Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Albert Guðmundsson from Genoa could be a good shout 🤔 

Being charged for rape in Iceland. He’s either staying or going to Saudi Arabia.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, bose said:

Being charged for rape in Iceland. He’s either staying or going to Saudi Arabia.

That’s the end of that one!

Didn’t know they had Iceland in Italy. 🥁 

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 3

Just now, zak said:

Can most of us agree that:

1. The squad depth is better than last year!

2. The first team is weaker than last year from an individual player point of view

3. Our first team as a whole still could be stronger as the new players have been selected by Monchi and Unai to fit Unai's system.

4.We are not finished yet, and we hope the squad will be stronger individually but either way we trust our team will fit better for Unai's vision.

Amen.

5 minutes ago, zak said:

2. The first team is weaker than last year from an individual player point of view

3. Our first team as a whole still could be stronger as the new players have been selected by Monchi and Unai to fit Unai's system.

4.We are not finished yet, and we hope the squad will be stronger individually but either way we trust our team will fit better for Unai's vision.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, zak said:

Yes, no, yes, yes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zak said:

Our first team is maybe marginally weaker assuming Mings isn't an upgrade over Carlos, and Onana isn't as good as Luiz (and he could improve over the summer an potentially add a couple more goals and assists to his game). Maatsen should be better down the left too. Obviously we will have downgrade on Kamara but a big upgrade over what we had without him. 

And that Rogers/Ramsey aren't going to be upgrades over what we were mostly using out wide left last year.

Edited by MotoMkali

3 minutes ago, zak said:

"The strength of the team is each individual team member. The strength of each member is the team." - Phil Jackson (The coach who taught Michael Jordan that winning in team sport meant turning the 'me' into 'we')

Unai is an incredible coach. What he's done for us in the time he's been here speaks volumes.

While I expect it will be a degree of difficult beyond my understanding for us to finish 4th or above this season to come, and equally to make serious waves in the UCL, I also expect our coach and those who've employed him to understand this.

We have astute business men above Unai, and we have astute decision makers above Unai also.

It's not ride or die this coming season.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

"The strength of the team is each individual team member. The strength of each member is the team." - Phil Jackson (The coach who taught Michael Jordan that winning in team sport meant turning the 'me' into 'we')

Unai is an incredible coach. What he's done for us in the time he's been here speaks volumes.

While I expect it will be a degree of difficult beyond my understanding for us to finish 4th or above this season to come, and equally to make serious waves in the UCL, I also expect our coach and those who've employed him to understand this.

We have astute business men above Unai, and we have astute decision makers above Unai also.

It's not ride or die this coming season.

Phil Jackson was mostly an ego manager for the bulls and lakers (also he was like actually crazy). Tex Winter was the XOs guy. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Phil Jackson was mostly an ego manager for the bulls and lakers (also he was like actually crazy). Tex Winter was the XOs guy. 

They called him a hippie because he had some unorthodox manners and ways about him.

The man is a genius of the game. No two ways about it.

Tactics, man-management, championships, winning-mentality, media maneuverer, team bonding and comradery. Just about all of it. 

P.s let's keep it Villa if we are debating. I didn't bring in a basketball name for any other reason other than to highlight greatness and my lack of footballing examples.

Edited by A'Villan

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Todibo off to West Ham. Surprised we didn't go for him, shame. 

Are you sure? He has said he only wants to go to Juve and holding out for them.  West Ham have had a bid accepted for him but he’s not interested.

Don’t forget as well that Pau and Carlos have now had a year of Premier League experience so they’ll be better. Likewise, Rogers is a very young player and will have improved. 

Tielemans can hit the ground running this year as well. I’m expecting big things from him with Onana next to him instead of Luiz

Posted (edited)

No idea if legit (highly unlikely so don't shoot me). Would be a shame to give them the money for Williams tho. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

If Emery wants Felix then we should all be very excited … No point looking at comparable stats etc, Emery is a genius and if he thinks Felix is the missing piece out of all the players available then we need to make it happens 

The slander Felix gets on here is unreal...  Just because he had one bad loan spell at the clown car circus that is Chelsea doesn't mean he's a bad player...

• His breakthrough season at Benfica was incredible.  He looked like he was going to be the next best player in the world in the vein of Messi/Ronaldo with the right coaching and was 2nd across Europe's 7 best leagues for Goals/Assists behind Kai Havertz and Jadon Sancho.
  • He was the youngest player to ever score a hat trick in the Europa League in his breakthrough season at Benfica.
  • His transfer to Atletico after just that one season at Benfica was for £113m, more than Man City paid us for Grealish, and he signed a SEVEN year contract.
  • Won the Golden Boy for the best player in Europe under 21 in his first season at Atletico
  • He struggled a lot of with injuries and found it difficult to fit into Simeone's tactical style, but still made 31 appearances in his second season when Atlectico won the La Liga title for the first time in seven years
  • His third season at Atletico was arguably his best where he became a full time starter and won the supporter's Player of the Season award.  On the other hand, this was the season where his fallout with Simeone became pretty bad and rumors about him leaving the club in January or at the end of the season ramped up.

Emery could make him into one of the best players in Europe again.  Emery even admitted that we tried to sign him on loan in the presser before the Chelsea game that season he was there on loan, so it's obvious that he is an admirer of his.  Some of the takes on here regarding Felix are lazy... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â