Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Is it safe to say that our transfers so far this summer is driven more by data analytics than by scouting? 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Is it safe to say that our transfers so far this summer is driven more by data analytics than by scouting? 

It should always always always be both.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a combination. It's 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

IN - Onana, Felix, Beier, Araujo

OUT - Diaby, Duran, Dendoncker, Archer,          
           Diego Carlos

Would still love us to sign Kayode as well if Cash goes, but can’t be too greedy. 🤔

Big fan of this

• Like 1

It's just great these days, window opens loads of us say you know that Maatsen would be perfect for us, and then that Onana (what's his name?) would be ideal - and then we go and buy them no fuss whatsoever. Never in my lifetime have I seen a window like this.  

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a combination. It's 2024.

Yeah it's obviously both. Just that the players are so far ones who already play in the PL, have previously played for us or were part of a selection from a club we were selling a player too. We didn't go out and discover them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Diego Carlos

Would still love us to sign Kayode as well if Cash goes, but can’t be too greedy. 🤔

We’d be cooking with that team. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Players don’t get to be worth much more than 50 with a few exceptions as not many teams can pay that.

hope it’s 35 plus add ons 

Even better if it was another swap deal, one or two of our less valued players going the other way and us driving down the fee.

Don’t think that’s happening though. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Come on, own up who said we wouldn’t be spending £50m on one player the other day…

One of them FFP experts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Holy sh1t!

That was my immediate reaction too.  Followed by a clenched fist and a Yeeess!!!

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Kamara and onana two high profile DM’s how do we work this ??

I think they are both better on the ball than they are given credit for / the stats might show.

33 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Diego Carlos

I’m down with that 

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

I think they are both better on the ball than they are given credit for / the stats might show.

This is the interesting part about this signing, you almost have to disregard his stats because he's been playing Dycheball 

• Like 1

Based on the signings in midfield giving us much more aerial power in our own box (and the opposition box) I'm reverting from my previous position.  For me know we move Konsa back to CB to partner Pau.  Sign Kayode on the right and with Maatsen on the left that gives us an insane amount of speed and also improves us defensively from wide, reducing the number of crosses coming in.  Onana, Barkley, Enzo, etc give us more height to defend corners and free-kicks.  We keep the strength of our CBs (ability on the ball and ability to start attacks from deeper positions) and address the weakness at the same time.  Kayode will be one of the best right backs in Europe in a couple of seasons.

I want Xavi Simmons 🤝 that would be such a serious signing, am i also greedy in wanting a central mid but more advanced too… good that we brought Tielemans he’s Belgian counterpart 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Who's next then? 

Dean Huijsen 
Maximilian Beier 
João Félix

Would love the first two, I do not want Felix in any circumstance (his only plus for me was his incredibly hot mrs)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â