Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

54 minutes ago, John said:

If he goes anywhere it will be there imo, given they are another Catalan club, they may have no money, but it doesn't seem to stop them signing players and them wanting to go there. 

The head of La Liga came out recently and said something like "Barca are close to having the financials to make a signing" which is a joke really. They presumably have scrambled enough coins from the back of the sofa or by pawning off more of their future/assets, to sign someone that they later won't be able to afford to pay so will ask them to take a pay cut. At this stage, La Liga are becoming enablers for their absurdity

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why does Bilbao players don't want to leave the club apply to us but not Barca. He's going nowhere

Because they’re Barcelona.

We aren't signing him even if he does want to join us, hes on 300k a week at Bilbao, we ain't paying that.

Edited by duke313

Really curious to see the outgoings over the coming weeks:

• Olsen - if we don't have enough in Zych, Sinisalo and Gauci to allow him to leave, I'd be amazed. Whether anyone will take him is another matter.
  • Digne/Moreno - surely 1 or both can go?
  • Carlos - might depend on another incoming, and whether we can get who we want. Otherwise he's 4th choice - any of the U23s good enough? Munroe, Swinkels, Bogarde, Feeney or Smith to get game time?
  • Cash - again, depends on an incoming player (is Kosta good enough, alongside Konsa?). Someone we can make a profit on.
  • Diaby - £55m odd for a second choice RW is a lot of money, and allows us to be flexible elsewhere.
  • Duran - seems to want to go; do we haven enough with Archer/Rogers to allow this. £40m is pretty good in my view. Does Archer go too?
  • Hause and Dendoncker can just go.

Hard to see us getting rid of all of these, but there is a lot of salary there, and I think Olsen, Digne, Moreno, Diaby,  Hause and Dendoncker can all go and not be replaced - that's well over £400k a week. 
According to spotrac.com - that could be over 20% of the current first team wage bill!

IF Unai thinks we have enough to let Cash, Carlos and Duran go too - that figure goes up to nearly £700k a week - £35m a year - a third of the wage bill!

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bilbao Basquens

Regret not paying for my Chat GPT Premium subscription now.

I'd 1000 percent been AI generating this image for lols 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do see why Unai wanted Nico before he became a higher profile player.

That's the sweet spot, identifying inevitable stars and getting them right before they launch to the next level.

Now everyone with money will be after him.

Was just thinking that the other day, we were liked pretty early now his profile has exploded.

Unai talent ID second to none.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Was just thinking that the other day, we were liked pretty early now his profile has exploded.

One of the reasons I think Baena joining is more likely than not. We might’ve got lucky that he’s had little exposure during this tournament and hopefully not drawn the eyes of bigger fish - as Williams now has. 

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's again why I sometimes say we just need to have faith in what Manager sees.

I very much remember some comments being " I don't see anything special about him, not sure why Unai wants him so badly " when we were initially linked.

In fairness, even I was underwhelmed by the highlight videos at the time 😂.

It's why we aren't  PL scouts and managers 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Really curious to see the outgoings over the coming weeks:

• Olsen - if we don't have enough in Zych, Sinisalo and Gauci to allow him to leave, I'd be amazed. Whether anyone will take him is another matter.
  • Digne/Moreno - surely 1 or both can go?
  • Carlos - might depend on another incoming, and whether we can get who we want. Otherwise he's 4th choice - any of the U23s good enough? Munroe, Swinkels, Bogarde, Feeney or Smith to get game time?
  • Cash - again, depends on an incoming player (is Kosta good enough, alongside Konsa?). Someone we can make a profit on.
  • Diaby - £55m odd for a second choice RW is a lot of money, and allows us to be flexible elsewhere.
  • Duran - seems to want to go; do we haven enough with Archer/Rogers to allow this. £40m is pretty good in my view. Does Archer go too?
  • Hause and Dendoncker can just go.

Hard to see us getting rid of all of these, but there is a lot of salary there, and I think Olsen, Digne, Moreno, Diaby,  Hause and Dendoncker can all go and not be replaced - that's well over £400k a week. 
According to spotrac.com - that could be over 20% of the current first team wage bill!

IF Unai thinks we have enough to let Cash, Carlos and Duran go too - that figure goes up to nearly £700k a week - £35m a year - a third of the wage bill!

It'll be whoever we get vaguely decent bids for I think.

I'd guess Diaby, Duran, Moreno and Donk will go. 

Digne will stay. No one else will give him what we have.

Same with Carlos. Replacing him with a better suited PL defender would be a real improvement in the side but it's unlikely.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing im thrilled about is we have got a lot of business done early ready for pre season

Still feel Villa will need more quality particularly for CL.

Edited by striker

Not to take anything away from Unai but Nico Williams has been seen as one of the great young talents in football for a while now. Just the classic disrespect because he doesn't yet play for one of the big sides.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â