Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, vazquez said:

Just my thoughts: I think he is great in tackling, but not so good in positioning or like you said going forward / supporting the build up, so might not be ideal for Emery ball. I'd rather someone like Benjamin Henrichs, great with both feet and great footballing brain. He is already 27 so preferably younger version of him. At the same time I'm quite hopeful in trio of Cash, Kosta and KHH.

I think Wan Bissaka would be a much better signing then most on here seem to think. For a start if we had him as our 'defensive' right back, then he would allow Konsa to play in his strongest position and not have to shift across if Cash isn;'t available. Yes, Wan Bissaka wouldn't add to the attack, but most people seem to think our best 11 last season was with a defensive right back anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Depth is better first team IMO is not. We haven't replaced Dougie

We have (or will have) replaced Dougie. Its just not like for like. Which I'm sure was the intention.
We've added more physicality. This is something we had to do in that position.

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I think Wan Bissaka would be a much better signing then most on here seem to think. For a start if we had him as our 'defensive' right back, then he would allow Konsa to play in his strongest position and not have to shift across if Cash isn;'t available. Yes, Wan Bissaka wouldn't add to the attack, but most people seem to think our best 11 last season was with a defensive right back anyway.

He is a slam dunk if the right back isn't going to invert into midfield and will remain a defensive right back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

We have (or will have) replaced Dougie. Its just not like for like. Which I'm sure was the intention.

Not as of right now, we have lost a lot of passing ability, technical ability, our corner taker, pen taker and a fair amount of free kicks too.

Yes the players that have come in are better at some things such as physicality like you say but we are missing an 8 for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

People forget Emery didn't buy Luiz, he inherited him and made the most out of his abilities whilst he was here.  Onana is likely replacing Luiz in the team, just not as you say like for like, but may be closer to what Emery actually wants from a midfielder.  

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Not as of right now, we have lost a lot of passing ability, technical ability, our corner taker, pen taker and a fair amount of free kicks too.

Yes the players that have come in are better at some things such as physicality like you say but we are missing an 8 for sure.

If we concede less, we'll win more points. Tielemans, Barkley, Barrenechea, Onana etc (and I think there's more to come) are all very capable or excellent passers of the ball. We wont suffer there.
We'll also have more threat from the left, and there's more mobility in the squad in general so we wont depend on the centre as much. We'll also have Buendia and Ramsey back to add attacking threat.
Yes, we need to find somebody to take set pieces.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

People forget Emery didn't buy Luiz, he inherited him and made the most out of his abilities whilst he was here.  Onana is likely replacing Luiz in the team, just not as you say like for like, but may be closer to what Emery actually wants from a midfielder.  

Without going all Purslow 3-for-1, it was obvious that we had a big quality gap in midfield and as good as Dougie was, I don’t think Unai intended for him to be in the top 3 for minutes. It was sheer necessity. We add quality and guile and strength to our midfield now that improves the squad and the XI in Onana. It will be another long season and the additions will help with rotation. It’s less about positions or even about the best XI, it’s what works best for Unai’s tactics. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's not what was said about a bigger club. The poster you replied to hadn't said that, in fact nobody has said he won't join us because Bilbao are a bigger club. That's not anybody's opinion as to why he won't join

Suggest you read some of the posts then brother. That’s exactly what was said lol

2 hours ago, Biskitt said:

Ademola Lookman would definitely be worth a look for me if Diaby goes. 26, one year left on his deal, knows the Premier League and is born in London. 

Has been playing as a second striker a lot more for Atalanta and was excellent last season. Quick, skilful and very versatile as well. 

Screenshot_20240717_114122_Chrome.jpg

If the club end up looking for a direct replacement for Diaby's position that's a great shout.

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

He's an absolute joker, i saw him on Sky Sports after we had qualified for the UCL, his recommended signing for us:

Ethan Ampadu 🤣

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Probably going to West Ham, being linked.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's not what was said about a bigger club. The poster you replied to hadn't said that, in fact nobody has said he won't join us because Bilbao are a bigger club. That's not anybody's opinion as to why he won't join

The reply wasn’t to Bilbao. I realise  there’s this so called Bilbao attraction by Basque players and that they hold onto their players like a baby’s first tooth not my point. The point (which was even discussed by myself and said poster) was something totally different. Not sure what you’re on about.

We need that midfield general, a creative. Maybe its Tielemans? Dougie had the passing ability without the killer pass (or assists). I would suggest they will target some one (Baena/Felix?) who can act as the midfield conduit with a high assist ability as a foil for Onana's industry.

I have a feeling there are two or three biggish signings to come. Twitter is full of Nico Williams to us, maybe there is something in it?

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We need that midfield general, a creative. Maybe its Tielemans? Dougie had the passing ability without the killer pass (or assists). I would suggest they will target some one (Baena/Felix?) who can act as the midfield conduit with a high assist ability as a foil for Onana's industry.

I have a feeling there are two or three biggish signings to come. Twitter is full of Nico Williams to us, maybe there is something in it?

Arda Guler on Loan

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Depth is better first team IMO is not. We haven't replaced Dougie

Agree Luiz is a big loss. But as it stands, I don't think there's much, if any, real drop off in the "first XI" though I'd argue its hard to talk about a first XI when we'll see a lot more squad use next season, which is why depth being improved is massive for us, as the lack of it last season was probably a major factor in our late season drop off. We had 15 players hit over 1,000 minutes in the league last season. I think that figure could be more like 18-20 this season.

If we could replace Diaby and Duran with Soule and Beier, and probably have money left afterwards, I think this would be ok.

I still think it would be great if we could sign another quality CB if we can offload Diego Carlos.

5 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m of the opinion that if/when Diaby and Duran leave, we will sign one player to “replace” them. They’ll need to play both as a 10 and a striker.

I think Joao Felix is the perfect profile for that. Any other suggestions?

Albert Guðmundsson from Genoa could be a good shout 🤔 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â