Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

"Diaby Transfer" - 2 points I think about this:

* I don't think we should sell him (Diaby) as we will have Buendia return to the squad when both of them played together, they were very brilliant combined (both switch each other False 9/No.10 with Winger) to confuse defenders; this reason why they were best combined in pre-season they can't deal with them.

* But if we sell Diaby I think it is a good move due to bringing balance and options as we will have JPB to play "Mirror" our standard "Emery" Formation (Right to Left) Pace at Right (Bailey / Diaby play here and less effect as no Buendia support him) to Pace at Left (JPB). Depends on the opponent's full-back weak link.

Emery Prefer tactic;
No.10 & Wide Midfield - Pace Winger & 2-Forward 
Ramsey(or Roger)-JPB / Buendia-Bailey(or Diaby)

"We need a sign?" 

we have; 
Goalkeeper
Goalkeeper - 2 and youth (Matrinez & Gauci, Olsen)
(Olsen - sell him or keep, replacement better back up GK as not sure about Gauci)

DEFENDER
Attack Full Back - R (Cash & Kosta, KHH) + L (Maatsen, Moreno, Dignes, Sousa)
(keep or sell Cash, I would keep Cash until we find 1st choice replacement for him) (Sell Dignes - i would or Moreno - i would keep, Both?) 

Centre Half - R (Konsa, Carlos) + L (Mings, Pau, Hause)
(we should play Konsa as the first choice pair Mings/Pau) (Sell Hause) sign 1 future centre half, maybe Carlos if we find better replacement for him  be fair as him, Carlos good CH yet un-consist (Hot and cold) defender plus he is risk to sent off or get pen by his mistake)

Emery occasions like play Strong Full Back " act as 3 Centre Half and play as Full Back"

DL - Mings (would better for this roles compare to Pau) / Pau
DR - Konsa / Carlos

MIDFIELD

DM: Kamara + Enzo + Denko (Sell him)
CM: Tielemans + Barkley (+ McGinn + Ramsey)
AM/RM: Roger + Ramsey + Buendia
AM/LM: McGinn + Bailey (New AM is needed)
RW/FW: Diaby + Samuel Iling Jr (+Bailey)
LW/FW: JPB + (New LW/FW is need)

For that reason, I think it best to let Bailey or Diaby for funds to better AM/LM or LW/FW right foot and also fill squad number as limited * Loop - use Youth for the chance to grab to future keep Bailey and Diaby see "Diaby" ^ ^ 

Forward
ST: Watkins + Archer (new Sign)
FW: Bailey + Diaby + JPB + SLJ 

Cost effective if we use Diaby as forward until we find sign proper new ST back or challenge Watkins?

we need to sign a strong ST to challenge Watkins even I would give Archer a chance with the best creativity, and I'm sure he will score better than he plays with elite/very good creativity to feed him with lots of chances. compared to the loan club which is not level as we have better force.

Recommendation we need:
* 1x GK-BU - Low Priority
* 1x CH-R - High Priority
* 1x CH-(R/L/E) - Low Priority
* 1x RB 1st Choice - High Priority
* 1x AM - Low Priority
* 1x LW/FW - Med Priority
* 1x ST - High Priority

Sell: Olsen, Denko, Duran (he wants to leave for Starter), Hause, Maybe Carlos?

"Problem"
we might not have Martinez and Konsa, and Watkins will have due extra rest in the missing early season or join up late pre-season. I think we will be ok with this i think they will use just the last friendly match season to warm up, as they already know Emery's style or update them via video tactical brief? 

Great to have you back Danny 😀 great post. Forum much better when you post! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Leicester have apparently made an offer for Soule for €25 + 5m. For that price why could he not have been included in the Luiz deal?

Offer doesn’t mean accepted 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Leicester have apparently made an offer for Soule for €25 + 5m. For that price why could he not have been included in the Luiz deal?

I've offered £12 and a packet of ready salted crisps for a night with Scarlett Johansson. For that price, she should include Margot Robbie in the deal as well.

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I've offered £12 and a packet of ready salted crisps for a night with Scarlett Johansson. For that price, she should include Margot Robbie in the deal as well.

FFS.

I'm going to have to go back and rethink my bid now.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

add a pinch of chewing baccy and your in 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Time to play a prediction game 

Star player, good player, flop or Finn Azaz

which one is which? 

The guys facing forwards will all be useful or important players and get minutes, the guy facing to the side will be sent out on loan.

53 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think it would have been a case of Juve thinking they'd get better value by selling him separately. Iling-Junior, we were happy to pay the going rate because we'd actually been tracking him, the 2nd player in the swap was always going to be someone we thought could be useful, they thought was surplus to requirements and they couldn't get value out of, and the player was happy to agree to the move. 

Really it's some great business that we ended up with Enzo who plays a position we need and might be good. I think it helped that they'd let Rabiot go, Alcaraz was going back to Southampton, but they'd got Enzo, Luiz, Thuram and Arthur all coming back in to the squad. They were already stacked in midfield and the competition was only getting more stiff. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

which one is which? 

Enzo = star, Ned = good, Illing Jr = flop (only because I had to choose one. I think he'll be solid...) and Dobbin = Finn Azaz

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

which one is which? 

Wish the club would make a fecking signing.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

which one is which? 

£100m of PSR profit in 2 or 3 years time.  I don’t understand this player thing you talk about, these are just assets for future PSR profit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

which one is which? 

Snog, marry, avoid, Finn Azaz 😊

So replaced Luiz with Barkley
Replaced Diaby with Philogene

Anyone think these are both downgrades? 

Still plenty of time yet so i'm not worried.

Edited by Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

So replaced Luiz with Barkley
Replaced Diaby with Philogene

Anyone think these are both downgrades? 

Still plenty of time yet so i'm not worried.

Yes but I think we're just getting our financial ducks in a line to go out and get the main target/targets imo.  Everyone at the club is striving to go forward imo

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â