Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He'll be getting a new contract and a ridiculous salary after the Euros. Then he will probably turn to shit.

Yeah quite possibly. Sancho Mk II?

I do think he has more about him, but yeah he’ll get some killer wage and he’ll be there til the end of the contract I suppose 

13 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If Toney throws up Zulu signs at VP, it’s a pretty clear he has no interest in joining Villa 

When did this happen? Tbf he was probably getting a lot of abuse from fans and reacted but agree with others that wouldn't want him. 

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This summer is excellent already so far.

The squad is already stronger than last season, even if the starting 11 isn’t just yet. We still need to replace Dougie, and probably get another CB, and obviously we’ll need to replace Duran if/ when he goes too.

I also wonder if we’re after Felix even if Duran stays.

Our best starting line up last season was a mix of these 13 players

Martinez, Digne, Pau, Carlos, Konsa, Cash

McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans, Bailey

Watkins, Diaby

A few of us would lump Rogers in there too towards end of the season. 

So what we need to think is who have we signed who can now join the list of being in best lineup. That's the key no drop off despite who is picked that's the aim. 

For me JJ returning and Maatsen can be added to the list above and Luiz is lost.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I do think he has more about him, but yeah he’ll get some killer wage and he’ll be there til the end of the contract I suppose 

One of their own as well, which would indicate he will stay there for a long time and big money, success or not,  like the other ‘one of their own’ forwards

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I like the signing of younger promising players who Emery can coach. This can give big rewards and feels like we're not signing players for this Autumns CL we're signing players for 2 years time being very competitive.

I think this too - we seem to be building a side for the next five years - I do hope we're not sacrificing the next one or two to put it together though. It looks like we have a year of transition coming up - thankfully with a manager who seems able to mould a team as quickly as anyone I've ever seen do it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It looks like a complete refit - some big names out and a bundle of exciting young talents in. There's clearly still a lot left to happen and we're unbalanced at this point in the process, but you've got to admire how ballsy this is - we're taking apart the best team we've had in twenty years because we believe we can do better, that's quite a statement of confidence. I hope they've got it right!

Generally, it's a recipe for non-success to completely refit a team (squad is possibly OK).  Big gamble if we're making THAT many changes.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think this too - we seem to be building a side for the next five years - I do hope we're not sacrificing the next one or two to put it together though. It looks like we have a year of transition coming up - thankfully with a manager who seems able to mould a team as quickly as anyone I've ever seen do it.

Yes, it will be a transitional year where we only win one of the league or European cup both of them is a little further down the line

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It looks like a complete refit - some big names out and a bundle of exciting young talents in. There's clearly still a lot left to happen and we're unbalanced at this point in the process, but you've got to admire how ballsy this is - we're taking apart the best team we've had in twenty years because we believe we can do better, that's quite a statement of confidence. I hope they've got it right!

I'd like to think finances haven't led this refit but I'd love to know if we would have gone down this route if not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he'll have a good career to be fair but will be interesting to see how earning ridiculous sums impacts him. Just thinking of the likes of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho. Something still rotten at that club. 

I guess we need to find the next Mainoo's of this world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

One of their own as well, which would indicate he will stay there for a long time and big money, success or not,  like the other ‘one of their own’ forwards

Yeah true. Can’t bloody stand Man Utd 😂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When did this happen? Tbf he was probably getting a lot of abuse from fans and reacted but agree with others that wouldn't want him. 

Right in front of the Holte End, I can tell you something he got a lot more abuse after than he did before. Could’ve easily caused the riot as there were people who did not take kindly to it in an around where I sit who have somewhat of a  colourful past

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Right in front of the Holte End, I can tell you something you got a lot more abuse after than he did before. Could’ve easily caused the riot as there were people who did not take kindly to it in an around where I sit who have somewhat of a  colourful past

His agent is a blue nose and he told the press he did it for him, and because he knew we don’t get along with them. Keep him far, far away from our club. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To be fair Emery took over a team that was very disjointed and got them firing pretty much straight away. Also felt like whoever came in to the team knew their roles. 

I think we'll be alright.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Emery has the power to do that though. New long term contract and probably the most popular Villa manager in decades. He doesn't need to worry about getting CL football again next season, if we do that's a bonus. He can give game time to the younger players to improve them which will cost us points but is with the future in mind. Arteta came 8th in back to back seasons building a side that could challenge for the PL, players like Saka, Odegaard etc.. grew with the team

Central defence though does worry me, Carlos I feel hasn't performed well enough aerially despite having a good season overall. While Mings is coming back from a very bad injury and no idea if or when he'll get back to the levels he was prior to it. This leaves us with Pau and Konsa as top level CBs and one of those played more at RB. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Central defence though does worry me, Carlos I feel hasn't performed well enough aerially despite having a good season overall. While Mings is coming back from a very bad injury and no idea if or when he'll get back to the levels he was prior to it. This leaves us with Pau and Konsa as top level CBs and one of those played more at RB. 

I agree. I’m sure we’ll sign a dominant right sided centre back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It we sign Felix and JPB, you'd have to think at least one if not both of Ramsey and Diaby would go. With a Duran exit looking imminent and the possibility of Moreno also going, we're most likely looking at £100m of exits still to come - and at least another couple of players - there's every chance we could put double figures in both the "In" and "Out" columns this summer - which is extraordinary.

The spine is mostly being kept in tact except for Luiz, that’s the most important.

There's an argument that says we could do with two more CB's and two more holding midfielders - which makes our current links with attacking players all the more interesting - if we're prioritising those moves, whether out of a footballing or financial desire to do so, then it would suggest that there's a plan in place that won't really be visible for a few weeks yet.

The summer so far has been exciting, but if the season started tomorrow, it'd be quite worrying - if the rest of the summer produces though and we strengthen in the areas we need to, we can look forward to an exciting season and maybe, depending on the types of players we sign, a very exciting future.

It's high risk, parts of it look like the plan Chelsea have but being carried out by smart people, but the potential reward is there. 

I suspect I'll be a lot happier in a couple of weeks!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

The spine is mostly being kept in tact except for Luiz, that’s the most important.

Yes and I feel we signed Barkley and we will also move Tielemans back from the 10 position to play regularly as a CM. So we have mitigated that well with Tielemans very capable imo in that role (Tielemans goal creating actions per 90 are absurd top 1%). He's also a brilliant passer and progressive passer. He'll be perfect in there as the regular in Luiz's place.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â