Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

For you championship watchers who could be the next Rogers and suprise a few ?.

It’s a great league to look at. Adam Wharton looks class too (long list of others over recent years!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Our squad is massive, didn’t realise until tonight. We fielded two sets of XI in the friendly with another XI unavailable for a host of known and unknown reasons. Forget two for each position, we’ve currently got three for every one I think!

We are a bit light at left back though... 👀

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Its still got to be a huge pull for Spanish players. 

Worldwide. Barca while ran as a joke are a huge club and most players grew up watching Messi, Iniesta, Xavi dominate football

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

As it is the early morning I have decided to revise my wanted list.

Wan Bissaka
Todibo
Fabian Ruiz
Jonathan David

We will not sign any of those players.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Somerville. 

Don't Leave Me This Way

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

For you championship watchers who could be the next Rogers and suprise a few ?.

Young kid at Burnley called Aaron Ramsey.

uR9IDF.gif

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thibk eze plays the diaby role behind  ollie excellently

Id say eze is better than ramsey tbh

Eze is brilliant

But I think Ramsey could really go up levels once fit. He was great at the end of the 22/23 season, once Unai got him right.
I can't shake the thoughts of that short cameo, and goal, against Brighton early last season.  He just looked amazing; ready for England without question. 

I really think that in a year we'll be demanding a new RW to live up to the standards of Ollie, Ramsey and Rogers across the rest of the front line - probably coz Bailey has 'only' got 20 G/A all season!

2 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Weren't we once linked to him? 

Yeah! Around the time of Rogers. I think Rowe has a lot of talent - 12 goals in a poor Norwich team. Got a higher ceiling for sure. One to watch even if we don’t move for him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I hope we go for Alvarez as replacement for Diaby and Duran. Can play off the striker or play as the striker. 2 player sales for 1 purchase. 

I don't see it happening but Julian Alvarez would be a crazy good signing. I think he'll end up at a traditionally "big club" (whatever that means) but if we could convince him to join it would be a huge statement to the footballing world.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

As it is the early morning I have decided to revise my wanted list.

Wan Bissaka
Todibo
Fabian Ruiz
Jonathan David

Apparently that lot can be brought for 105m

Wan Bissaka is easily one of the best defensive right backs around, sure if we are going to play an attacking right back or an inverted right back my pick changes. For the role Emery played last year this is a slam dunk at 15m

Todibo is big and strong, takes the ball out of defence to break the lines and is a very good passer. Basically he is like Pau but more physical. Our win rate with Pau is night and day when he is in the team, getting another player who can play like that allows more options to take the ball out of defence and stops us being as rubbish at set pieces too. West Ham has agreed a loan with an option to buy for 27m so I assume the package is about 35m.......... COME ON do the deal.

Since signing the central midfielders we have this summer I have to change my picks as a different option is needed now, I have gone for Fabian Ruiz. He isn't wanted by PSG and can be had for 25-30m, he does an awful lot of what Luiz does and the deal would not only make us better in depth than last year but stronger in the 11 too.

Lastly Jonathan David, he is available for 25m, that is chicken feed for him. Good goal scoring record, he can replace Watkins when he is out the team, he can play with Watkins when we play that 10/shadow striker role that Diaby was in last season. Bit of a no brainer, he even plays a fair bit like Watkins too so when he is missing the teams play wouldn't change to much.

The sell list is the obvious ones but I may as well list it.

Moreno
Cash
Carlos
Hause
Dendonker
Archer
Duran

Just the above should cover 100m

Diaby if someone is offering 60m, then we have to sell.

Squad depth is full everywhere then, quality everywhere, PSR massively improved

Seems like a Recycled list from last season and the season before only missing Otavio & Inacio. 

• Like 2

The extra manpower we have in midfield is impressive already. We lost Doug, but we’ve gained an awful lot of depth. Add Onana into that mix and it’s a v different but potentially interesting time.

There are games last season where the midfield seemed to disappear, getting pushed back so it was v close to the defence. I’m nervous about the extent of the change but if this works it will cement Emery’s place as a tactical genius 

Okay so I'vebeen holding back a lot in relation to Diaby, Philogene, Rogers and the number 10 role. So now I'm laying out my position clearly.

Rogers is our number 10 second striker.

Diaby was too lightweight and we couldn't get to ball to stick up front at times, Rogers solves this.

To have Diaby (a 50m player) as backup no 10 and backup right winger is a misplacement of resources so we are selling him for a profit.

Philogene is perfect as back up to the right and left flanks and cost only 13m. What's not to like. He is also the best player in the championship last season. He can be a top player.

We will sign a back up 10 not a starting 10. I don’t really believe the Felix stuff, we've been there before it's not happened. A Beier or Kilscoy.

Williams we'd jump at as he is a future ballon d'or winner imo. But that is the level of quality a forward needs for us to bring another in as a starter.

Duran will probably go and he will be replaced by either an experienced proven striker. Or a young prodigious talent up there with Duran.

Outgoings are most likely the priority now. Also a centre back.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

Another day, another Spanish tabloid claiming we are in for Mikel Merino. As much as I like him, Unai’s previously denied interest and I’m not sure the Euros changed his mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frodo said:

They say €60 Million 🤔 but we got Monchi .....

You won't need monchi to pay less. Felix has already made it clear he won't be going back to athletico. They've no choice but to sell him for less because it doesn't seem like any Saudi team wants him. If they get €40m they will have done well. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â