Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I don’t know if anyone has suggested it yet, but that Nico Williams would be a good signing. If only he wasn’t going to cost in excess of €100m and the entire footballing elite weren’t interested in the guy who has pretty much said he never wants to leave Bilbao… 

Isn’t his release clause £49m ?

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I don’t know if anyone has suggested it yet, but that Nico Williams would be a good signing. If only he wasn’t going to cost in excess of €100m and the entire footballing elite weren’t interested in the guy who has pretty much said he never wants to leave Bilbao… 

Think it’s a bit like buying a lottery ticket. Best part is the little dreams you have that you might win. 

I’d give us slightly better odds than 14 million to one but not much. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Isn’t his release clause £49m ?

No idea. I thought there was release clause stuff last year which needed to be met before it expired… either way, it ain’t happening. 

Quite like the look of Riccardo Pepi at PSV, USA international, 21, strong, technical, good hold up play and finisher.

Would be a cheap pick up and get us some kudos with the US market. 

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa82 said:

But let's say we actually buy him, which formation should we play then. Almost has to be 433, with Williams, Watkins and Bailey at the top. With Onana, Tielemans and McGinn in the middle, but what about Rodgers, Ramsey, they don't fit in.

That's a damn sexy front 3!!  Would immediately elevate us to serious contenders.  And that's the point right? Sign players who are better than the first team and the displaced players make the bench stronger?

49 minutes ago, villa82 said:

In defense there is no room for such an offensive back as Maatsen, while Digne fits in well.

In all seriousness I agree, it doesn't look like we're veering away from the 4222, with Maatsen signing.  But we could potentially play the flip of that system with Williams on the left of Watkins, instead of Bailey high right, but we'd need a good LB/LCB hybrid and a quality attacking right wingback.

Who knows? That might be Hermoso (if he signs) and Nedelkovic?

51 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Think it’s a bit like buying a lottery ticket. Best part is the little dreams you have that you might win. 

I’d give us slightly better odds than 14 million to one but not much. 

never_tell_me_the_odds_by_clarkarts24_da0pbec-375w-2x.jpg.5d3181748f40db120221cd3b9cf5918e.jpg

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

No idea. I thought there was release clause stuff last year which needed to be met before it expired… either way, it ain’t happening. 

They wanted €80m last year and was part of the reason why we couldn’t make an offer as they wouldn’t reduce it.

He signed a new contract and the release clause was inserted.

You may be right, but it’s not out of reach.

2 hours ago, beasley14 said:

Concerning Laporte says soon there will be news that reduces the financial issues at the club.  Doesn't sound within the rules to me 

Whilst we could sign Williams financially, he seems like a player who will stay in Spain.

Barca being the idiots they are will want a big name signing this summer (Williams or Olmo). There has to be some outgoings to offset that so just a thought... they signed Vitor Roque and haven't really utilised him as much as they could/should have and given they need money, I think we could try and pinch him. Would cost similar to Duran, a bit younger and arguably a higher ceiling.

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Oh yes he is

I'd love him at Villa but he's not above our level. Nor would I swap Bailey for him for instance, who plays for us.

Just now, Mazrim said:

I'd love him at Villa but he's not above our level. Nor would I swap Bailey for him for instance, who plays for us.

You wouldn’t swap Bailey for Williams?

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think he's an elite level player from seeing him in the Euros. I give it a 2% chance of happening.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Quite like the look of Riccardo Pepi at PSV, USA international, 21, strong, technical, good hold up play and finisher.

Would be a cheap pick up and get us some kudos with the US market. 

Is Johan Bakayoko still at PSV? I mentioned him last summer and while he wasn't amazing for Belgium this summer it could be a good move getting him in with Youri and Onana.

He's probably where Doku was 2-3 years ago.

36 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He was one of the best players at the Euros and has just come off a brilliant season in la liga and the cup. When we were linked to him last summer he was still a bit unknown quantity as it was only after his first full season as a regular starter, but he’s clearly had a breakout year and is well on his way to becoming an elite player, if he isn’t considered that already after his performances at the Euros. His next move will probably be to Barca if they get their FFP sorted, otherwise one of the other big boys will swoop in for him from under their noses.

If Barca need to sell a forward to fund Williams then perhaps we could move for Ferran Torres (just a suggestion as we were heavily linked to him last year) who is perhaps now on our level now we have CL 

Edited by david-avfc

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â