Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

49 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Cathal O'Sullivan, only turned 17, could be signed for less than £1m, I'd like to see us go for these sort of transfers too.

We do make a fair few of these type of signings 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think Emery has the power to do that though. New long term contract and probably the most popular Villa manager in decades. He doesn't need to worry about getting CL football again next season, if we do that's a bonus. He can give game time to the younger players to improve them which will cost us points but is with the future in mind. Arteta came 8th in back to back seasons building a side that could challenge for the PL, players like Saka, Odegaard etc.. grew with the team

spacer.png

I’ve got a funny feeling that the best of this window is still to come. Hear me out.

1. Admin. We spent the very early part of the window focusing on administering the books, gaming the financial system so that we weren’t penalised by the nonsense rules imposed by the PL. We saw the exit of Sanson, Iroegbunam, Chambers, and Dougie. There will certainly be more to come.

2. Bolstering. We’ve fleshed out the squad with young, talented, high potential players and also added an experienced head to midfield. Iling-Junior, Barrenechea, Dobbin, Maatsen, Philogene (soon), and Barkley. Other than Maatsen, I wouldn’t expect these players to be leading stars for the team like Watkins, Martinez, Pau etc.

Then comes what I think is most likely next…

3. Levelling up. Once Copa America and the Euros are done, I strongly believe we’ll make our big moves for first team players. The best players in world football are either still involved at the tail end of elite competitions or have recently finished their participation.

We’ve balanced the books, we’ve built the squad, and now it’s time to add the icing on the cake now that we’re in a healthy financial position for FY 24/25. I think we’re in for a very exciting few weeks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

I’ve got a funny feeling that the best of this window is still to come. Hear me out.

1. Admin. We spent the very early part of the window focusing on administering the books, gaming the financial system so that we weren’t penalised by the nonsense rules imposed by the PL. We saw the exit of Sanson, Iroegbunam, Chambers, and Dougie. There will certainly be more to come.

2. Bolstering. We’ve fleshed out the squad with young, talented, high potential players and also added an experienced head to midfield. Iling-Junior, Barrenechea, Dobbin, Maatsen, Philogene (soon), and Barkley. Other than Maatsen, I wouldn’t expect these players to be leading stars for the team like Watkins, Martinez, Pau etc.

3. Levelling up. Once Copa America and the Euros are done, I strongly believe we’ll make our big moves for first team players. The best players in world football are either still involved at the tail end of elite competitions or have recently finished their participation.

We’ve balanced the books, we’ve built the squad, and now it’s time to add the icing on the cake now that we’re in a healthy financial position for FY 24/25. I think we’re in for a very exciting few weeks.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When did this happen? Tbf he was probably getting a lot of abuse from fans and reacted but agree with others that wouldn't want him. 

When Brentford just got promoted. He said he did it for a laugh as his agent/friend a bluenose

Man is a scumbag and a moron

• Like 1

Joao Felix looks like he is desperate to go back to Barcelona

I dont think would be a good fit here for the talent he does have

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Felix, for me, is one of those players who is class on paper but when you watch him play he never impresses.

I think Chiesa would offer more.

Neither would be an improvement on what we have

• Like 3

Wouldn’t mind going after Adam Wharton.  Yes we should’ve done it before he went to Palace but at least we’ve seen him perform well in the PL.  rumours back in May that Palace would listen to offers and apparently €60m was banded about.  He’s a cultured 20 year old midfielder

Just now, Wes said:

This is out of nowhere. 

I know we’ve been linked by don’t think this one would happen. 

Clearly Unai is trying to address our lack of size and this guy is a serious replacement for Bouba until he’s fully fit again. 

30 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

30 minutes after I posted this, the news landed that we're dropping £50m on Onana. Coincidence.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â