Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If anyone could convince Nico, it's Unai.

He couldn't convince him last summer. Williams will end up at Barca or Real eventually. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He couldn't convince him last summer. Williams will end up at Barca or Real eventually. 

Last summer we weren't preparing for a Champions League campaign. Huge difference.

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

Yeah essentially we play a 42211 with the 1 behind watkins a wide right or wide left player but not both and usually it's Bailey wide right.

so 

------------------------watkins----

--‐------------‐-------------------------------Bailey

------Ramsey/Morgan-------mcginn------

----------onana------‐-kamara/tielemens---

That said Emery is a genius and I suspect has more than one formation I mind with players he's now brought in.

Emerys preferred formation is also a 4-1-4-1, he has said we aren't good enough to play that formation yet, but perhaps this year we will be. If so we probably need another CM/CAM who can do more defensive work than diaby.

Personally a big fan of lo celso for someone who might be had for fairly cheap. 

7 hours ago, pete101 said:

Hope people don't get too negative if the club decided that the Diaby money is kept to give us a bit of room to breathe and we don't need anymore replacements for him, considering illing jr and Philogene can both play similar roles

There is no such thing as 'the money' as in 60 in 60 out.

If he is sold it will be for the PSR profit IF he was signed for 35m and is sold for 60 then it is a 32m PSR profit as he has amortised for a year. So we gain 32m PSR profit for the 3 year accounts, we don't have to amortise 7m a year and we don't have to pay whatever his wages are.
The owners have always spent the maximum, real money under NSWE has been pretty immaterial.

If Duran and Diaby are going, I'd only replace Duran, the squad is too big and we are mega stacked in those wing/forward positions.

I still maintain we need a player who can play that close role to Watkins that Emery plays but who can also step in for when Watkins isn't playing. That player is Jonathan David for me.

Edited by paul514

Nico Williams is on £300,000 pw.

We would be over doubling our pay structure to even start to get round the table with him. 

That’s before we even attempt to actually convince arguably the current best wide attacker in world football to move to Aston. 

Get real. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

spacer.png

Concerning Laporte says soon there will be news that reduces the financial issues at the club.  Doesn't sound within the rules to me 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If Duran and Diaby are going, I'd only replace Diaby, the squad is too big and we are mega stacked in those wing/forward positions.

I still maintain we need a player who can play that close role to Watkins that Emery plays but who can also step in for when Watkins isn't playing. That player is Jonathan David for me.

David was touted as a £30m player which is still top much imo and the transfer links to him have gone very quiet, wouldn't be surprised if west ham go for him if they fail with Duran

I don't think we can feed him, he won't get enough minutes for us as Ollie's back up

We should be looking for someone of the exact same profile as Duran just a bit more mature and with a better agent (!) not sure who that is beyond adeyemi and moukoko at Dortmund, wahi at lens (but I'm sure someone said before he's got an even worse character) kilicsoy who I think we were linked with last week, konate etc etc 

I'd like another gem of a prospect and a bot of monchi magic 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

David was touted as a £30m player which is still top much imo and the transfer links to him have gone very quiet, wouldn't be surprised if west ham go for him if they fail with Duran

I don't think we can feed him, he won't get enough minutes for us as Ollie's back up

We should be looking for someone of the exact same profile as Duran just a bit more mature and with a better agent (!) not sure who that is beyond adeyemi and moukoko at Dortmund, wahi at lens (but I'm sure someone said before he's got an even worse character) kilicsoy who I think we were linked with last week, konate etc etc 

I'd like another gem of a prospect and a bot of monchi magic 

David can play in all the forward roles, including the central role that emery played Diaby in last year. His fee is rumoured to be 25m and he is worth double that.

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nico Williams is on £300,000 pw.

We would be over doubling our pay structure to even start to get round the table with him. 

That’s before we even attempt to actually convince arguably the current best wide attacker in world football to move to Aston. 

Get real. 

C'mon. He's reportedly on 200,000 euro a week, not almost double today.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

C'mon. He's reportedly on 200,000 euro a week, not almost double today.

Oh, I was going by previous posts that suggested that his salary was £300k. 

Not that £200k is a small number mind you, and we still have to convince the player. 

Can't see it. Would be the signing of the decade, 

Nico Williams is a fantastic player, no doubt about it. That we should get him when everyone wants him is probably unrealistic.

But let's say we actually buy him, which formation should we play then. Almost has to be 433, with Williams, Watkins and Bailey at the top. With Onana, Tielemans and McGinn in the middle, but what about Rodgers, Ramsey, they don't fit in.

In defense there is no room for such an offensive back as Maatsen, while Digne fits in well.

Don't think we'll change formation to play with Williams, not that we can compete with Barcelona for one of the world's most sought-after players. I am happily wrong here.

I don’t know if anyone has suggested it yet, but that Nico Williams would be a good signing. If only he wasn’t going to cost in excess of €100m and the entire footballing elite weren’t interested in the guy who has pretty much said he never wants to leave Bilbao… 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â