Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Because he's rejected us already and is now one of the hottest property players in the world. He has big wages and constantly, *constantly* says he isn't leaving Bilbao.

His older brother has constantly done the same and remains at Bilbao. Maybe he joins his best mate Lamine Yamal at Barca, but everything he's said and done says "I'm not leaving Bilbao for Aston Villa".

Yes, our position has improved since then, but Nico's standing has improved even quicker in the time since he already rejected us

Not the question brother. Was re: bigger club. 
was a question what constitutes a bigger club at present if pointed out in the questions I asked in the message previously. 

yes he rejected us before but also prior to us achieving CL quals and obviously a clearer view of our project. 
wasn’t a dig just wanted a view on why people are thinking we are no chance of attracting such players? 

think we’re any less of an attractive proposition than Red Bull? Seen the talents they attract, offer less money, inferior facilities because we sure as hell have more heritage, better supporters and currently a better coaching team. 

Barcelona has and always will have that pull for many players especially the Spanish based ones. The player is basque same as our coach so I personally don’t understand how it’s such an outlandish and ridiculous thought of him coming here as some posters have said “not a chance” “ who are we kidding “ etc. 

Edited by CroVillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bose said:

His profile has risen after the Euros, I just think he’ll have offers from traditionally “bigger” clubs. 

Ok fair enough bro. I beg to differ. I personally think we’d have more pull than the traditionally bigger clubs like Man Utd, Ac Milan and some others in certain situations.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Yeah... that's not great. I'd honestly rather stick with Diaby and see how he fares in his second season rather than sign another player trying to get their career back on track - although I appreciate the Diaby sale may not be totally our decision if he wants to go to Saudi.

I feel our position as a club at this moment in time means we shouldn't need to take punts on "damaged" players trying to reinvent themselves after stagnating for a number of years and should either be signing players at their peak or those with high ceilings (e.g. Onana, Maatsen, Barrenechea, Illing-Junior etc.)

How many times have clubs, including ours, been burned by that type of signing?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went for a name like Soule, Baena, or Beier. All young with high potential and re-sell values.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Kamara and Tielemans negotiated high wages bacause they came on a free.

Yeah true I understand this but if you want a player, free or not free and you think he shifts the needle then we’re hardly blowing our wage structure by offering the boy an extra 50k a week true? It all comes with playing at the highest level. 

41 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m of the opinion that if/when Diaby and Duran leave, we will sign one player to “replace” them. They’ll need to play both as a 10 and a striker.

I think Joao Felix is the perfect profile for that. Any other suggestions?

We all love a signing, but I think we are better run than us needing to replace people when we sell them.

I absolutely believe that we knew Dougie was going last summer, and that Tielemans was his replacement

Would you not think that we've already got in Rogers, who has progressed brilliantly, and that he is the #10 and striker in waiting?

Just now, Pez1974 said:

We all love a signing, but I think we are better run than us needing to replace people when we sell them.

I absolutely believe that we knew Dougie was going last summer, and that Tielemans was his replacement

Would you not think that we've already got in Rogers, who has progressed brilliantly, and that he is the #10 and striker in waiting?

I think that there is absolutely zero chance that we would sell both Duran and Diaby and not bring anyone else for the attacking position.

• Like 2

Jao Felix would be a risky signing and could end up like Coutinho where we are saddled with huge wages. 

Just not sure his head could accept a new start at Villa. 

• Like 3

No updates on Duran? That’s gone quiet, apparently we’ve already  rejected a few bids from West Ham and they were going to negotiate again this week. They’ve just agreed a deal for Todibo.

Plenty we are crossing off the list 😆

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

No updates on Duran? That’s gone quiet, apparently we’ve already  rejected a few bids from West Ham and they were going to negotiate again this week. They’ve just agreed a deal for Todibo.

Plenty we are crossing off the list 😆

Juve will sort that one out, I am fairly sure.

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Jao Felix would be a risky signing and could end up like Coutinho where we are saddled with huge wages. 

Just not sure his head could accept a new start at Villa. 

I mean you could say that about any signing on big wages really. Felix is still only 24.

It would be far more concerning if it was Gerrard wanting to sign Felix (or anyone for that matter), but if Emery wants him he obviously thinks he can get a tune out of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Juve will sort that one out, I am fairly sure.

Yeah, he’s keen on them so probably where he ends up.

They’re gonna be a problem in CL…

Hoping we can be too.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I mean you could say that about any signing on big wages really. Felix is still only 24.

It would be far more concerning if it was Gerrard wanting to sign Felix (or anyone for that matter), but if Emery wants him he obviously thinks he can get a tune out of him. 

This.

Never been so sure that IF a player signs, it's because Emery and his staff are 100% on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This.

Never been so sure that IF a player signs, it's because Emery and his staff are 100% on him.

It's weird after over a decade of trauma, but I really don't worry about anything anymore because quite simply....

In Unai I trust...

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

The Coutinho comparison  is the laziest one I can think of… along with all the other made up stuff.

Ultimately, if Unai actually wants him then we shouldn’t have too many doubts or concerns. If he believes he can get the best out of him, it will happen. He’s done more with less…

Otherwise, we won’t target him and will go for someone else. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â