Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Leicester favourites to sign Matias Soule now.

Hopefully we make a move for him as we have the advantage of having his best mate at the club. Although Leicester isn't exactly a million miles away.

Can’t see us signing another winger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Felix would make more sense than raphinha

Felix and Soule with Diaby funds.

that way we can double down on RW and Felix as a 10 or false 9. 
then we’d be all but done bar a RB/RCB and reserve keeper if we’re being greedy.

but kudos to Monchi. Fair play sir, major work he’s performed this season in such a short space of time, one more window like this and we’d have shed all our deadwood and shaped our squad into an Emery machine where we’ll only need to tinker a player or two each window if need be.

10 hours ago, bose said:

I’d take what a footballer says with a grain of salt, even though it’s Athletic Bilbao. He’s out of our league for now at least, but wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Barca.

10 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Why would you say he’s out of our league brother? Just wondering?

people keep saying that. We have champions league, amazing project, money and the best coaching and recruitment team in the business. I’m just curious why some think he’s out of our league? 

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Because he's rejected us already and is now one of the hottest property players in the world. He has big wages and constantly, *constantly* says he isn't leaving Bilbao.

His older brother has constantly done the same and remains at Bilbao. Maybe he joins his best mate Lamine Yamal at Barca, but everything he's said and done says "I'm not leaving Bilbao for Aston Villa".

Yes, our position has improved since then, but Nico's standing has improved even quicker in the time since he already rejected us

7 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Not the question brother. Was re: bigger club. 
was a question what constitutes a bigger club at present if pointed out in the questions I asked in the message previously. 

yes he rejected us before but also prior to us achieving CL quals and obviously a clearer view of our project. 
wasn’t a dig just wanted a view on why people are thinking we are no chance of attracting such players? 

think we’re any less of an attractive proposition than Red Bull? Seen the talents they attract, offer less money, inferior facilities because we sure as hell have more heritage, better supporters and currently a better coaching team. 

Barcelona has and always will have that pull for many players especially the Spanish based ones. The player is basque same as our coach so I personally don’t understand how it’s such an outlandish and ridiculous thought of him coming here as some posters have said “not a chance” “ who are we kidding “ etc. 

All the posts in the convo so far, only person who said bigger club was you

I don't think raphinha is good enough personally, certainly not for that money, selling diaby for him makes no sense, would also finance Barca getting Williams 

I'm also not overly sold on felix, I think his career is stalling and he's high risk and don't get me wrong I love emery he's class but this whole notion of him being untouchable and making every player we're linked to better is a dangerous train of thought that I don't agree with, we're still perfectly capable of picking up an expensive flop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think raphinha is good enough personally, certainly not for that money, selling diaby for him makes no sense, would also finance Barca getting Williams 

I'm also not overly sold on felix, I think his career is stalling and he's high risk and don't get me wrong I love emery he's class but this whole notion of him being untouchable and making every player we're linked to better is a dangerous train of thought that I don't agree with, we're still perfectly capable of picking up an expensive flop

Barca are a financial mess so it’s in their interest that pro-Barca sources put out such stories and about Felix - they want to cook their books to bring in Williams at all costs 

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

The slander Felix gets on here is unreal...  Just because he had one bad loan spell at the clown car circus that is Chelsea doesn't mean he's a bad player...

• His breakthrough season at Benfica was incredible.  He looked like he was going to be the next best player in the world in the vein of Messi/Ronaldo with the right coaching and was 2nd across Europe's 7 best leagues for Goals/Assists behind Kai Havertz and Jadon Sancho.
  • He was the youngest player to ever score a hat trick in the Europa League in his breakthrough season at Benfica.
  • His transfer to Atletico after just that one season at Benfica was for £113m, more than Man City paid us for Grealish, and he signed a SEVEN year contract.
  • Won the Golden Boy for the best player in Europe under 21 in his first season at Atletico
  • He struggled a lot of with injuries and found it difficult to fit into Simeone's tactical style, but still made 31 appearances in his second season when Atlectico won the La Liga title for the first time in seven years
  • His third season at Atletico was arguably his best where he became a full time starter and won the supporter's Player of the Season award.  On the other hand, this was the season where his fallout with Simeone became pretty bad and rumors about him leaving the club in January or at the end of the season ramped up.

Emery could make him into one of the best players in Europe again.  Emery even admitted that we tried to sign him on loan in the presser before the Chelsea game that season he was there on loan, so it's obvious that he is an admirer of his.  Some of the takes on here regarding Felix are lazy... 

I am more interested in what he is like now rather than 6 years when he 18, all players rise and fall at different trajectories there are lots of wonderkids who fizzle out and lots of "nobodies" who achieve great careers. I can see why a lot of fans are sceptical over Felix, there are genuine questions whether he is a "hype" job who is still dining out on his achievements as a teenager and the insane transfer fee, or if he is genuinely capable of being an effective player in the Premier League if placed in the right system which he could be but it's not guaranteed and it would be very expensive for us to find out one way or the other. If Emery makes him our top target I will I will trust his judgement, if Emery can unlock his potential then it could be a really exciting signing, but equally if we move onto other targets then I will not lose any sleep over it as there's just so much uncertainty over him for the required cost along with unfortunately a perception of a "bad attitude".

Edited by david-avfc

@CroVillan talk to me about Martin Baturina and is he just an AM or could he also cover the second striker role ? Could he in your opinion be a good signing for us and what we need 

If Emery signs Felix, I’d still support it. However, I question the veracity of such links right now and it’s totally legitimate to question the attitude of Felix who clearly has attitude issues. He’s ended up on the bench at Barca and Chelsea too. It’s not impossible can turn that around. But for the cost, it’s also totally reasonable to be sceptical. The ability is there absolutely,  the mental drive? To be desired. Nor are his goal contributions that much better than the likes of Diaby either. 

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Unsure how reliable but more linkage to Raphinha

It says ‘according to The Mirror’. I haven’t seen anything about Rafinha in The Mirror. I’m calling BS.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â