Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

Yeah essentially we play a 42211 with the 1 behind watkins a wide right or wide left player but not both and usually it's Bailey wide right.

so 

------------------------watkins----

--‐------------‐-------------------------------Bailey

------Ramsey/Morgan-------mcginn------

----------onana------‐-kamara/tielemens---

That said Emery is a genius and I suspect has more than one formation I mind with players he's now brought in.

Yeah its more this i agree but mcginn certainly doesn’t play more forward than bailey 

1 hour ago, Jenko#4 said:

If Duran and Diaby go, I see Rogers being the Duran replacement/cover for Ollie.

We then have Ramsay + one other for the left hand side, Buendia + one other for the #10, and Bailey + Philogene for the right hand side.

That then leaves us needing a player who can play as both a #10 and a left sided attacker, ideally a ready-to-go marquee signing who is better than we have in those two positions, and as the cherry on top, a player who helps fill the Champions League homegrown list. Any thoughts? 

Duran and Diaby will raise £70m. A certain Brummie lad with a point to proves book value is now £40m I reckon, so that’s two years wages covered as well. 

I agree and we will be looking at £90M combined between diaby and duran by the looks of things so thats good to hear. I think the Grealish ship has sailed though. 

The player who you describe there sounds like erm dare i say Xavi Simons 😀

2 hours ago, VillaJay said:

Can't see both being replaced, Id imagine we'll bring a forward player like Felix and Philogene will replace Diaby, we simply don't have the space in the squad.

We're also putting 50m on Onana which needs to be accounted for too for next season.

Were getting at least £100 more coming in from player sales so we wont need to worry too much about that for now, we can buy another forward player for 35-45M if needed and be stable

Edited by RicRic

48 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like Williams is quite out of our reach though I'd love to be proved wrong. 

Bilbao seem very convinced he is staying as President was saying it midweek

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No chance let's be real.

Until he signs for someone else, I’m a believer mate.

Edited by duke313

3 hours ago, BOF said:

If we weren't replacing Diaby with a purchase then I'd absolutely agree with you. It would be very risky to rely on 2 returning injuries. But in my scenario above, I do say 'selling Diaby & Duran and bringing in 1 player'.  Hopefully the player who comes in works out, and then anything else is a bonus.

Yeah wasnt sure if you was refering to JPB on that player coming in but i do agree. If its a top quality played like gonçalves for example ill be happy

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Before everyone claims the source is rubbish…

…he called Onana before Ornstein confirmed it.

Did he not just post that after the original Times report dropped?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Personally I think Williams is overhyped.

A very good player, but overhyped.

After watching him score, in the end, I was sitting with Spanish fans I don't think I ever want to see his face again, and definitely not in a Villa shirt.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Pretty sure they broke it first. Let me see if I can find it.

Yeah try and find a link. First I heard about Onana was Ornstein tweet.

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did he not just post that after the original Times report dropped?

Ornstein tweeted at 11.45.

So yes he just repeated what was said hours earlier by a real journalist.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â