Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not compared to elsewhere - we have four senior CB' on the books, one of whom has missed a whole year and one who has been played as a right back. At right back we have Cash, who its rumoured we've been close to selling, and a couple of talented youngsters in KKH and Nedeljkovic - at the moment, I'd say our best RB is still Konsa and if he plays there then depending on Mings fitness and ability to come back, we've next to no cover to Carlos and Torres. Added to that, both Carlos and Mings are the wrong side of thirty and we struggled in the air last season so an upgrade on Carlos might well be desirable. I think numbers wise it's definitely our weakest area.

Also, I think Philogene might be the number 10 people are looking for.

Fair. I think I get the need for RB, although I half expected us to go with Nedeljkovic. CB I think we HAVE to go with Konsa and Pau as our main pairing. If we need to upgrade on Carlos/Mings then I would understand that, if one of them was sold. 

I still think we need that Luiz replacement though, so if the Onana stuff comes off then that is sort of taken care of. But getting that midfield sorted if key IMO

Edited by Tayls

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sutalo? He’s shite, terrible season for Ajax and really struggled against us.

Lacroix isn’t dominant in the air.

That's my point though, every club is trying to find a ball playing CB who is dominant in the air, they are few and far between. 

37 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

31 players. Both PL and CL have 25 max for squad size

We can sneak in iling Jr, Kosta, Duran and Dobbin in to the PL squads as Under 21s but that still is 2 players over. And 6 player over the CL limit. 

so way more than one in one out 

One of kosta/kkh loaned out.

One of digne/moreno sold

Dobbins loaned out?

Kamara not registered for first half of season?

One or two of Cash/Diaby/Buendia/McGinn/Ramsey/Carlos sold? :(

and that's just to hit CL limits. PL somewhat more flexible. 

Does feel like something drastic has to happen for us to sign anyone after (as expected) Onana and Philogene arrive. Be interesting to see what happens.

My guess is Cash and Diaby sold,  with a hybrid CB/RB brought in.

37 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

That's my point though, every club is trying to find a ball playing CB who is dominant in the air, they are few and far between. 

I think there are quite a few CBs that are good in the air but… many that are hopeless with their feet. Finding a player that is good at both is what’s difficult, but… there are options out there if your scouting is good enough to identify them.

I’m still curious about that link to Araujo… and if they would take Carlos. Barca riddled with debt yet still want players like Williams… will need to generate funds and possibly undersell who they can. Doesn’t seem the happiest there and said he’d consider his future once the Copa was over…

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

I think there are quite a few but… many that are, are hopeless with their feet. Finding a player that is good at both is what’s difficult, but… there are options out there if your scouting is good enough to identify them.

I’m still curious about that link to Araujo… and if they would take Carlos. Barca riddled with debt yet still want players like Williams… will need to generate funds and possibly undersell who they can. Doesn’t seem the happiest there and said he’d consider his future once the Copa was over…

Araujo sounds like the kind of next level signing we may struggle to achieve. Fair to say that? It all depends on how much Barca want Olmo and Williams. Because that's 100 million right there before wages...Us giving them 50 million for Araujo may go a long way in them being able to afford who they want...

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

One of digne/moreno sold

Dobbins loaned out?

Does feel like something drastic has to happen for us to sign anyone after (as expected) Onana and Philogene arrive. Be interesting to see what happens.

I agree.  I big signing in defence or attack we'll need to see a Carlos/Cash or Buendia/Diaby go.

Felix has only €50m worth of book value left at Atleti. I wonder what his salary is after the contract renewal he made in Jan 2023 - I'd say this was salary reduced in exchange for longer contract to better help find him a move. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Araujo sounds like the kind of next level signing we may struggle to achieve. Fair to say that? It all depends on how much Barca want Olmo and Williams. Because that's 100 million right there before wages...Us giving them 50 million for Araujo may go a long way in them being able to afford who they want...

Kind of but… that old article (warning them we’d be in for him if we got CL, Monchi attending Barca games), the state Barca are in and his apparent “unsettledness” make me curious… there have been questions about his future for a while and he had to address it during the start of the Copa America, said he was focussed on Uruguay for now and would focus on his future afterwards.

They need to generate funds somehow and can’t really be asking for peak value on players that they would consider letting go. They haven’t even been able to register players for a while. Giving them Carlos might help them out in the short term if they were open to it.

Does seem unlikely… but I think Monchi is on the lookout for opportunities to exploit too. He probably knows what we need to level up.

We could do with a next level signing or two if we want to get where Unai wants us - regular CL football and top 4 finishes. “Not anecdotal”.

It seems like many of us are fine to go as we are… but, the challenge is lofty and I think we need a bit more strengthening to face it head on.

I don’t think relying on too many youngsters is going to be the way.

Edited by Jas10

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

One of digne/moreno sold

Dobbins loaned out?

I think you’re not far off

my thoughts are Dendoncker, Duran, Moreno will be sold and Dobbin loaned. That will get our PL squad In line, and our CL squad down to 3 over. 

1 goal keeper, Kosta and Kamara unregistered for CL

then it’s like for like sold/bought for

Diaby/Buendia. 
Cash. 
Carlos. 
Olsen

Then we win the league and CL 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Felix has only €50m worth of book value left at Atleti. I wonder what his salary is after the contract renewal he made in Jan 2023 - I'd say this was salary reduced in exchange for longer contract to better help find him a move. 

It was a bit confusing, reading all of the different articles. From what I gathered, at the time of the loan to Barca being arranged, he agreed to a contract extension and 50% wage reduction with Atletico (maybe in the 90-110k p w range) but went to Barca on wages of only… around 6k a week? This was quickly bumped up to 66k a week due to certain La Liga rules. 

Barca was his dream move and he was willing to forego a lot of money (also due to their financial situation) to make the move happen, so that doesn’t give the impression that he’s greedy but more just wants to enjoy his football again (Unai can make that happen). The only issue he has really had is a clash with Simeone which is not all that surprising considering the kind of personality he is. Barca want to keep him but can’t afford to… but now they’re chasing Williams 😆 Jokers.

Then there’s a question over how much of that wage Barca paid and what Atletico did. It’s unclear.

Edited by Jas10

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I agree.  I big signing in defence or attack we'll need to see a Carlos/Cash or Buendia/Diaby go.

Can see Carlos and Cash going. Diaby may also go too. Hell, we may even seen both Moreno and Digne go too. Big changes still to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can see Carlos and Cash going. Diaby may also go too. Hell, we may even seen both Moreno and Digne go too. Big changes still to happen. 

Agree, can see all of those sales happening so long as there is genuine interest and offers forthcoming - I think they’re all available for the right price. Duran too. A good chunk of money coming in, and wages freed up, if all that happens.

Diaby going to Saudi for a decent profit will help, if it happens and it’s not complete BS.

My only concern with sales is, how the hell are we going to get rid of the Donk?

Edited by Jas10

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oh dear… forget it.

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think there are quite a few CBs that are good in the air but… many that are hopeless with their feet. Finding a player that is good at both is what’s difficult, but… there are options out there if your scouting is good enough to identify them.

Yeah 100%, Araujo would be perfect for that role but I thought he may be a little bit out of reach this summer.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Yeah 100%, Araujo would be perfect for that role but I thought he may be a little bit out of reach this summer.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic

See above 😞 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â