Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Howcome though? Aren’t we pretty covered in those areas? 

I'd say we need an upgrade on either Carlos or Cash ideally (depending on where Konsa is going to play)

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Carlos needs replacing

If we can't sell or loan him out I don't think we'll sign another CB.

The thing about Diego Carlos is he did put in some amazing performances. Arsenal away was an incredible game from him and he was also really good over xmas in the Arsenal and Man. City home games.

His terrible games last season were with Lenglet alongside him, that combination didn't work at all whereas Carlos-Pau was generally fine as they can communicate in Spanish.

I think with his CL experience with Sevilla he'll stay on and then be sold next summer. There seems to be a weird obsession on here to just get rid of anyone who's played in CL in the past, we're going to need that knowledge in the squad considering so many of our players haven't experienced the competition before.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah I think we're done in central midfield for now:

Kamara - 6
Onana - 6/8 hybrid
Tielemans - 8

With Barkley and Enzo covering and McGinn in emergencies.

Focus now will be on a 10 or ideally a 10/9 hybrid.

Anyone you favour? Felix, Alvarez, Olmo, Baena, Veiga… anyone else?

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I'd say we need an upgrade on either Carlos or Cash ideally (depending on where Konsa is going to play)

Neither Pau or Konsa are dominant in the air, we could do with a RCB who is but can also play…

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

image.png.f963ddea74a5995982b988c70c1ca325.png

How are we looking?

I Excluded Dendocnker as he’s surplus to requirements.

It feels like one in one out at the minute.

31 players. Both PL and CL have 25 max for squad size

We can sneak in iling Jr, Kosta, Duran and Dobbin in to the PL squads as Under 21s but that still is 2 players over. And 6 player over the CL limit. 

so way more than one in one out 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Neither Pau or Konsa are dominant in the air, we could do with a RCB who is but can also play…

Josip Sutalo or Maxence Lacroix would be my vote.

Essentially looking for the next Van Dijk though 🤣

Just now, MSvillain said:

Josip Sutalo or Maxence Lacroix would be my vote.

Essentially looking for the next Van Dijk though 🤣

Sutalo? He’s shite, terrible season for Ajax and really struggled against us.

Lacroix isn’t dominant in the air.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

31 players. Both PL and CL have 25 max for squad size

We can sneak in iling Jr, Kosta, and Dobbin in to the PL squads as Under 21s but that still 4 players over. And 6 player over the CL limit. 

so way more than one in one out 

Yeah, needs a trim.

Kamara will probably not be registered yet so can remove him from the list.

Either Duran or Archer will go

Dobbins might go on loan

Moreno will go

Olsen hopefully will go

Diaby rumoured to go

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Howcome though? Aren’t we pretty covered in those areas? 

Not compared to elsewhere - we have four senior CB' on the books, one of whom has missed a whole year and one who has been played as a right back. At right back we have Cash, who its rumoured we've been close to selling, and a couple of talented youngsters in KKH and Nedeljkovic - at the moment, I'd say our best RB is still Konsa and if he plays there then depending on Mings fitness and ability to come back, we've next to no cover to Carlos and Torres. Added to that, both Carlos and Mings are the wrong side of thirty and we struggled in the air last season so an upgrade on Carlos might well be desirable. I think numbers wise it's definitely our weakest area.

Also, I think Philogene might be the number 10 people are looking for.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Yeah, needs a trim.

Kamara will probably not be registered yet so can remove him from the list.

Either Duran or Archer will go

Dobbins might go on loan

Moreno will go

Olsen hopefully will go

Archer should definitely go, regardless of Duran - he's not good enough - the onll thing that might work in our favour is that he helps with the CL squad numbers.

There's not been a tickle of a hint of a rumour of Olsen leaving all summer - he's going nowhere.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The thing about Diego Carlos is he did put in some amazing performances. Arsenal away was an incredible game from him and he was also really good over xmas in the Arsenal and Man. City home games.

His terrible games last season were with Lenglet alongside him, that combination didn't work at all whereas Carlos-Pau was generally fine as they can communicate in Spanish.

I think with his CL experience with Sevilla he'll stay on and then be sold next summer. There seems to be a weird obsession on here to just get rid of anyone who's played in CL in the past, we're going to need that knowledge in the squad considering so many of our players haven't experienced the competition before.

Lenglet speaks Spanish and Carlos probably speaks French since he played 4 seasons there

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â