Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ve only seen this but can’t see it on Percy’s page

So it’s just Twitter bull then.

god knows how we are going to fit in all these wide players then.

I guess now Twitter is selling Diaby the clickbait replacement links will go into overdrive … 

Viktor Tsygankov.

According to AS, Man Utd have joined the race for the 26-year-old, but they face competition from within the Premier League. Indeed, he is also said to be of interest to Aston Villa.

The report even claims Ten Hag and his Villa counterpart Unai Emery have both been in contact with Tsygankov and his representatives to explain the place he would have in their plans.

https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-united/man-utd-transfers-another-striker-targeted-ten-hag-charms-star

According to a claim in the Turkish media, Aston Villa are showing an interest in Galatasaray attacker Barış Alper Yılmaz.

https://www.givemesport.com/aston-villa-preparing-offer-for-baris-alper-yilmaz-premier-league/

etc.etc. Etc 

4 hours ago, striker said:

I've posted this time and time again so for your benefit I will do so again

I've followed both teams for many years. My family are Everton through and through which is fine but I've always liked Villa too.

In fact as previously stated I prefer Villa which has meant I've received untold stick in the family circle. Kinda like that as it has created good natured rivalry within my family and friends. Thats why I post here but still have a interest in Everton.

Maybe I should have called myself schizophrenic. 😉

I know it's a little weird mate but I am a Villa supporter and always will be!

Which is perfectly fine if you ask me. I've seen you posting on here for as long as I can remember as well and always just assumed you were a Villa fan. You choose how you want to be a fan like the rest of us and nothing wrong with that. UTV!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wes said:

14 Midfielders (4 HG)

• Bailey
  • Barrenechea
  • Barkley (HG)
  • Buendia
  • Dendoncker
  • Diaby
  • Kamara
  • McGinn
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Tielemans
  • Onana
  • Philogene (HG)
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Rogers (HG) -  No longer counts as U-21 so would need to be registered.

Players who would still classify as Under 21s

• Dobbin
  • Illing-Junior

Unbelievable depth we have at midfield 

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If diabs is being sold thats almost 20 goals from him and luiz last season. Thats abit concerning

5 goals from open play in the PL for Luiz (same as Barkley). 6 goals for Diaby (I would hope whoever might replace him could better that tally). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Which is perfectly fine if you ask me. I've seen you posting on here for as long as I can remember as well and always just assumed you were a Villa fan. You choose how you want to be a fan like the rest of us and nothing wrong with that. UTV!

This is why I have given @striker leeway as I do remember he's actually a very old poster on here, who has explained he is Everton and Villa ( I'll never understand dual fandom but hey ) lol..

It does make him an easy target when he shares unpopular opinion though.

I'm still floating the theory that he's actually Andy Gray! ( Or his son ) ,😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is why I have given @striker leeway as I do remember he's actually a very old poster on here, who has explained he is Everton and Villa ( I'll never understand dual fandom but hey ) lol..

It does make him an easy target when he shares unpopular opinion though.

I'm still floating the theory that he's actually Andy Gray! ( Or his son ) ,😂

Yeah he's an OG on here for sure. 

Hey @striker, are you a Gray? XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Where does McGinn now sit within the pecking order … cannot see him retaining the captaincy not being a guaranteed starter - could we sell him as whatever fee we get is pure profit 

Edited by thabucks

21 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I support Villa and Västerås SK, when they meet in the Champions League I'd be all Villa :- D 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Where does McGinn now sit within the pecking order … cannot see him retaining the captaincy not being a guaranteed starter - could we sell him as whatever fee we get is pure profit 

I think it depends on the other business we do.

Many will say he is a nailed on starter, and he might be, personally I think he might not be if we add another AM/wide forward of high quality.

For me, the current central midfielder is onana and tielemans

The other 3 attacking midfield/ss positions, Rogers is nailed on for me, then if we add another player similar to felix levels of quality, mcginn is competing with diaby, Bailey, jaden, buendia, iling jr and Ramsey for that final position.

We are massively top heavy tbh  excluding the actual striker position.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

5 goals from open play in the PL for Luiz (same as Barkley). 6 goals for Diaby (I would hope whoever might replace him could better that tally). 

Sorry forgot to add goals and assists in my post. 8 assists for diabs. Its not just his goals that are vitally important 

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I support Villa and Västerås SK, when they meet in the Champions League I'd be all Villa :- D 

..and I Villa & AIK. I honestly don't know who I'd support if we ever matched up, but probably Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If diabs is being sold thats almost 20 goals from him and luiz last season. Thats abit concerning

Don’t forget the assists too it won’t be too much short of 40 goal contributions I bet 

Reassured there seems to be a SOLID recruitment plan at the club: young, high ceiling, great attributes. We are building deep squad with succession in mind.

We still need a creative #10 and an RB in Emerys mould. And I hope Hermoso joins. 

But we are now stacked with talent, the squad improvement is astonishing and we are not yet done.  Monchi’s team is in overdrive 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Don’t forget the assists too it won’t be too much short of 40 goal contributions I bet 

That’s a big deal, but a lot of talent lined up too. Spreading the burden always helps, Rogers and Ramsey could get that next season? That’s before Baena/Goncalves and Chiesa figure too 😜

Edited by thunderball

On 12/07/2024 at 11:56, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0487.jpg

that’s our CL squad. With Dendonker, Hause, Chambers, Moreno (or Digne), Dobbin, Kosta and one of the goalies being unregistered to play. 

So, where are we weak? And who are we dropping/selling to make room? 

On 12/07/2024 at 14:12, HalfTimePost said:

As below for me, but I believe *atleast* one of Kamara and Mings won't be registered for the Champions League until the next registration window, so there's room to add one to the squad (to cover either of those)

RB - Cash out,  New In

CM - 1x New in

Striker (backup) - Archer, Duran out, 1x New in

GK - Olsen out, New in

CB - last priority, 1x New in, maybe Carlos out depending on Mings.

✅ CM - 1x New In - Amadou Onana (No out, Kamara unregistered for now)

⏳ RB - Cash Out, New In

⏳ Striker - Duran Out, 1 New In (Adjusted to keep Archer as you mentioned on CHG)

⏳ GK - Olsen out. 1x New In

⏳ CB - 1x New in, Maybe Carlos Out depending on Mings' likelihood to be registered

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Reassured there seems to be a SOLID recruitment plan at the club: young, high ceiling, great attributes. We are building deep squad with succession in mind.

We still need a creative #10 and an RB in Emerys mould. And I hope Hermoso joins. 

But we are now stacked with talent, the squad improvement is astonishing and we are not yet done.  Monchi’s team is in overdrive 

Was going to post something similar - seems like we're morphing back towards the recruitment strategy implemented by Deano (and espoused by NSWE when they came in).  Buy young talent and give them the opportunity to grow, sprinkled with some necessary experience.  Gerrard moved us away from that with Coutinho, Digne, Dendonker, Chambers, Olsen, Carlos.  Now we've brought in Iling Junior, Dobbin, Barrenechea, Maatsen, Gauci, Rogers - all in their early 20's along with the experience of Barkley. 

If the Onana deal happens and we can strengthen in needed areas (RB, CF), the business we are doing makes perfect sense and is in line with NSWE's vision... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

✅ CM - 1x New In - Amadou Onana (No out, Kamara unregistered for now)

⏳ RB - Cash Out, New In

⏳ Striker - Duran Out, 1 New In (Adjusted to keep Archer as you mentioned on CHG)

⏳ GK - Olsen out. 1x New In

⏳ CB - 1x New in, Maybe Carlos Out depending on Mings' likelihood to be registered

Would prefer a no.10 rather than a striker. Or preferably someone who can kinda do both like a Felix/Alvarez type. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â