Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think you mean Dani Lolmo - the guy was the most effective attacking player in the Euros, just watched by millions, including the technical directors of all the big clubs... genuinely, why would he join Villa?

This. It's pie-in-the-sky talk - same as Nico Williams. We've become more desirable but we're not at that level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Answered two pages ago. No they can't

Yeah erm you just made the same mistake as me. Not reading through all the posts before replying. 

Hope people don't get too negative if the club decided that the Diaby money is kept to give us a bit of room to breathe and we don't need anymore replacements for him, considering illing jr and Philogene can both play similar roles

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Hope people don't get too negative if the club decided that the Diaby money is kept to give us a bit of room to breathe and we don't need anymore replacements for him, considering illing jr and Philogene can both play similar roles

Personally I think the money will either go on a CB or a striker. I think we have sufficient options everywhere else (with Onana and JPB coming in).Might go back to Juve for Huijsen 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think Alvarez would be the ideal player, but I believe he has no interest

Nico Williams would be a mega coup,  but Barcelona is the destiny 

Felix fits the bill, yet I’m not excited by him 

Maximilian Beier, feels more interesting to me 

Dani Olmo, would be real fun to have.

a few unpopular outsiders that if think fit the bill.. Jarrod Bowen, Gabi Jesus, Ferran Torres

Santiago Gimenez. You don't need another winger but a second striker with goals to play alongside Watkins. 

22 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Yes - while i'd like to see some money spent if Duran goes on a hybrid second striker, I'd also be happy to keep some headroom so we don't have to sell a 'crown jewel' next summer like Luiz.

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

I don’t understand this, Mcginn is not a forward player he plays more wide in a slightly advanced right midfield position and does not have any interference with those positions in any sense.

Watkins

Ramsey/Rogers                   Bailey

Tielemans              Mcginn

Kamara/Onana

Yes, when playing 4 at the back. I think its him who makes way in any starting 11 where we play 3 CBs

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I guess with Buendia and Ramsey coming back, from a squad point of view they are like new signings, in that we survived without them last season and qualified for CL. So selling Diaby & Duran and bringing in 1 player, we'd probably still be up, net, on last season.  And that's not including the re-addition of JPB. Archer probably doesn't factor into any of that, as he won't be the Duran replacement and I'd expect he'll be going back out, probably to someone like Boro.

Huge gamble in my opinion of we have relying on those two.

One was injured all last season and the other was also also injured with a long term injury and we have no idea if that injury will impact buendia if he will be same player

Id rather keep diaby and see how both those players do in season before we do more gambles as we got lucky last year with the gambles we made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Huge gamble in my opinion of we have relying on those two.

One was injured all last season and the other was also also injured with a long term injury and we have no idea if that injury will impact buendia if he will be same player

Id rather keep diaby and see how both those players do in season before we do more gambles as we got lucky last year with the gambles we made.

If we weren't replacing Diaby with a purchase then I'd absolutely agree with you. It would be very risky to rely on 2 returning injuries. But in my scenario above, I do say 'selling Diaby & Duran and bringing in 1 player'.  Hopefully the player who comes in works out, and then anything else is a bonus.

Sounds like (variously from twitters) we're looking for €70m for Diaby or no deal. That is a good chunk of change. Should net around £100m with Duran off as well. Spend £40-50m on a second striker and ~£20m on a CB/RB and keep some in the kitty. Then good to go for the season I reckon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Sounds like (variously from twitters) we're looking for €70m for Diaby or no deal. That is a good chunk of change. Should net around £100m with Duran off as well. Spend £40-50m on a second striker and ~£20m on a CB/RB and keep some in the kitty. Then good to go for the season I reckon.

Are you keeping Archer in this scenario? If we lose both Duran and Diaby, I think they both need replacing for their respective roles in the team.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â