Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Wes said:

Are you keeping Archer in this scenario? If we lose both Duran and Diaby, I think they both need replacing for their respective roles in the team.

Can't see both being replaced, Id imagine we'll bring a forward player like Felix and Philogene will replace Diaby, we simply don't have the space in the squad.

We're also putting 50m on Onana which needs to be accounted for too for next season.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Yes - while i'd like to see some money spent if Duran goes on a hybrid second striker, I'd also be happy to keep some headroom so we don't have to sell a 'crown jewel' next summer like 

I've got some rather upsetting news about  Luiz 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 1

I’d assume if we let Diaby and Duran go we will bring in a utility striker who can play up front and also off/ behind Watkins.  

I’d love to see Alvarez come in but I think that’s a pipe dream. Maybe Max Beier is a good shout but is a big risk. 

19 minutes ago, Wes said:

Are you keeping Archer in this scenario? If we lose both Duran and Diaby, I think they both need replacing for their respective roles in the team.

No - can't see him playing a part. Not for where we are now. 

Alvarez (or someone like him) would be ideal I would think. Can play with ollie or instead of him. That would be the type of player I'd be interested in. 

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

I don’t understand this, Mcginn is not a forward player he plays more wide in a slightly advanced right midfield position and does not have any interference with those positions in any sense.

Watkins

Ramsey/Rogers                   Bailey

Tielemans              Mcginn

Kamara/Onana

No that's not how we lineup. 

Bailey makes it slightly different because he hugs the touchline, but if Bailey and Mcginn are playing together Bailey will usually be the RM and Mcginn will be the RAM. The role diaby often plays. Though the defensuve assignment is reversed a bit.

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No that's not how we lineup. 

Bailey makes it slightly different because he hugs the touchline, but if Bailey and Mcginn are playing together Bailey will usually be the RM and Mcginn will be the RAM. The role diaby often plays. Though the defensuve assignment is reversed a bit.

Yeah essentially we play a 42211 with the 1 behind watkins a wide right or wide left player but not both and usually it's Bailey wide right.

so 

------------------------watkins----

--‐------------‐-------------------------------Bailey

------Ramsey/Morgan-------mcginn------

----------onana------‐-kamara/tielemens---

That said Emery is a genius and I suspect has more than one formation I mind with players he's now brought in.

If Duran and Diaby go, I see Rogers being the Duran replacement/cover for Ollie.

We then have Ramsay + one other for the left hand side, Buendia + one other for the #10, and Bailey + Philogene for the right hand side.

That then leaves us needing a player who can play as both a #10 and a left sided attacker, ideally a ready-to-go marquee signing who is better than we have in those two positions, and as the cherry on top, a player who helps fill the Champions League homegrown list. Any thoughts? 

Duran and Diaby will raise £70m. A certain Brummie lad with a point to proves book value is now £40m I reckon, so that’s two years wages covered as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

If Duran and Diaby go, I see Rogers being the Duran replacement/cover for Ollie.

We then have Ramsay + one other for the left hand side, Buendia + one other for the #10, and Bailey + Philogene for the right hand side.

That then leaves us needing a player who can play as both a #10 and a left sided attacker, ideally a ready-to-go marquee signing who is better than we have in those two positions, and as the cherry on top, a player who helps fill the Champions League homegrown list. Any thoughts? 

Duran and Diaby will raise £70m. A certain Brummie lad with a point to proves book value is now £40m I reckon, so that’s two years wages covered as well. 

A certain maverick looking for redemption?

28 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Yeah essentially we play a 42211 with the 1 behind watkins a wide right or wide left player but not both and usually it's Bailey wide right.

so 

------------------------watkins----

--‐------------‐-------------------------------Bailey

------Ramsey/Morgan-------mcginn------

----------onana------‐-kamara/tielemens---

That said Emery is a genius and I suspect has more than one formation I mind with players he's now brought in.

This is what I recon

46 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Teamtalk is blacklisted, right? 

Blacklisting only applies to starting new topics. Anything goes in the Transfer Thread.

No Twitter profile is supposed to be used to start a new Player Thread, and that's also when the Blacklisted sites are then supposed to be enforced.

Though I'm not sure any of those rules are implemented nowadays, but either way, it's always been anything goes in the transfer thread.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he is after this summer

And before this summer considering he rejected us atleast once already and constantly reaffirms his happiness where he is.

Maybe he goes to Barca but he's been demonstrably out of our reach for a while

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â