Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Correct: UEFA defines 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

Think this may have been a big factor in us re-signing JPB

Yeah it's a bit more complicated than just U21.  Martinez for example qualifies as home grown due to being at Arsenal.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, burchy said:

With our CL squad looking close to full can’t we just get some U21 players in as they’d sit in the B List? Or am I missing something in the rules?

For example we could go out and get…

• RB - Kayode (19)
  • CB - Mosquera (19)
  • RM - Soule (21 but qualifies as U21 for 24/25)
  • CM - Nypan (17)
  • CAM - Gloukh (19)
  • ST - Konate (20)

…and they wouldn’t impact our main CL List A. 

We cant sign new players for the B List unfortunately. Total Rules for both Lists:

List A

• Maximum 25 Players
  • 8 of those must be "locally trained", meaning:
  • 4 "Association Trained" (Homegrown)
  • 4 Club Trained (3yrs at the club between 15-21, not including loans away)
  • Minimum 2 Keepers
  • Submitted by end of September 3rd

List B

• Unlimited number of players
  • Submitted the day before a match
  • Must be U21 (born 1/1/03 or after)
  • Must have been with the club for 2 Yrs consecutively since turning 15
  • Or 3 years consecutively if they've had a loan (maximum 1Yr loan)

List A / B combined must include 3 GKs, so if we want to register Martinez, Gauci and Olsen, they must all be on List A. However we can drop one and register Marshall/Zych on List B and still be compliant.

Despite being 21, Marshall is still eligible for List B as he was born after 1/1/03. However, if we sell Archer we may want to register Marshall in List A to hit 4x Club Trained and a full 25 man squad. (Ramsey, Philogene, KKH, Marshall)

Source: UEFA Article 31

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

That list also means unfortunately Duran misses out on being eligible for List B, as he's only been here 18 months and would have had to be here for 2 full seasons. So he would have to be signed to List A.

Had we signed him in the summer of 22/23 he'd be eligible for List B and allow us an extra space on List A.

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We cant sign new players for the B List unfortunately. Total Rules for both Lists:

List A

• Maximum 25 Players
  • 8 of those must be "locally trained", meaning:
  • 4 "Association Trained" (Homegrown)
  • 4 Club Trained (3yrs at the club between 15-21, not including loans away)
  • Minimum 2 Keepers
  • Submitted by end of September 3rd

List B

• Unlimited number of players
  • Submitted the day before a match
  • Must be U21 (born 1/1/03 or after)
  • Must have been with the club for 2 Yrs consecutively since turning 15
  • Or 3 years consecutively if they've had a loan (maximum 1Yr loan)

List A / B combined must include 3 GKs, so if we want to register Martinez, Gauci and Olsen, they must all be on List A. However we can drop one and register Marshall/Zych on List B and still be compliant.

Despite being 21, Marshall is still eligible for List B as he was born after 1/1/03. However, if we sell Archer we may want to register Marshall in List A to hit 4x Club Trained and a full 25 man squad. (Ramsey, Philogene, KKH, Marshall)

Source: UEFA Article 31

I was just reading the same thing but noticed when it talked about 16 year olds it used registered with club but for the u21 ruling above it, it said eligible to play for, which you could argue is any professional level player.

Is there a list anywhere of clubs CL squads, similar to the PL lists online? It would be interesting to see what players have been included in previous CL squad lists.  

Edited by burchy

36 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Correct: UEFA defines 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

Think this may have been a big factor in us re-signing JPB

This also presents a problem if we sell any of our u21s who can kick a ball straight.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If the Diaby rumours turn out to be true, we must have somebody lined up.  No way we'd be selling if not.

I thought so but listening to the Claret & Blue podcast yesterday with John Townley he questioned whether we would replace Diaby and it kind of made sense.  If we sell Duran and Diaby, then bring in a certain type of attacker then given we are bloated with numbers then JPB will be back up for Bailey plus the new attacker would be sufficient.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Agreed. I could easily see Duran and Diaby being sold with only one player being brought in.

A 10/striker that can cover both roles.

I’m also in this realm of thinking. 

sell both and get a great player that covers both 

• Like 1

I guess with Buendia and Ramsey coming back, from a squad point of view they are like new signings, in that we survived without them last season and qualified for CL. So selling Diaby & Duran and bringing in 1 player, we'd probably still be up, net, on last season.  And that's not including the re-addition of JPB. Archer probably doesn't factor into any of that, as he won't be the Duran replacement and I'd expect he'll be going back out, probably to someone like Boro.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought so but listening to the Claret & Blue podcast yesterday with John Townley he questioned whether we would replace Diaby and it kind of made sense.  If we sell Duran and Diaby, then bring in a certain type of attacker then given we are bloated with numbers then JPB will be back up for Bailey plus the new attacker would be sufficient.

That's still technically a replacement 😉

Edited by duke313
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This guy said it well.

Shouldn't forget Illing Junior either. Like JPB and Bailey, he can play either left or right side if needs be.

Some names for that CAM/SS position: obviously Joao Felix is heavily linked. I think Alex Baena could fit that position too, even if he does play more traditionally from the left. I think Rogers could also play there.  Oscar Gloukh who we've been linked with a couple of months ago.

Someone I've not seen linked anywhere this summer, and would seem to fit a lot of our buying criteria this summer, is Genk's Bilal El Khannouss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â