Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Our squad is massive, didn’t realise until tonight. We fielded two sets of XI in the friendly with another XI unavailable for a host of known and unknown reasons. Forget two for each position, we’ve currently got three for every one I think!

I’ve been saying this for days. Our squad is too big. We going to need to make a handful of sales, just to be able to register everyone 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Our squad is massive, didn’t realise until tonight. We fielded two sets of XI in the friendly with another XI unavailable for a host of known and unknown reasons. Forget two for each position, we’ve currently got three for every one I think!

We had a a full squad last season it's just we have a few permanent injuries and a bunch that we didn't want to play.

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We really don’t need eze. Rogers and JJ do the same role

I thibk eze plays the diaby role behind  ollie excellently

Id say eze is better than ramsey tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve been saying this for days. Our squad is too big. We going to need to make a handful of sales, just to be able to register everyone 

Barry, Archer, Dendoncker and Moreno could all go   (If buyers can be found) and wouldn’t affect the squad at all. One of KKH (loan) or Cash (sale) could join that list, or perhaps both with a straight replacement for Cash. Olsen probably needs to go too but similarly needs replacing (preferably an experienced head who is either free or available for a lowish fee). 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I thibk eze plays the diaby role behind  ollie excellently

Id say eze is better than ramsey tbh

Eze Is a super player, but I think we’ll buy a round peg for a round hole in that position - unless it’s going to be Rogers which creates a space on the left.

He’d also cost most than Olmo, potentially. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Barry, Archer, Dendoncker and Moreno could all go   (If buyers can be found) and wouldn’t affect the squad at all. One of KKH (loan) or Cash (sale) could join that list, or perhaps both with a straight replacement for Cash. Olsen probably needs to go too but similarly needs replacing (preferably an experienced head who is either free or available for a lowish fee). 

As I’m seeing it, we are digne/moreno, Dendonker, Hause, Duran over limit

Barry isn’t making the first team (sorry)

KKH is staying as a Club trained player. 

cash is in my one in one kit category. We sell him, we buying a replacement RB

8 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

For you championship watchers who could be the next Rogers and suprise a few ?.

Steve Bull.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

My Norwich supporting mate says Jonathan Rowe is the name to watch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

JPB, which we’ve already got. Summerville could be better but financially we’ve got the better deal.

I don’t think we can get Felix and Beier. But one of them (if it was Felix I’d keep Archer). 
Felix/Beier, Hermoso, Kayode (no links for a while now). While selling Diaby, Duran, Cash. I don’t think it will be easy to sell Carlos, so keep him until next season. 
If we can get Felix on loan, Hermoso free while Kayode around 20-25m. We might not get a negative net spend as usual. Any sale of Dendonker, whoever from the academy players then that would be a good as well. One of Moreno and Digne as well. Then next season we’ll have less movement but we could still balance it more. 

As it is the early morning I have decided to revise my wanted list.

Wan Bissaka
Todibo
Fabian Ruiz
Jonathan David

Apparently that lot can be brought for 105m

Wan Bissaka is easily one of the best defensive right backs around, sure if we are going to play an attacking right back or an inverted right back my pick changes. For the role Emery played last year this is a slam dunk at 15m

Todibo is big and strong, takes the ball out of defence to break the lines and is a very good passer. Basically he is like Pau but more physical. Our win rate with Pau is night and day when he is in the team, getting another player who can play like that allows more options to take the ball out of defence and stops us being as rubbish at set pieces too. West Ham has agreed a loan with an option to buy for 27m so I assume the package is about 35m.......... COME ON do the deal.

Since signing the central midfielders we have this summer I have to change my picks as a different option is needed now, I have gone for Fabian Ruiz. He isn't wanted by PSG and can be had for 25-30m, he does an awful lot of what Luiz does and the deal would not only make us better in depth than last year but stronger in the 11 too.

Lastly Jonathan David, he is available for 25m, that is chicken feed for him. Good goal scoring record, he can replace Watkins when he is out the team, he can play with Watkins when we play that 10/shadow striker role that Diaby was in last season. Bit of a no brainer, he even plays a fair bit like Watkins too so when he is missing the teams play wouldn't change to much.

The sell list is the obvious ones but I may as well list it.

Moreno
Cash
Carlos
Hause
Dendonker
Archer
Duran

Just the above should cover 100m

Diaby if someone is offering 60m, then we have to sell.

Squad depth is full everywhere then, quality everywhere, PSR massively improved

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As it is the early morning I have decided to revise my wanted list.

Wan Bissaka
Todibo
Fabian Ruiz
Jonathan David

Apparently that lot can be brought for 105m

Wan Bissaka is easily one of the best defensive right backs around, sure if we are going to play an attacking right back or an inverted right back my pick changes. For the role Emery played last year this is a slam dunk at 15m

Todibo is big and strong, takes the ball out of defence to break the lines and is a very good passer. Basically he is like Pau but more physical. Our win rate with Pau is night and day when he is in the team, getting another player who can play like that allows more options to take the ball out of defence and stops us being as rubbish at set pieces too. West Ham has agreed a loan with an option to buy for 27m so I assume the package is about 35m.......... COME ON do the deal.

Since signing the central midfielders we have this summer I have to change my picks as a different option is needed now, I have gone for Fabian Ruiz. He isn't wanted by PSG and can be had for 25-30m, he does an awful lot of what Luiz does and the deal would not only make us better in depth than last year but stronger in the 11 too.

Lastly Jonathan David, he is available for 25m, that is chicken feed for him. Good goal scoring record, he can replace Watkins when he is out the team, he can play with Watkins when we play that 10/shadow striker role that Diaby was in last season. Bit of a no brainer, he even plays a fair bit like Watkins too so when he is missing the teams play wouldn't change to much.

The sell list is the obvious ones but I may as well list it.

Moreno
Cash
Carlos
Hause
Dendonker
Archer
Duran

Just the above should cover 100m

Diaby if someone is offering 60m, then we have to sell.

Squad depth is full everywhere then, quality everywhere, PSR massively improved

You really think Ruiz could go for 25-30m after the EURO's he just had ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You really think Ruiz could go for 25-30m after the EURO's he just had ?

That is what is quoted out there. Apparently and I get why PSG are not happy with their central midfield and want a clear out for new shiny things, they want rid of Ugarte too.

Don't forget he earns a decent chunk and is 28 now too.

Edit - 1200 mins in the league last year with no listed injures

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yuck

Jonathan David 24

23/24 - 3615 mins       35 Goal contributions   or 1 every 103 mins

22/23 - 3420 mins       30 Goal contributions   or 1 every 114 mins
21/22 - 3657 mins       19 Goal contributions   or  1 every 192 mins

20/21 - 3046 mins       18 Goal contributions   or 1 every 169 mins

That record for a 24 year old is outstanding, the out put trajectory is great, he has played in all european competitions............ He even plays similarly to Watkins, for 25m

How is that 'Yuck'? 

How is AWB, 26 for 15m, 'Yuck' for a defensive right back?

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

My Norwich supporting mate says Jonathan Rowe is the name to watch. 

He's been brought up on here several times last season. I'm sure someone said they'd watched him a few times and didn't think he was PL level player or maybe I'm confusing with another

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

cash is in my one in one kit category.

Agreed, for all the squad. PSR is a concern but they can all have their own shirts and shorts.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â