Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So let's assume the Diaby deal goes through which is looking likely. Would anyone be happy with Raphinha as a replacement? 

Depends how much he costs. Barca bought him for 45 was it 3 years ago now? So if we paid 25-30 for him sure. His production for his minutes is very very high. Only slightly worse than Bailey's. 

If he's mroe than that I think it's a misallocation of resources and would still prefer to sign another technical CM like a Lo Celso especially one who can also fill in one of the wide roles or as the 10 the way Tielemans did last year. 

If we were to sign a winger I'd be interested in Johan Bakayoko but it seems like he's signing in Saudi. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Last nights game showed just how much talent we have given the mature performances by the newcomers. To think we still have Tielemans, Maatsen, Watkins, Konsa, McGinn, Mings, Buendia, Ramsey, Dobbin to still return, presumably Philogene and Onana, plus Diaby and Duran [or his replacement], and we may still see Hermoso arrive, is crazy. We have moved on so much in three years.

Really, after this window assuming Hause and Dendonker depart, we will be replacing decent squad players with better ones - Cash, Moreno, Digne, Carlos.... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Depends how much he costs. Barca bought him for 45 was it 3 years ago now? So if we paid 25-30 for him sure. 

If he's mroe than that I think it's a misallocation of resources and would still prefer to sign another technical CM like a Lo Celso especially one who can also fill in one of the wide roles or as the 10 the way Tielemans did last year. 

No way for Lo Celso, just don’t rate him. He wouldn’t make our bench in an almost fully fit squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

No way for Lo Celso, just don’t rate him. He wouldn’t make our bench in an almost fully fit squad.

I completely disagree he started for emery before, he's been over 90th percentile in expected assists per 90 the last 3 seasons (the last 2 at 99th percentile), 90th or higher percentile for progressive passes the last 3 seasons, 80th percentile for progressive carries.

Beats his man whilst dribbling, shows for the ball often and keeps it moving with passing, very aggressive ball winner too. His biggest flaw is that he's like 5'9 but now we have onana and Barrenechea to provide more physicality and size in the middle of the park. 

Imo he's been under utilised at spurs and if he could be had for less than 25 million pounds that would be an absolute steal. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

SIJr / Philogene will comfortably replace what Diaby offered in my opinion and for half the price, meaning we can get that star #10 that would complete the attacking options without spending much net.

I totally agree. Love Diaby but unfortunately his lightweight frame and inability to get in and dirty is not cut out for the Prem. 
Jaden will be his cover, purchase Felix for your 10, match Spam’s over for Todibo and buy Kayode for your RB cover and be done with it. 

would have to sell, Digne, Cash and Diego to break even but that’s a cracking squad for every single comp especially with the young talent we have now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Raphinha is a good player but would offer a similar conundrum to Diaby rather than being an obviously better fit. Diaby came in having almost exclusively done his best work as a winger/wide forward, then came to Villa and played more centrally which nobody really anticipated. While he had his moments you could equally tell he was having teething problems with the new role at other points. Can't see how Raphinha would be any different given he's a similar profile of player in terms of position. Maybe Bailey could play more centrally but it just makes more sense to me that a player in the mould of Felix - even if it isn't literally him - makes the most sense if the club were to look for a direct replacement, as they'd be a more natural fit for the position and other wingers have or are being brought in already to cover depth in that area of the pitch.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I completely disagree he started for emery before, he's been over 90th percentile in expected assists per 90 the last 3 seasons (the last 2 at 99th percentile), 90th or higher percentile for progressive passes the last 3 seasons, 80th percentile for progressive carries.

Beats his man whilst dribbling, shows for the ball often and keeps it moving with passing, very aggressive ball winner too. His biggest flaw is that he's like 5'9 but now we have onana and Barrenechea to provide more physicality and size in the middle of the park. 

Imo he's been under utilised at spurs and if he could be had for less than 25 million pounds that would be an absolute steal. 

Nope, he’s not suited to the PL.  I assume your stats are based mostly, if not all, on the different style of the Spanish league.  At Spurs he’s looked way out of his depth and hence why he keeps getting benched or used sparingly as a sub. Just doesn’t look good enough for the PL style of league and wouldn’t feature for us and hence why Emery hasn’t gone and plucked a Spurs sub from them and has invested in other midfield players.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder if Villa are trying to cover the Felix fee with the Diaby money 

One hundred percent they are.

dont think we’re going to stop after that either. 

Just now, CroVillan said:

One hundred percent they are.

dont think we’re going to stop after that either. 

Hmmm not sure.

Listen, I still think we may sell Ramsey, as much as I don’t want to. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm not sure.

Don’t think we’ll sell JJ as I believe we’ll use Morg’s as the 10 a bit. Price is at a low and no need to sell atm at least. 

it’s seriously chess atm, I think it’s about getting the right players in now and then selling between the end of this  window and next to relieve PSR pressure if need be. 

but hey we could both be wrong and Nek Minut were selling Ollie for 150m hahahha

22 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Last nights game showed just how much talent we have given the mature performances by the newcomers. To think we still have Tielemans, Maatsen, Watkins, Konsa, McGinn, Mings, Buendia, Ramsey, Dobbin to still return, presumably Philogene and Onana, plus Diaby and Duran [or his replacement], and we may still see Hermoso arrive, is crazy. We have moved on so much in three years.

Really, after this window assuming Hause and Dendonker depart, we will be replacing decent squad players with better ones - Cash, Moreno, Digne, Carlos.... 

It's almost as if they know what they are doing 👀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder if Villa are trying to cover the Felix fee with the Diaby money 

For all his undoubted talent, Felix's finishing is woeful. I expect Unai could make him a more consistent performer in the number 10 position but he's still going to have those limitations so unless he's coming on loan (seemingly not an option this summer) then I genuinely don't think he's a wise signing. He would simply be an expensive hinderance, taking minutes away from Rogers who would do a superior job as a 10 for us

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope, he’s not suited to the PL.  I assume your stats are based mostly, if not all, on the different style of the Spanish league.  At Spurs he’s looked way out of his depth and hence why he keeps getting benched or used sparingly as a sub. Just doesn’t look good enough for the PL style of league and wouldn’t feature for us and hence why Emery hasn’t gone and plucked a Spurs sub from them and has invested in other midfield players.

Nope last year he was (all per 90) 98th percentile for xA, 96th percentile for shot creating actions, 99th percentile for progressive passes, 97th percentile for progressive passing distance, 97th percentile for progressive carries, 99th percentile for progressive carry distance, 99th percentile for carries into the final third, 99th percentile for fouls won 97th percentile for tackles, 93rd percentile for tackle success %, 98th percentile for ball recoveries, 81st percentile for successful take ons too. 

And yes it was in a relatively small sample size, because ange preferred to play with 2 CDMs

But he's been consistently around the 80th-90th percentile in all these areas through his career. Last year was his age 28 season, his previous times playing in the prem he was 24 and 25. To say he couldn't have improved as he entered his peak is kind of silly (and even then he was a good prem CM even in those seasons) 

Edited by MotoMkali

8 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

For all his undoubted talent, Felix's finishing is woeful. I expect Unai could make him a more consistent performer in the number 10 position but he's still going to have those limitations so unless he's coming on loan (seemingly not an option this summer) then I genuinely don't think he's a wise signing. He would simply be an expensive hinderance, taking minutes away from Rogers who would do a superior job as a 10 for us

spacer.png

19 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Quite a stark difference

His radar graph looks very good. 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm not sure.

Really don't think we'd consider selling Ramsey now. His stock is a bit low given that he barely kicked a ball last season. Would be a poor time to try and move him on. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â