Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

37 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Ademola Lookmans fbref for the stats nerds as well look pretty tasty.

Screenshot_20240717_114902_Chrome.jpg

I suggested him in this thread, before he destroyed Leverkusen in the Europa mind you so his value has probably went up.  He'd be perfect support striker for Ollie.

• Like 1

If Emery wants Felix then we should all be very excited … No point looking at comparable stats etc, Emery is a genius and if he thinks Felix is the missing piece out of all the players available then we need to make it happens 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91hh096o3cwixqd0q13l

I’d ignore that, Total_Villa is a terrible aggregator, they will post total rumours or re-post rumours from weeks ago and pass them off as new. They recently posted about the Summerville link (which the journalist posted two weeks ago). He also deliberately took quotes from Emi’s agent out of context a week apart to make it look like he wanted to leave. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

Not the question brother. Was re: bigger club. 
was a question what constitutes a bigger club at present if pointed out in the questions I asked in the message previously. 

yes he rejected us before but also prior to us achieving CL quals and obviously a clearer view of our project. 
wasn’t a dig just wanted a view on why people are thinking we are no chance of attracting such players? 

think we’re any less of an attractive proposition than Red Bull? Seen the talents they attract, offer less money, inferior facilities because we sure as hell have more heritage, better supporters and currently a better coaching team. 

Barcelona has and always will have that pull for many players especially the Spanish based ones. The player is basque same as our coach so I personally don’t understand how it’s such an outlandish and ridiculous thought of him coming here as some posters have said “not a chance” “ who are we kidding “ etc. 

That's not what was said about a bigger club. The poster you replied to hadn't said that, in fact nobody has said he won't join us because Bilbao are a bigger club. That's not anybody's opinion as to why he won't join

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who is Critchley and why is opinion important? 
He’s missed transfers, then on buying he’s gone for the higher values and selling lower, all to fit his narrative we haven’t spent well. 

I’d agree overall that we haven’t improved the first team although Maatsen at lb will improve is there. Even when we sign Onana I think we miss a passer in midfield for what Dougie did. But I think we’ll alter the shape a bit and will still sign more creativity. 
Squad depth has improved now though which was important. 
By the end of the window I trust Unai to make us even better.

He's an absolute joker, i saw him on Sky Sports after we had qualified for the UCL, his recommended signing for us:

Ethan Ampadu 🤣

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Do you agree we haven't improved ourselves this transfer window?

What about Kellyman?

We also have no idea who else we are selling or buying so a bit pointless.

Do this last week and you take out Onana, will look different again next week.

Also, we have 3 or 4 players available next season who barely kicked a ball last season. That's important.

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If Emery wants Felix then we should all be very excited … No point looking at comparable stats etc, Emery is a genius and if he thinks Felix is the missing piece out of all the players available then we need to make it happens 

Obviously will back him if he comes, but has the whiff of a Zaniolo type for me - has talent & skill, but without the drive/application to make it consistent.. And even Unai couldn't get him firing.

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Obviously will back him if he comes, but has the whiff of a Zaniolo type for me - has talent & skill, but without the drive/application to make it consistent.. And even Unai couldn't get him firing.

Zaniolo was a last minute replacement for a buendia and I reckon more of a Monchi suggestion but get the point. All signings are a risk and I back Emery to get a time out of him  

1) Archer cost less than that 

2) Kellyman

3) Diaby will go for about 60 mil pounds if we do sell him. 

I don't think our first XI is better that is true but our depth is much much better. We will inevitably have injuries and our ability to weather them now is much better. 

We still need an answer about RB/RCB depending on how we wish to play Konsa imo. 

And then ideally I'd like another Tielemans lite CM but I guess that's going to be Barkley. And probably one more forward if diaby + Duran goes. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s very daft. We’re a lot stronger as a squad and we’ve managed to achieve that whilst also allaying any PSR concerns.

AND.

We’re clearly now working on the 2/3 proper, quality first XI additions. Onana, Felix maybe and I fully expect another centre half/right back on top of that.

Id also expect Cash, Moreno, Digne, Duran, Diaby, Dendoncker, Carlos to potentially leave.

We’re carrying out a massive overhaul whilst solving our financial problems AND improving. 

Tweet is ridiculous. 

They’ll see.

We are also much younger. All the players we have signed are 23 or under except for Barkley who may as well have been a freebie. So not only are we a stronger squad for next year we should expect to progress onwards even with lesser investment in future seasons and/or we can invest in fewer positions in future seasons. 

Emery has been keen on Felix for 18 months now, same as Williams. So I trust him if he's that keen on a player. I think Emery would get best out of him in our system with him as the supporting striker 

• Like 1

Depth is better first team IMO is not. We haven't replaced Dougie

• Like 3

Emery has worked under/with a DoF his entire career, it's the non English way. He's not the one who sign players or scouts players. He works very closely with the ones who does but he's not some wheeler dealer Sam Allardyce figure. Those don't exist anymore and hasn't in Europe for quite some time.

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Like I said, would love both, wouldn't swap.
NWLB.PNG.941e47fab97dd0484f4c1639ac0c7099.PNG

Who is the player on the left? 

Oh nico williams

The one on the right is Bailey, but the one on the left isn't diaby, Rogers, Ramsey or mcginn. 

Edited by MotoMkali

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Who is the player on the left? 

Oh nico williams

The one on the right is Bailey, but the one on the left isn't diaby, Rogers, Ramsey or mcginn. 

Left: Nico Williams. Right: Leon Bailey.

I'd do a loan to buy of jadon sancho if he was willing. He was really good in the bundesliga again, and his underlying numbers for united are pretty good too. 

Obviously he needs to mature though. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â