Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Felix won't cost £60m .. Monchi will drive that price down. Can see it ending up in the £30-40m range

If we’re able to get Felix for that price then Monchi is seriously balling. Here’s  hoping

Just now, MaVilla said:

PSR, amortisation, Villa doing alleged player laundering, green lines, red lines, 99th percentiles, radar graphs.

Inject it in to my veins, who needs real football.

I'm sure someone could make the Trainspotting intro fit to all these shenanigans.

Choose Monchi, choose Emery, choose Chris Heck on a wet Birmingham afternoon, choose tables, graphs and amortisation, choose laundering players for PSR and accounting tables, choose the super league, big 6 turnover and selling off youth players, pumping my arms full of radar graphs and fbref stats, pi**ing it all away at my basement room desk trying to figure out if we can afford 125k wages for our newest player we all fantasise about, no more than a washed up embarrassment to my kids that I persuaded to support villa and eventually replace me in the Holte End.

Choose life.

What?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I totally agree. Love Diaby but unfortunately his lightweight frame and inability to get in and dirty is not cut out for the Prem. 
Jaden will be his cover, purchase Felix for your 10, match Spam’s over for Todibo and buy Kayode for your RB cover and be done with it. 

would have to sell, Digne, Cash and Diego to break even but that’s a cracking squad for every single comp especially with the young talent we have now. 

We already have a star in the making number 10 in Rogers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I totally agree. Love Diaby but unfortunately his lightweight frame and inability to get in and dirty is not cut out for the Prem. 
Jaden will be his cover, purchase Felix for your 10, match Spam’s over for Todibo and buy Kayode for your RB cover and be done with it. 

would have to sell, Digne, Cash and Diego to break even but that’s a cracking squad for every single comp especially with the young talent we have now. 

How can people genuinely say that about Diaby while knowing what he contributed in his first season with the squad?

1 hour ago, supermon said:

The thing is that the top 3 teams and champions League elite do have 50m subs coming on. That's also one reason why I didn't think we should sell, he's being replaced by what it seems to be philogene. I just hope he can step up to that level.

Yes - but they have double or triple our turnover.
We cannot afford to improve the quality of the starting 11 by holding onto a £50m-£60m second choice right winger, on a huge wage. We have to build a tema and squad within limits which are very different to the top 3.

It's also high risk - many clubs end up becoming rotten, with players earning a fortune sitting on the bench and eventually they fall away - see Chelsea and Man U recently.

If Unai thought he was the dogs whatsits, I am sure we wouldn't be selling him. I don't think he was first choice last summer, and that the form of Bailey surprised the coaches, so we can take the profit.

In Unai we Trust.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Nope last year he was (all per 90) 98th percentile for xA, 96th percentile for shot creating actions, 99th percentile for progressive passes, 97th percentile for progressive passing distance, 97th percentile for progressive carries, 99th percentile for progressive carry distance, 99th percentile for carries into the final third, 99th percentile for fouls won 97th percentile for tackles, 93rd percentile for tackle success %, 98th percentile for ball recoveries, 81st percentile for successful take ons too. 

And yes it was in a relatively small sample size, because ange preferred to play with 2 CDMs

But he's been consistently around the 80th-90th percentile in all these areas through his career. Last year was his age 28 season, his previous times playing in the prem he was 24 and 25. To say he couldn't have improved as he entered his peak is kind of silly (and even then he was a good prem CM even in those seasons) 

Still barely a Spurs sub under various Spurs managers and looked poor when playing and Emery hasn’t gone in for him.  He wouldn’t get in our team.  We just have to agree to disagree because to me it would just be a waste because he isn’t get ahead of any of our current flock and he would want decent wages.

13 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Felix won't cost £60m .. Monchi will drive that price down. Can see it ending up in the £30-40m range

Duran swap deal?

12 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

If we’re able to get Felix for that price then Monchi is seriously balling. Here’s  hoping

The problem wouldnt be his 40/50/60m fee , it would be his 300k p/w wages.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

PSR, amortisation, Villa doing alleged player laundering, green lines, red lines, 99th percentiles, radar graphs.

Inject it in to my veins, who needs real football.

I'm sure someone could make the Trainspotting intro fit to all these shenanigans.

Choose Monchi, choose Emery, choose Chris Heck on a wet Birmingham afternoon, choose tables, graphs and amortisation, choose laundering players for PSR and accounting tables, choose the super league, big 6 turnover and selling off youth players, choose 99th percentiles and arguing over which graph looks best, pumping my arms full of radar graphs and fbref stats, pi**ing it all away at my basement room desk trying to figure out if we can afford 125k wages for our newest player we all fantasise about, no more than a washed up embarrassment to my kids that I persuaded to support villa and eventually replace me in the Holte End.

Choose life.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He’s on nowhere near 300 (everyone just loves making stuff up about this guy 😂).

Was on 200k odd, agreed to a contract extension and permanent 50% reduction (probably 100-120k p w) with Atletico in order to secure his loan to Barca.

Barca had him on 6k p w during the loan, until La Liga rules bumped it up to 66k (and Atletico probably paid a fair chunk of that). His “dream move”.

He wouldn’t cost the wedge that many think he would… and unlikely to be as affordable or gettable as he is now. 

I honestly don’t know whether he has any personality or attitude issues but… all I’m aware of is a falling out with Simeone (who is far from a saint) and Barca would’ve extended his stay (they liked him, and so does the new manager) had finances permitted (idiots running on almost 3 billion euros of debt but somehow still allowed to to do transfer business, chase big names and find loopholes).

Ultimately, Unai rates him (see his quotes, we tried when Chelsea got him) and if he wants him - maybe we should too. If that’s the case that is… wait and see.

There are some good alternatives too.

Edited by Jas10

16 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We already have a star in the making number 10 in Rogers.

Yes I agree but who will also be deployed on the left along with JJ. We’ll be heavily in on Felix I believe.

16 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

For you championship watchers who could be the next Rogers and suprise a few ?.

Jack Clarke and Jobe Bellingham? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How can people genuinely say that about Diaby while knowing what he contributed in his first season with the squad?

Because we watch football and understand the physical limitations of some players and know there’s better players available for the same price or even cheaper.

Another player could’ve hit that tally also doesn’t take away from the fact he’s lightweight and struggles in shoulder to shoulder contact nor does it take Einstein to see it.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was reading somewhere is wages weren’t that astronomically high. Might be wrong. 

Have to  admit… I would be very excited if we made a move for Alvarez. If it was affordable/reasonable that is. He’s asked them to keep their demands in check somewhat…

Not sure if I have a standout or sole preference for the no. 10 spot (easy answer is, whoever Unai wants).

Links up with the Emi’s and Enzo 🇦🇷 would see more game time and we have a top class, future, replacement and alternative (rest/rotation) for Ollie  - in the meantime he would play with/alongside him… and get CL football.

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just now, CroVillan said:

I was reading somewhere is wages weren’t that astronomically high. Might be wrong. 

Nowhere near that, see above.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â