Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

PSR, amortisation, Villa doing alleged player laundering, green lines, red lines, 99th percentiles, radar graphs.

Inject it in to my veins, who needs real football.

I'm sure someone could make the Trainspotting intro fit to all these shenanigans.

Choose Monchi, choose Emery, choose Chris Heck on a wet Birmingham afternoon, choose tables, graphs and amortisation, choose laundering players for PSR and accounting tables, choose the super league, big 6 turnover and selling off youth players, choose 99th percentiles and arguing over which graph looks best, pumping my arms full of radar graphs and fbref stats, pi**ing it all away at my basement room desk trying to figure out if we can afford 125k wages for our newest player we all fantasise about, no more than a washed up embarrassment to my kids that I persuaded to support villa and eventually replace me in the Holte End.

Choose life.

What exactly attracts you to the football industry,  Mr. MaVilla?

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Because we watch football and understand the physical limitations of some players and know there’s better players available for the same price or even cheaper.

Another player could’ve hit that tally also doesn’t take away from the fact he’s lightweight and struggles in shoulder to shoulder contact nor does it take Einstein to see it.

Lol do you hear yourself? Who cares if another player could’ve hit those numbers. He hit them regardless of his supposed physical limitations. Does that really not count for anything? You’re certain he’s destined to fail in the PL after seeing him just one season?

Fwiw, I’m all for his sale if it happens but arguing that he isn’t cutout for the PL when he clearly showed he has the ability to make it in the PL is a terrible argument.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

If we’re able to get Felix for that price then Monchi is seriously balling. Here’s  hoping

Would rather Villa go for Eze. Prem ready and more reliable transfer than Felix. Wharton is another but it would take an extraordinary amount of money for Palace to even consider selling him.

Edited by striker

4 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Per year?! That’s peanuts

Like I said, 66k per week while at Barca. If he wanted the move, he would probably be ok with around 100-150k pw here, he’s getting around 100-130pw for the rest of his Atletico contract after agreeing a reduction and extension with them.

Started on 6.6k pw on Barca loan, that was bumped up to 66pw.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Would rather Villa go for Eze. Prem ready and more reliable transfer than Felix. Wharton is another but it would take an extraordinary amount of money for Palace to even consider selling him.

Eze isn’t needed. JJ and Rogers basically fills his positions and roles 

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

They wanted Matty Cash at one point.... 

That will also work 😆

But, Duran needs to go and there has been rumoured interest from Atletico too, as well as Saudi clubs… West Ham and Chelsea won’t meet our demands for now.

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol do you hear yourself? Who cares if another player could’ve hit those numbers. He hit them regardless of his supposed physical limitations. Does that really not count for anything? You’re certain he’s destined to fail in the PL after seeing him just one season?

Fwiw, I’m all for his sale if it happens but arguing that he isn’t cutout for the PL when he clearly showed he has the ability to make it in the PL is a terrible argument.

The lad was bundled off the ball and harassed endlessly in all but a few games last season. Yes admittedly still put some goals in the onion bag and had some assists but moving forward and thinking he’ll become a Saka type winger and change our season I do not. As stated in a reference in another thread he looked almost disheartened and overwhelmed by the physicality of the league. So yes I don’t think he’ll add much more than he did this season nor do I think he’s got the fire to do so, but hey that’s my opinion

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Both would be amazing options whether they’d come here is another thing. Not sure what sort of price would turn Palaces head for Wharton but wouldn’t be anything south of 70m i suspect 

1 minute ago, CroVillan said:

Both would be amazing options whether they’d come here is another thing. Not sure what sort of price would turn Palaces head for Wharton but wouldn’t be anything south of 70m i suspect 

Onana will be just as good if not better than Wharton under Emery. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm not sure.

Listen, I still think we may sell Ramsey, as much as I don’t want to. 

We definitely won't be selling ramsey this window

Just now, Steero113 said:

Onana will be just as good if not better than Wharton under Emery. 

Big call, love Onana but Wharton is special. Fingers crossed you’re right. If anyone can improve a player it’s Unai.

Just now, CroVillan said:

Big call, love Onana but Wharton is special. Fingers crossed you’re right. If anyone can improve a player it’s Unai.

Onana is going for £50m at 22 and looked pretty bloody good at the Euros. 

He’s special. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

If we’re able to get Felix for that price then Monchi is seriously balling. Here’s  hoping

Anything more than 30 to purchase and anything more than 150k a week is too much

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â