Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Guys I'm sorry but we aren't signing Nico Williams.

15m per year is supposedly his current wages, We aren't going to pay that and we aren't going to pay more than that.
Yes we could afford the fee.
As for him choosing us even if you ignore the above...... Why would he? He WILL get better offers, he probably wants to play for Barca or Real

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Why would he? He WILL get better offers, he probably wants to play for Barca or Real

He said he doesn't want to leave, that he's just signed a new deal, and we've heard mentioned numerous times as long as he's been linked that AB is not your ordinary club and that they retain a lot of their players

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He said he doesn't want to leave, that he's just signed a new deal, and we've heard mentioned numerous times as long as he's been linked that AB is not your ordinary club and that they retain a lot of their players

He signed a new deal because his contract was expiring and he wanted bilbao to get a fee. He will leave eventually.

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Guys I'm sorry but we aren't signing Nico Williams.

15m per year is supposedly his current wages, We aren't going to pay that and we aren't going to pay more than that.
Yes we could afford the fee.
As for him choosing us even if you ignore the above...... Why would he? He WILL get better offers, he probably wants to play for Barca or Real

Pfffft, we are the club that can afford Digne wages! £15m a year is basically back of the sofa change 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Don't the Spanish have effectively a special footballer tax which is higher than ours?

Yes but Bilbao also pay huge salaries because of the transfer restrictions they have

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I don't rate him. I think he'd flop big time in the prem. 

David is poor technically, might do a job at Palace/West Ham and get 8 goals a season but not good enough for a European team

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You wouldn’t swap Bailey for Williams?

Play mostly on different wings but Bailey is a much better player all around at the moment

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is Johan Bakayoko still at PSV? I mentioned him last summer and while he wasn't amazing for Belgium this summer it could be a good move getting him in with Youri and Onana.

He's probably where Doku was 2-3 years ago.

Yes he is but not for much longer I would say. I’ve been mentioning him on he for well over a year as I think he’d be great for us. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but Bilbao also pay huge salaries because of the transfer restrictions they have

yeah i get that but what i meant was we could pay him less gross but more nett

his trajectory in spain might be €300k a week but if they pay 10% more tax and then you convert it he's getting closer to £200k a week for us which would still be a lot but maybe not structure busting

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

David is poor technically, might do a job at Palace/West Ham and get 8 goals a season but not good enough for a European team

Agreed - we saw what he was like when we played him twice. Surprised he's still being suggested.

300k a week players is ultimately where we want to end up but and it’s a big but, are we ready for a 200k, 250k or higher player. 

Would love it to be true but not sure we are. We’re probably 4-5 years off this. 

He would change us overnight though and we’d be definite challengers for the league with him here. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Agreed - we saw what he was like when we played him twice. Surprised he's still being suggested.

I think we missed a trick with Pavlidis as he would have been great with or without Watkins playing.

Weren’t we linked with a random Russian forward recently, forget his name. Remember he had decent stats though

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we missed a trick with Pavlidis as he would have been great with or without Watkins playing.

Weren’t we linked with a random Russian forward recently, forget his name. Remember he had decent stats though

No russians, please.

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

Tsygankov from Ukraine was linked from Girona bit think he might be more of a wide player/number 10

21 minutes ago, burchy said:

We did. But i dont think we could sign a 4th striker while we have duran and archer here. One or both would have to go to accommodate that. I think duran may be sold late on in the window

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I also think his pace isn't as electric as made out. He isn't particularly strong and our defence easily bullied him out of the game, which isn't something we saw very often last season. His movement isn't particularly Impressive. His goals record in France is good, but not top striker numbers. He doesn't have the touch or dribbling abilty to go past players. And he isn't so young anymore, where there is room for lots of improvements.

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i get that but what i meant was we could pay him less gross but more nett

his trajectory in spain might be €300k a week but if they pay 10% more tax and then you convert it he's getting closer to £200k a week for us which would still be a lot but maybe not structure busting

These guys have top personal accountants, I doubt any of them are paying anywhere near standard income tax rates.  It’s why so many top players have been charged with tax offences in Spain because some of the accountants push the tax structure too far but even conservative accountants will be able to reduce the tax way below the tax rates.  The key for them would be understanding what tax rules they could use to their advantage because on the surface Spain tax may look higher but the rules may allow them to offset more to reduce their taxable income.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â