Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I support Villa and Västerås SK, when they meet in the Champions League I'd be all Villa :- D 

I thought you were from yam yam land some bizarre reason🤣

I support Villa and Västerås SK, when they meet in the Champions League I'd be all Villa :- D 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If diabs is being sold thats almost 20 goals from him and luiz last season. Thats abit concerning

I don’t think it is though. Just because they combined for 20 last year doesn’t guarantee they will replicate that production. Then you add in all the players we’ve signed. Barkley and Philogene combined for pretty much the exact same tally of goals/assist. It’ll balance itself out.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Don’t forget the assists too it won’t be too much short of 40 goal contributions I bet 

Thats the biggest concern i have.  In the first half of the season our midfield looked like one of the best in the league (as shown with the city and arsenal wins) now we would could lose two key components of it

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don’t think it is though. Just because they combined for 20 last year doesn’t guarantee they will replicate that production. Then you add in all the players we’ve signed. Barkley and Philogene combined for pretty much the exact same tally of goals/assist. It’ll balance itself out.

Im sorry if this is coming across negative but i just dont see as amny goals with JPB and barkely compared to diaby and luiz. I thinks its a downgrade.

Of course diabs is still here and no other players have been signed so its hypothetical at this stage

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry if this is coming across negative but i just dont see as amny goals with JPB and barkely compared to diaby and luiz. I thinks its a downgrade.

Of course diabs is still here and no other players have been signed so its hypothetical at this stage

It would be mad not to be concerned at the depth of the head-spinning changes. It's unnerving. I thought of Luiz as the heart of the team, and Diaby as super creative and fast, but I think the PSR simply isn't giving us a choice but to bring in revenue in big sales. So, on the one hand, we've been forced to do something we didn't want to do, and that sucks.

On the other, I honestly think JPB bring a set of talents that will surprise you in a positive way. He's a stylish magician on the ball certain would be able to take up at least some of what we lose with Diaby if he indeed goes. I think JPB is overall a more valuable player than Duran for instance, that's how highly I rate him. And then we have so many new assets. No, they won't replace Luiz and Diaby, but overall, I think they will play a role in build a squad that softens the losses. I am excited, but I hear you.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It would be mad not to be concerned at the depth of the head-spinning changes. It's unnerving. I thought of Luiz as the heart of the team, and Diaby as super creative and fast, but I think the PSR simply isn't giving us a choice but to bring in revenue in big sales. So, on the one hand, we've been forced to do something we didn't want to do, and that sucks.

On the other, I honestly think JPB bring a set of talents that will surprise you in a positive way. He's a stylish magician on the ball certain would be able to take up at least some of what we lose with Diaby if he indeed goes. I think JPB is overall a more valuable player than Duran for instance, that's how highly I rate him. And then we have so many new assets. No, they won't replace Luiz and Diaby, but overall, I think they will play a role in build a squad that softens the losses. I am excited, but I hear you.

Good post marka

Yeah i understand the luiz sale as clearly we needed to sale to satisfy PSR. But i think diaby should be kept. He really adds something to our team.

I think we are really strong with having JPB diaby rodgers and bailey as all wide options. Thats a riches of talent 

Id rather cash in duran, or cash than diabs

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You're forgetting a season of Buendia and Ramsay. It's not just about what Barkley and Philogene do 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good post marka

Yeah i understand the luiz sale as clearly we needed to sale to satisfy PSR. But i think diaby should be kept. He really adds something to our team.

I think we are really strong with having JPB diaby rodgers and bailey as all wide options. Thats a riches of talent 

Id rather cash in duran, or cash than diabs

I like Diaby a lot, even if he was very up and down last season (to be expected in a first sesson). What I particularly like about him is movement and ability to get into great  attacking positions. In that respect he reminds me of Thomas Muller - another player that people used to say didn't do much. If we did sell I would hope it's  for a big big profit. 

While we seem to be moving very quickly to reshape the squad,  new players will take time to bed in,  though you would hope that those that know the club or the league (Barkley, Philogene, Onana) will settle in quicker. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If diabs is being sold thats almost 20 goals from him and luiz last season. Thats abit concerning

We have plenty of goals in the squad mate. Watkins, Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, buendia, Mcginn, tielemans, JPB, Barkley etc. Hopefully a full season with Rogers and the injured players and returning players, we will be just as, hopefully more, dangerous going forward.

What we have done now is improve our vulnerability with set pieces by adding height and aerial prowess. We will also be harder to break down so we should, at least on paper, concede less goals 

• Like 1

I'll be sad to see Diaby go in all honesty. I feel like he'd have a better season this year but I can understand him going for the cash whilst he can and Villa aren't going to turn down such a crazy offer. He's going to make bank in a pretty easy league and all but retire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

We have plenty of goals in the squad mate. Watkins, Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, buendia, Mcginn, tielemans, JPB, Barkley etc. Hopefully a full season with Rogers and the injured players and returning players, we will be just as, hopefully more, dangerous going forward.

What we have done now is improve our vulnerability with set pieces by adding height and aerial prowess. We will also be harder to break down so we should, at least on paper, concede less goals 

Completely  agrew about your second paragraph this is somwthing im thrilled with. I think luiz got more goals than mcginn and youri combined though so thats abit of a worry for me

With bailey i hope that knee injury is cleared up as that was reallg bothering him towards end of season.

The one that excites me is rodgers. He is going to be class

• Like 2

I think Philogene will help us in the low block as he can beat a man, Bailey and Diaby both struggle with this a little. 

I don’t want us to sell Diaby but if the offer is a high one then I can see the club’s logic. We could then reinvest and get in a Johan Bakayoko or Matias Soule to soften the blow.

Our attacking mids/wingers are:

Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Philogene. Iling Jr too perhaps. 

Take Diaby out and you remove 14 G/A from the team from last season and none of the goals were penalties. Rogers got 4 G/A in half a season. Ramsey got 2 G/A but was injured a lot, the season before he got 13 G/A but played about 500 more minutes than Moussa did last season. Buendia was injured last season but only got 7 G/A the season before and shouldn’t be anything more than an impact sub. Philogene we don’t know because he’s been playing in the Championship, I think he’ll make the step up eventually but maybe not straightaway. Remember Eze’s first 2 seasons at Palace were hit and miss, it wasn’t until the end of the 22-23 season that he started scoring and assisting regularly.

I think those saying sell Diaby and don’t replace him are crazy. Even in a so called bad season he got more G/A than any of our attacking mids have ever got at this level except Bailey last season.

If we sell him we MUST replace him with a high quality attacking option like Felix, even if it’s just on loan. And I think we will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Our attacking mids/wingers are:

Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Philogene. Iling Jr too perhaps. 

Take Diaby out and you remove 14 G/A from the team from last season and none of the goals were penalties. Rogers got 4 G/A in half a season. Ramsey got 2 G/A but was injured a lot, the season before he got 13 G/A but played about 500 more minutes than Moussa did last season. Buendia was injured last season but only got 7 G/A the season before and shouldn’t be anything more than an impact sub. Philogene we don’t know because he’s been playing in the Championship, I think he’ll make the step up eventually but maybe not straightaway. Remember Eze’s first 2 seasons at Palace were hit and miss, it wasn’t until the end of the 22-23 season that he started scoring and assisting regularly.

I think those saying sell Diaby and don’t replace him are crazy. Even in a so called bad season he got more G/A than any of our attacking mids have ever got at this level except Bailey last season.

If we sell him we MUST replace him with a high quality attacking option like Felix, even if it’s just on loan. And I think we will.

Getting a replacement will most likely be a forward not a winger. We can’t just get 3 players for each position. 
Ramsry, Iling for left. Bailey, JPB for right. 
Then you’ve got McGinn to play right. Rogers and Buendia in one of those positions as well. That’s 8 players if we add Tielemans for 3 positions. I won’t be against getting someone like Baena, Felix, Soule…etc

But for now, I think we need a forward someone like Beier who can be backup for Watkins but also can play other forward areas.

Btw I’ve forgotten Dobbin who will most likely go on loan. But for now he’s still there. 

i cant find the tweet, i saw it last night - but it made sense, some spanish Girona  ITK Account saying if Diaby is leaving Villa well move for Tysgankov from Girona and we hold the advantage as they want Moreno from us as they believe theyll lose their left back to Barca?Real/PSG/Man United .............. made sense to me !

13 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Which is perfectly fine if you ask me. I've seen you posting on here for as long as I can remember as well and always just assumed you were a Villa fan. You choose how you want to be a fan like the rest of us and nothing wrong with that. UTV!

Thanks mate. That is very much appreciated. UTV!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Add Buendia and Ramsey to that, a full season with Rogers, and Tielemans likely playing the main creative role. We’re spreading the G/A about rather than rely on one our two players.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is why I have given @striker leeway as I do remember he's actually a very old poster on here, who has explained he is Everton and Villa ( I'll never understand dual fandom but hey ) lol..

It does make him an easy target when he shares unpopular opinion though.

I'm still floating the theory that he's actually Andy Gray! ( Or his son ) ,😂

A gentleman never tells. @JAMAICAN-VILLAN Appreciate the leeway. 👍

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah he's an OG on here for sure. 

Hey @striker, are you a Gray? XD

I do go in where it hurts and that’s all I’m saying. 😉

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â