Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0494.jpg

If we sign Onana, this will be our CL Squad

with Dendonker, Hause, Moreno, Digne, Dobbin, Kosta and one of the goalies being unregistered,

Sales are inevitable.

Kosta is surely ahead of KKH.

57 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Onana. And Kamara.

Are coming down the stairs...

Onana. And Kamara. 

Are roaming round in pairs…

I like this game 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

I'd shoot Dyche and most of the fan base would too if that happened.

I know this is a (fairly) welcoming place but is it not a little weird that you’re an Everton fan who just rocks out on an Aston Villa forum?

I couldn’t think of anything worse than putting up with those lot on Grand Old Team. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Onana. And Kamara. 

Are roaming round in pairs…

I like this game 

Banana’s in pyjamas came into my head too 

• Haha 2

Unai Emery on Joao Felix, 2023: ‘He’s a special player. His position as a 10 is very difficult to be like him with good skills. He can play in the space + small spaces, trying to do something - assist, driving, getting in the box.
‘I always follow him + I admire him as a player.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Unai Emery on Joao Felix, 2023: ‘He’s a special player. His position as a 10 is very difficult to be like him with good skills. He can play in the space + small spaces, trying to do something - assist, driving, getting in the box.

Yeah I’ve posted this about 50 times now 😂
Also, “He’s special”.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

To add to the list of concerns over him though…

Will he constantly be wanting to get a move back to Barca (his dream club) even while he is with us?

Olmo, Baena… Veiga (is he a 10/SS or a midfielder?). There are many good options beyond Felix, but if that’s who Uani wants then that’s who he hopefully gets.

Alvarez if we want more of a striker that can both support and alternate with Ollie too… solves more problems perhaps.

Edited by Jas10

Trying to do some Premier League Registration math. (max of 25 remember, 8 must be Home Grown).  Champions League is a bit extra - but ignoring for now.
Under 21s do not need to be registered. Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 2003.

New Signings in bold. Picked players who are either new, or could be in match-day squad.

4 Goalkeepers

• Gauci
  • Martinez (HG)
  • Olsen
  • Sinisalo (HG)

9 Defenders - (4 HG)

• Cash (HG)
  • Diego Carlos
  • Digne
  • Pau Torres
  • Kaine Kesler-Hayden (HG)
  • Konsa (HG)
  • Maatsen (HG)
  • Mings (HG)
  • Moreno

14 Midfielders (4 HG)

• Bailey
  • Barrenechea
  • Barkley (HG)
  • Buendia
  • Dendoncker
  • Diaby
  • Kamara
  • McGinn
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Tielemans
  • Onana
  • Philogene (HG)
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Rogers (HG) -  No longer counts as U-21 so would need to be registered.

2 Strikers - (2 HG)

• Watkins (HG)
  • Archer (HG) - No longer counts as U-21 so would need to be registered.

Players who would still classify as Under 21s

• Dobbin
  • Illing-Junior
  • Duran
  • Nedelkovic
  • Sousa

Players Out

• Chambers (HG) - Now at Cardiff
  • Lenglet - End of Loan
  • Iroegbunam - Former Under 21 slot, sold to Everton
  • Kellyman  - Former Under 21 slot, sold to Chelsea
  • Zaniolo - End of Loan
  • Douglas Luiz - Sold to Juventus

Summary

So we are currently, by my math (which may be wrong), already over our allocation at 29 players who would need to be registered.
Going to need a few to go out on loan or sold before any incomings - unless we buy Under 21s.

Duran, Dendoncker seem sure to leave. One of the goalkeepers too. And I'm sure there's some loans or sales for Archer or Kesler-Hayden.

But we're already at the "as one comes in, another has to leave" stage. Think we will see Duran go to West Ham in the next week, as soon as Colombia's Copa America is over.

Edited by Wes
Edit: Forgot McGinn! Thanks Villaphan04.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Will he constantly be wanting to get a move back to Barca (his dream club) even while he is with us?

The only way that happens if he plays very well, so if we can get him for a reasonable price and then flog him on at a profit later then it's all good.

The only guy that really, really matters is Emery. 

17 minutes ago, Wes said:

Trying to do some Premier League Registration math. (max of 25 remember, 8 must be Home Grown).  Champions League is a bit extra - but ignoring for now.
Under 21s do not need to be registered. Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 2003.

New Signings in bold. Picked players who are either new, or could be in match-day squad.

4 Goalkeepers

• Gauci
  • Martinez (HG)
  • Olsen
  • Sinisalo (HG)

9 Defenders - (4 HG)

• Cash (HG)
  • Diego Carlos
  • Digne
  • Pau Torres
  • Kaine Kesler-Hayden (HG)
  • Konsa (HG)
  • Maatsen (HG)
  • Mings (HG)
  • Moreno

13 Midfielders (4 HG)

• Bailey
  • Barrenechea
  • Barkley (HG)
  • Buendia
  • Dendoncker
  • Diaby
  • Kamara
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Tielemans
  • Onana
  • Philogene (HG)
  • Ramsey (HG)
  • Rogers (HG) -  No longer counts as U-21 so would need to be registered.

2 Strikers - (2 HG)

• Watkins (HG)
  • Archer (HG) - No longer counts as U-21 so would need to be registered.

Players who would still classify as Under 21s

• Dobbin
  • Illing-Junior
  • Duran
  • Nedelkovic
  • Sousa

Players Out

• Chambers (HG) - Now at Cardiff
  • Lenglet - End of Loan
  • Iroegbunam - Former Under 21 slot, sold to Everton
  • Kellyman  - Former Under 21 slot, sold to Chelsea
  • Zaniolo - End of Loan
  • Douglas Luiz - Sold to Juventus

Summary

So we are currently, by my math (which may be wrong), already over our allocation at 28 players who would need to be registered.
Going to need a few to go out on loan or sold before any incomings - unless we buy Under 21s.

Duran, Dendoncker seem sure to leave. One of the goalkeepers too. And I'm sure there's some loans or sales for Archer or Kesler-Hayden.

But we're already at the "as one comes in, another has to leave" stage. Think we will see Duran go to West Ham in the next week, as soon as Colombia's Copa America is over.

Yep, I've been trying to figure out this stuff since the Philogene return was widely reported as happening. I agree that we need to sell/loan some soon. also, BTW you're missing McGinn 

Sell/Loan one of the GKs -- I agree. If I'm honest, I might look to loan Gauci and keep Sinisalo & Olsen (assuming there's no ability to move Olsen). 

Duran to leave -- this is where I'm not sure what the strategy will be. I think he will, and if Archer does as well, we will need another striker who will probably count in registration.

Archer to leave -- I don't think he's good enough for us, would assume he gets moved on as well -- even the confirmation that he's back with us was short 

Dendoncker to leave -- agree, not sure when this will happen though

Kesler-Hayden -- just signed a contract extension but I don't know how he fits in the squad atm. Especially as he'll count towards the squad limit

Diego Carlos -- if we can move him on to get another cb, I think we will try. Not sure he will want to leave though' -- same as Cash, no space in squad for signing a CB and not selling him (or Mings)

Moreno / Digne -- One really has to leave with the incoming of Maatsen. Would say Moreno 

Ramsey / Diaby -- I think the wild cards here. We could get a huge PSR profit cashing in on Ramsey (but not at peak value), Diaby to Saudi could be another good opportunity to do something similar. Especially as we are re-signing Philogene.

Buendia -- not sure there'd be enough interest to move him on this summer considering the ACL injury. But could be moved on. 

Cash -- If we want to get a new RB, I think he has to depart, otherwise there's no squad size

True wildcard for January/Next summer -- Selling Kamara. Would be pure PSR profit and is consistently injury prone. Now, that would weaken the squad considerably 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

I've posted this time and time again so for your benefit I will do so again

I've followed both teams for many years. My family are Everton through and through which is fine but I've always liked Villa too.

In fact as previously stated I prefer Villa which has meant I've received untold stick in the family circle. Kinda like that as it has created good natured rivalry within my family and friends. Thats why I post here but still have a interest in Everton.

Maybe I should have called myself schizophrenic. 😉

Fair enough, not seen that explanation before and you have my thanks for fighting the good fight against the Everton fans within your inner circle 😃 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who cares, in that circumstance you make them pay through the nose and if they ain’t got the cash or players we want in return then there is no discussion 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â