Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

So let's assume the Diaby deal goes through which is looking likely. Would anyone be happy with Raphinha as a replacement? 

I need more details, please.

Cost? Plan of where to play him? Who moves into the number 10 role or do we sign someone else as well for that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So let's assume the Diaby deal goes through which is looking likely. Would anyone be happy with Raphinha as a replacement? 

I think that Diaby's replacement will be a 2nd striker/#10. Raphinha is more of a winger no?

• Like 1

Not sure we need a like for like replacement, if we think Bailey will continue to improve then I'd be happy for us to pocket most of the cash and take a punt on a youngster or two to be rotation/cover for Bailey. Going after a name would waste a lot of money

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I need more details, please.

Cost? Plan of where to play him? Who moves into the number 10 role or do we sign someone else as well for that?

In this hypothetical scenario which is complete nonsense. Let's say we buy him for about 40m (cos Barca need money for Williams).
We also sell Duran and replace him with a player who can play the number 10 role or backup for Ollie. 

8 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I think that Diaby's replacement will be a 2nd striker/#10. Raphinha is more of a winger no?

I think you're right and I think we'll push for Felix to play that role. Was just curious what people thought of Raphinia. Which is not a lot it seems :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Okay so I'vebeen holding back a lot in relation to Diaby, Philogene, Rogers and the number 10 role. So now I'm laying out my position clearly.

Rogers is our number 10 second striker.

Diaby was too lightweight and we couldn't get to ball to stick up front at times, Rogers solves this.

To have Diaby (a 50m player) as backup no 10 and backup right winger is a misplacement of resources so we are selling him for a profit.

Philogene is perfect as back up to the right and left flanks and cost only 13m. What's not to like. He is also the best player in the championship last season. He can be a top player.

We will sign a back up 10 not a starting 10. I don’t really believe the Felix stuff, we've been there before it's not happened. A Beier or Kilscoy.

Williams we'd jump at as he is a future ballon d'or winner imo. But that is the level of quality a forward needs for us to bring another in as a starter.

Duran will probably go and he will be replaced by either an experienced proven striker. Or a young prodigious talent up there with Duran.

Outgoings are most likely the priority now. Also a centre back.

The thing is that the top 3 teams and champions League elite do have 50m subs coming on. That's also one reason why I didn't think we should sell, he's being replaced by what it seems to be philogene. I just hope he can step up to that level.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not if the fee is anything close to the €60m or whatever they are asking. Not overly keen on him and certainly don't want to help Barcelona out financially. Or help them make room for Williams.

£25m and I'd happily take Raphinha, but he wouldn't be my main target.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In this hypothetical scenario which is complete nonsense. Let's say we buy him for about 40m (cos Barca need money for Williams).
We also sell Duran and replace him with a player who can play the number 10 role or backup for Ollie.

I think you're right and I think we'll push for Felix to play that role. Was just curious what people thought of Raphinia. Which is not a lot it seems :D 

Who and how much is the number 10/back up for Ollie?

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

You won't need monchi to pay less. Felix has already made it clear he won't be going back to athletico. They've no choice but to sell him for less because it doesn't seem like any Saudi team wants him. If they get €40m they will have done well. 

That will likely result in a summer long game of poker. That'll be interesting because we'll likely not sell Diaby before getting a replacement confirmed so the whole thing could go down to the last few days of the window.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Who and how much is the number 10/back up for Ollie?

You have so many questions and I have so little answers :D 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

The thing is that the top 3 teams and champions League elite do have 50m subs coming on. That's also one reason why I didn't think we should sell, he's being replaced by what it seems to be philogene. I just hope he can step up to that level.

SIJr / Philogene will comfortably replace what Diaby offered in my opinion and for half the price, meaning we can get that star #10 that would complete the attacking options without spending much net.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not sure we need a like for like replacement, if we think Bailey will continue to improve then I'd be happy for us to pocket most of the cash and take a punt on a youngster or two to be rotation/cover for Bailey. Going after a name would waste a lot of money

Back up to Bailey will be Philogene.

Diaby (10/SS) and Bailey (RW/RWF) don't play the same position. Rogers will play 10 and Philogene will backup Bailey. Buendia, SIJ and Dobbin, will all be in the rotation behind Rogers. The latter two across the front three positions.

If we sign a 10/SS, like Felix, I'm not sure what that would mean for Rogers.

Edited by Tubby

I dont think we need Raphinha, I would rather Felix or Baena for example. But I don't think we need Williams either, but of course its the opportunity to improve. 

On the basis that Raphinha is 27 I would say it is unlikely gievn the profile this market is younger with sell on value.

31 minutes ago, supermon said:

I understand where you're coming from, and somewhat agree. But we don't have anywhere near the 400m turnover to make us sustainable as a champions league level club. So we can't operate like they do.

This means we have to make money on our transfer business, and endeavour to keep wages as low possible. If we can bring in a 13m 40k to 50k per week player to do almost as good a job as a 50m 150k per week player then we are doing well. As we can then spend that 50m 150k per on a player that strengthens our first team makes us stronger (Onana for example).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â