Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Jao Felix would be a risky signing and could end up like Coutinho where we are saddled with huge wages. 

Just not sure his head could accept a new start at Villa. 

I don’t think he’s got much re-sell value either. A loan wouldn’t be satisfactory either. 

I am not saying it won’t happen, I just anticipate that we will look at younger players with higher ceilings. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

There’s still no actual links to Felix yet. I think we will find names under the radar. 

Better? 

radar.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think he’s got much re-sell value either. A loan wouldn’t be satisfactory either. 

I am not saying it won’t happen, I just anticipate that we will look at younger players with higher ceilings. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Comparing Felix to the Coutinho signing is the most laziest opinion in Villatalk and Villatwitter right now. Scaremongering other villa sheep fans.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Play mostly on different wings but Bailey is a much better player all around at the moment

And you had the audacity to ridicule my opinion on Luiz posting that above.  Either you’re trolling or know **** all about football. 😂

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m of the opinion that if/when Diaby and Duran leave, we will sign one player to “replace” them. They’ll need to play both as a 10 and a striker.

I think Joao Felix is the perfect profile for that. Any other suggestions?

Completely agree on the thought that we'll sell 2 and bring in 1. For me the 1 would be a pure striker as I may be alone in this but my worry with our attacking options is that we don't have too many who I'd consider to be known for great finishers (Tielemans as an exception). Ollie as good as he is, misses quite a few chances. We've got multiple players who can play the second striker role but we need a viable striking alternative if Ollie is injured (other than Archer presuming he stays for HG reasons) or where coming up against a low block and need that poacher type.

CarryOn may see many as "DOBs" and not all of these are great finishers but where they're not, they're experienced strikers who are in tricky parts of their career where a move to us may appeal. They'll also offer some striking depth for not huge wages  -  Tammy, Gabriel Jesus, Goncalo Ramos (loan), En-Nesyri, Icardi, Ben Yedder, Muriqi, Lacazette (love this guy but unrealistic), Firmino etc. 

It'll also be interesting to see if Rory Wilson gets included in the first team setup more of if he will leave us a la Carney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m of the opinion that if/when Diaby and Duran leave, we will sign one player to “replace” them. They’ll need to play both as a 10 and a striker.

I think Joao Felix is the perfect profile for that. Any other suggestions?

So you’ve seen me play then.

9 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Ademola Lookmans fbref for the stats nerds as well look pretty tasty.

Screenshot_20240717_114902_Chrome.jpg

Poor in the air. Pass

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Not that I think we are interested but  Wan-Bissaka been left behind by United  , 1 year left on his deal and only 26 

an upgrade on Cash and plenty of Prem and CL experience  

Suggested Wan-Bissaka ages ago. Not great going forward but very good defensively and shouldn’t cost the earth with his contract running down. Would solidify Villa’s defence even further.

• Like 1

This may have been mentioned already.

However, apparently one of Emerys' trademarks throughout the more successful parts.of his career, has been signing players which initially raise eyebrows and turning them into " world beaters " in his systems.

Older players, out of form players, players some may have given up on etc.

This comes from people who have followed him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Suggested Wan-Bissaka ages ago. Not great going forward but very good defensively and shouldn’t cost the earth with his contract running down. Would solidify Villa’s defence even further.

Just my thoughts: I think he is great in tackling, but not so good in positioning or like you said going forward / supporting the build up, so might not be ideal for Emery ball. I'd rather someone like Benjamin Henrichs, great with both feet and great footballing brain. He is already 27 so preferably younger version of him. At the same time I'm quite hopeful in trio of Cash, Kosta and KHH.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â