Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

43 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we missed a trick with Pavlidis as he would have been great with or without Watkins playing.

Weren’t we linked with a random Russian forward recently, forget his name. Remember he had decent stats though

Pavlidis is another I don't rate. He has good movement, but that's it. His finishing isn't quite clinical enough, hie pace and strength are average. The prem is above his level. Most strikers that come to the premier league do well to be 10 goal a season strikers. It's rare we see 24 year old and above strikers that don't post spectacular numbers abroad be capable of scoring double figures in the prem.

You have to get them when they're big stars already, or when they have huge potential and are still under 23 and develop them over 2 or 3 seasons.

The drop off from Watkins to Duran is quite small. Duran is good for 12 to 15 goals in a season right now. He lacks refinement, and his movement needs improving, but his workrate, aggression, pace, power, ball striking are all very good. Defender hate to play against strikers like him. He is easily better than Pavlidis and David.

We should be looking for at least as good as Duran.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

I’d take what a footballer says with a grain of salt, even though it’s Athletic Bilbao. He’s out of our league for now at least, but wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Barca.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bose said:

I’d take what a footballer says with a grain of salt, even though it’s Athletic Bilbao. He’s out of our league for now at least, but wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Barca.

Why would you say he’s out of our league brother? Just wondering?

people keep saying that. We have champions league, amazing project, money and the best coaching and recruitment team in the business. I’m just curious why some think he’s out of our league? 

18 minutes ago, bose said:

President is saying he is staying not the player. I think he will stay a last season playing with his brother as they qualified for Europe

20 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

people keep saying that. We have champions league, amazing project, money and the best coaching and recruitment team in the business. I’m just curious why some think he’s out of our league? 

His profile has risen after the Euros, I just think he’ll have offers from traditionally “bigger” clubs. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

President is saying he is staying not the player. I think he will stay a last season playing with his brother as they qualified for Europe

That’s even less weight then. We’ll see what happens

49 minutes ago, nick76 said:

These guys have top personal accountants, I doubt any of them are paying anywhere near standard income tax rates.  It’s why so many top players have been charged with tax offences in Spain because some of the accountants push the tax structure too far but even conservative accountants will be able to reduce the tax way below the tax rates.  The key for them would be understanding what tax rules they could use to their advantage because on the surface Spain tax may look higher but the rules may allow them to offset more to reduce their taxable income.

Completely agree and I think there's some regional deviations similar to how the US has state by state income tax levels. Seem to recall Madrid being more favorable than Catalonia but as you say, the accountants would be able to offset any minor differences. The one area where the PL supposedly really helps is that it's appeal means players can build their global profile more and can command larger endorsement deals. 

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

What a peoples thoughts on Beskitas Semih Kilicsoy  exciting talent ?

Always difficult to tell with players coming from Turkish league but I’ve watched everything I can find on him and  he looks like a very interesting talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

What a peoples thoughts on Beskitas Semih Kilicsoy  exciting talent ?

I would very much like to sign him please.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Because he's rejected us already and is now one of the hottest property players in the world. He has big wages and constantly, *constantly* says he isn't leaving Bilbao.

His older brother has constantly done the same and remains at Bilbao. Maybe he joins his best mate Lamine Yamal at Barca, but everything he's said and done says "I'm not leaving Bilbao for Aston Villa".

Yes, our position has improved since then, but Nico's standing has improved even quicker in the time since he already rejected us

52 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

We can't afford his wages for one!

With Diaby leaving this team is gagging for Grealish IMO. 

Homegrown, knows the club inside out, extensive UCL experience and fills the left and 10 roles perfectly.

£40m should do ot

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â