Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Would rather he be off the table. Also how does he fit in a team that already has like 8 wingers/cams

Pokemon Villa.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? He has said he only wants to go to Juve and holding out for them.  West Ham have had a bid accepted for him but he’s not interested.

Juventus could hijack the deal you’re right as it sounds like he wants to go there but as it stands they have agreed terms with WH and he’s likely to go on loan there. I know we were tentatively linked and no idea if we held talks or not, but would be a real shame to miss out to West Ham if they do get him.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The slander Felix gets on here is unreal...  Just because he had one bad loan spell at the clown car circus that is Chelsea doesn't mean he's a bad player...

• His breakthrough season at Benfica was incredible.  He looked like he was going to be the next best player in the world in the vein of Messi/Ronaldo with the right coaching and was 2nd across Europe's 7 best leagues for Goals/Assists behind Kai Havertz and Jadon Sancho.
  • He was the youngest player to ever score a hat trick in the Europa League in his breakthrough season at Benfica.
  • His transfer to Atletico after just that one season at Benfica was for £113m, more than Man City paid us for Grealish, and he signed a SEVEN year contract.
  • Won the Golden Boy for the best player in Europe under 21 in his first season at Atletico
  • He struggled a lot of with injuries and found it difficult to fit into Simeone's tactical style, but still made 31 appearances in his second season when Atlectico won the La Liga title for the first time in seven years
  • His third season at Atletico was arguably his best where he became a full time starter and won the supporter's Player of the Season award.  On the other hand, this was the season where his fallout with Simeone became pretty bad and rumors about him leaving the club in January or at the end of the season ramped up.

Emery could make him into one of the best players in Europe again.  Emery even admitted that we tried to sign him on loan in the presser before the Chelsea game that season he was there on loan, so it's obvious that he is an admirer of his.  Some of the takes on here regarding Felix are lazy... 

Amen brother 

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Juventus could hijack the deal you’re right as it sounds like he wants to go there but as it stands they have agreed terms with WH and he’s likely to go on loan there. I know we were tentatively linked and no idea if we held talks or not, but would be a real shame to miss out to West Ham if they do get him.

I’d say Todibo is unlikely to go to West Ham, actually.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’d say Todibo is unlikely to go to West Ham, actually.

Hopefully not as he’ll be strengthening a potential rival.

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Don’t think Baena is what we need at all.

I'm just fed up of seeing his name page after page

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Hopefully not as he’ll be strengthening a potential rival.

If we have a willing buyer for Carlos it would be crazy not to buy him

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t think he’s going there, he’s basically said no to them and he won’t be going on loan to WH.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think he’s going there, he’s basically said no to them and he won’t be going on loan to WH.

Players are fickle, Yoro wanted Real but is going to Man Utd and Maatsen wanted Dortmund and ended up at us.

Anyway doesn’t really matter where he ends up as it sounds like it won’t be with us sadly. Guess we have to move Carlos or Cash on (or both) before we can bring another defender in. 

Further quotes from earlier, re: Joao Felix.

✅💣 NEWS! A door is reopened for Joao Felix in the premiere: Aston Villa.

🗣️ "A month ago it was unfeasible, today the Aston door is open again for Joao, I made some calls this morning, and look out for good old Emery!"

🗣️ There is confidence that it can be done, "Maybe Emery accepts the challenge of welcoming Joao, and turning him into one of the most important players in the Premier"

💰 Aston has made important sales, and still has some left, they have the liquidity to undertake the operation.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No idea if legit (highly unlikely so don't shoot me). Would be a shame to give them the money for Williams tho. 

Ah, another account posting it too.

I think Onana is the Luiz "replacement" - I think we'll set up a little differently in midfield next season. Luiz was many things for us, but a physical presence he was/is not - we were bullied a lot, and I think Onana, Barkley and Enzo will add depth and physicality (as well as a bit of Luiz style).

Felix...  can't see it happening for some reason. Im not sure Im 100% sold on him either 

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ah, another account posting it too.

Record signing, 27, to play the same position as Leon Bailey? Seems unlikely. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Leicester favourites to sign Matias Soule now.

Hopefully we make a move for him as we have the advantage of having his best mate at the club. Although Leicester isn't exactly a million miles away.

• Like 1

I agree with others that Onana is the 'Luiz' replacement.  But in terms of positional play only.  I think Luiz technical and passing ability will be made up in the aggregate by several players.  Barkley and Youri will fill that gap imo.  However, I am excited about the Felix rumors.  I think Villa lack that lockpick no10/SS player.  We need someone like ManU Fernandez, Arse Odegaard, Citeh DeBruyne, etc etc.  Buendia is not at that level- Felix is and with UE coaching he can easily be that special player in the middle for us imo- with Buendia as his rotation.  UTV

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â