Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Onana > Fofana?

Onana is two and half years younger so bigger potential hopefully. Currently Fofana is probably ahead but hard to know since Onana has been playing Dyche-ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Getting a replacement will most likely be a forward not a winger. We can’t just get 3 players for each position. 
Ramsry, Iling for left. Bailey, JPB for right. 
Then you’ve got McGinn to play right. Rogers and Buendia in one of those positions as well. That’s 8 players if we add Tielemans for 3 positions. I won’t be against getting someone like Baena, Felix, Soule…etc

But for now, I think we need a forward someone like Beier who can be backup for Watkins but also can play other forward areas.

Btw I’ve forgotten Dobbin who will most likely go on loan. But for now he’s still there. 

Felix is a forward, he can play up front, off the left, as a second striker. Him or Alvarez at City could both be backup striker to Watkins and start as a 10 in our team, I’d like us to go for one of them if Diaby leaves and then maybe we don’t have to replace Duran.

If only Duran leaves and Diaby stays, Beier would be a good replacement for Duran.

• Like 3

I wondered this morning whether we might already have an Ollie back up/Duran replacement - with the little bits I've seen of Dobbin he has similar traits to the pre-Emery Watkins. Maybe thats why we've signed him (as well as the obvious r£ason)...

I'd argue we maybe need a different option, but it's a possibility that the team think they can mould Dobbin into a Watkins-lite

Edited by StewieGriffin

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We’re not signing another winger. We already have 300 wide players! RB, RCB and ACM are surely our next moves if anything. Maybe a GK if we can shift Olsen. 

Ok fine.

A left back it is.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Our attacking mids/wingers are:

Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Philogene. Iling Jr too perhaps. 

Take Diaby out and you remove 14 G/A from the team from last season and none of the goals were penalties. Rogers got 4 G/A in half a season. Ramsey got 2 G/A but was injured a lot, the season before he got 13 G/A but played about 500 more minutes than Moussa did last season. Buendia was injured last season but only got 7 G/A the season before and shouldn’t be anything more than an impact sub. Philogene we don’t know because he’s been playing in the Championship, I think he’ll make the step up eventually but maybe not straightaway. Remember Eze’s first 2 seasons at Palace were hit and miss, it wasn’t until the end of the 22-23 season that he started scoring and assisting regularly.

I think those saying sell Diaby and don’t replace him are crazy. Even in a so called bad season he got more G/A than any of our attacking mids have ever got at this level except Bailey last season.

If we sell him we MUST replace him with a high quality attacking option like Felix, even if it’s just on loan. And I think we will.

I’d replace with a central option for when we play that role close to Watkins 

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

Remaining targets for me:

- RCB (Josip Sutalo) 

- 10 (Felix/Pote/Baena)

- ST (Beier) 

Aren't you worried if Emi Martinez gets injured? Do we have good enough back up?

1 minute ago, supermon said:

City pushing for Olmo, gosh I hate City. Do they even need him

He's such a City player isn't he. 
I think Barca want him but can only afford Williams this summer. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Completely  agrew about your second paragraph this is somwthing im thrilled with. I think luiz got more goals than mcginn and youri combined though so thats abit of a worry for me

With bailey i hope that knee injury is cleared up as that was reallg bothering him towards end of season.

The one that excites me is rodgers. He is going to be class

I am gutted that we lost Luiz but I think the easiest thing that we replace are his goals. Didn’t he score 9 goals of which 5/6 penalties? His all round game for me made him one of our key players although tielemans is similar in some aspects and Onana adds physicality.

I agree with both points. For me Bailey is key and Rogers became one of the better performers in our team fairly quickly. The Wolves game stands out in particular to me, they couldn’t handle him.

I would obviously prefer to keep diary too but 100% trust the process. Unai has more than earned the right to make that call and if the offer is too good to turn down, I’m confident in Unai to replace him whether that be JPB or someone else

25 minutes ago, supermon said:

City pushing for Olmo, gosh I hate City. Do they even need him

De Bruyne will be off to Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later. He mentioned a few months ago that he couldn’t turn down the financial benefits of moving there, which is understandable considering he’s only been able to live on £300k / week for the last 5 years.

I’m still hoping that we do actually sign Felix.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Felix is a forward, he can play up front, off the left, as a second striker. Him or Alvarez at City could both be backup striker to Watkins and start as a 10 in our team, I’d like us to go for one of them if Diaby leaves and then maybe we don’t have to replace Duran.

If only Duran leaves and Diaby stays, Beier would be a good replacement for Duran.

I doubt Alvarez wants a move away from Plasticos just to be a backup again.

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Bullshit, but imagine if we did sign him!

If we signed him and a high quality CB, we'd be title contenders. 

As such, it ain't gonna happen. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

De Bruyne will be off to Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later. He mentioned a few months ago that he couldn’t turn down the financial benefits of moving there, which is understandable considering he’s only been able to live on £300k / week for the last 5 years.

I’m still hoping that we do actually sign Felix.

There's also a rumour that Alvarez wants away too......would love us to get him but doubt he'd come to us even if we could afford him.

PSG or Barcelona would be my guesses if he leaves City.

Would be surprised if Diaby left: record signing, we clearly identified him as someone with a role in mind. Seems a failure unless some thing better is brewing. Just goes to show how fluid all personnel are.

Buendia needs a big season, he only has one contracted year left after this one. If he doesn’t make his mark he will be vulnerable.

Wouldnt surprise me if Cash left and a new RB arrived. Frimpong or similar would be stunning.

Would love Nico Williams or Felix (despite his sulky demeanor). I honestly think if Cash/Diaby/Duran leave then this is entirely possible. I also think with Chamber gone Hermoso will arrive this week.

Edited by thunderball

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â