Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do we have confidence in a Pau and Konsa CB partnership in the main?

We have Mings back but, I’d like to see us sign another dominant (particularly in the air, yet still good with his feet, control and passing) CB. Konsa to continue to play as RB hybrid quite regularly with Maatsen bombing down the left for us.

We must stop conceding so many and so many cheap goals. Got to be harder to score against and beat.

Quite honestly, a lot of our goals are caused by poor tracking of runners through midfield, and from corners either directly or second ball.
Fix that and we'll concede less. But Torres, as great as he is, needs to do some strength work, be stronger in duels.

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Right now, Villa probably has the least amount bomb squad players we ever had

Dendonker, Hause, and Maybe Olsen 

everyone else is either decent, a prospect or new 

Am absolutely loving how we are being run these days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

As below for me, but I believe *atleast* one of Kamara and Mings won't be registered for the Champions League until the next registration window, so there's room to add one to the squad (to cover either of those)

RB - Cash out,  New In

CM - 1x New in

Striker (backup) - Archer, Duran out, 1x New in

GK - Olsen out, New in

CB - last priority, 1x New in, maybe Carlos out depending on Mings.

Almost doable, unfortunately Archer is taking up a Club trained spot, having him out only frees up room for another club trained player 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Archer was contractually obliged from what we understand.

So you're basically not happy with signing Philogene and selling Diaby... two things which haven't even actually happened  :D 

No because Diaby is far better so again we are weakening once more 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

ONE.  We've taken back one player, Archer, and he counts as homegrown so doesn't fill a squad A-list space.

Philogene is basically back too lets not get too technical 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Philogene is basically back too lets not get too technical 

If you check out the Philogene thread or a couple of pages back in this thread, you'll see that the latest is that he prefers to choose a club where he will be first choice.  So as it stands it's unlikely he joins us.    

But even if he did join us, he doesn't take a squad space as he also counts as homegrown!

"Diaby Transfer" - 2 points I think about this:

* I don't think we should sell him (Diaby) as we will have Buendia return to the squad when both of them played together, they were very brilliant combined (both switch each other False 9/No.10 with Winger) to confuse defenders; this reason why they were best combined in pre-season they can't deal with them.

* But if we sell Diaby I think it is a good move due to bringing balance and options as we will have JPB to play "Mirror" our standard "Emery" Formation (Right to Left) Pace at Right (Bailey / Diaby play here and less effect as no Buendia support him) to Pace at Left (JPB). Depends on the opponent's full-back weak link.

Emery Prefer tactic;
No.10 & Wide Midfield - Pace Winger & 2-Forward 
Ramsey(or Roger)-JPB / Buendia-Bailey(or Diaby)

"We need a sign?" 

we have; 
Goalkeeper
Goalkeeper - 2 and youth (Matrinez & Gauci, Olsen)
(Olsen - sell him or keep, replacement better back up GK as not sure about Gauci)

DEFENDER
Attack Full Back - R (Cash & Kosta, KHH) + L (Maatsen, Moreno, Dignes, Sousa)
(keep or sell Cash, I would keep Cash until we find 1st choice replacement for him) (Sell Dignes - i would or Moreno - i would keep, Both?) 

Centre Half - R (Konsa, Carlos) + L (Mings, Pau, Hause)
(we should play Konsa as the first choice pair Mings/Pau) (Sell Hause) sign 1 future centre half, maybe Carlos if we find better replacement for him  be fair as him, Carlos good CH yet un-consist (Hot and cold) defender plus he is risk to sent off or get pen by his mistake)

Emery occasions like play Strong Full Back " act as 3 Centre Half and play as Full Back"

DL - Mings (would better for this roles compare to Pau) / Pau
DR - Konsa / Carlos

MIDFIELD

DM: Kamara + Enzo + Denko (Sell him)
CM: Tielemans + Barkley (+ McGinn + Ramsey)
AM/RM: Roger + Ramsey + Buendia
AM/LM: McGinn + Bailey (New AM is needed)
RW/FW: Diaby + Samuel Iling Jr (+Bailey)
LW/FW: JPB + (New LW/FW is need)

For that reason, I think it best to let Bailey or Diaby for funds to better AM/LM or LW/FW right foot and also fill squad number as limited * Loop - use Youth for the chance to grab to future keep Bailey and Diaby see "Diaby" ^ ^ 

Forward
ST: Watkins + Archer (new Sign)
FW: Bailey + Diaby + JPB + SLJ 

Cost effective if we use Diaby as forward until we find sign proper new ST back or challenge Watkins?

we need to sign a strong ST to challenge Watkins even I would give Archer a chance with the best creativity, and I'm sure he will score better than he plays with elite/very good creativity to feed him with lots of chances. compared to the loan club which is not level as we have better force.

Recommendation we need:
* 1x GK-BU - Low Priority
* 1x CH-R - High Priority
* 1x CH-(R/L/E) - Low Priority
* 1x RB 1st Choice - High Priority
* 1x AM - Low Priority
* 1x LW/FW - Med Priority
* 1x ST - High Priority

Sell: Olsen, Denko, Duran (he wants to leave for Starter), Hause, Maybe Carlos?

"Problem"
we might not have Martinez and Konsa, and Watkins will have due extra rest in the missing early season or join up late pre-season. I think we will be ok with this i think they will use just the last friendly match season to warm up, as they already know Emery's style or update them via video tactical brief? 

• Like 1

Just now, Danny_Villaman84 said:

"Diaby Transfer" - 2 points I think about this:

* I don't think we should sell him (Diaby) as we will have Buendia return to the squad when both of them played together, they were very brilliant combined (both switch each other False 9/No.10 with Winger) to confuse defenders; this reason why they were best combined in pre-season they can't deal with them.

* But if we sell Diaby I think it is a good move due to bringing balance and options as we will have JPB to play "Mirror" our standard "Emery" Formation (Right to Left) Pace at Right (Bailey / Diaby play here and less effect as no Buendia support him) to Pace at Left (JPB). Depends on the opponent's full-back weak link.

Emery Prefer tactic;
No.10 & Wide Midfield - Pace Winger & 2-Forward 
Ramsey(or Roger)-JPB / Buendia-Bailey(or Diaby)

"We need a sign?" 

we have; 
Goalkeeper
Goalkeeper - 2 and youth (Matrinez & Gauci, Olsen)
(Olsen - sell him or keep, replacement better back up GK as not sure about Gauci)

DEFENDER
Attack Full Back - R (Cash & Kosta, KHH) + L (Maatsen, Moreno, Dignes, Sousa)
(keep or sell Cash, I would keep Cash until we find 1st choice replacement for him) (Sell Dignes - i would or Moreno - i would keep, Both?) 

Centre Half - R (Konsa, Carlos) + L (Mings, Pau, Hause)
(we should play Konsa as the first choice pair Mings/Pau) (Sell Hause) sign 1 future centre half, maybe Carlos if we find better replacement for him  be fair as him, Carlos good CH yet un-consist (Hot and cold) defender plus he is risk to sent off or get pen by his mistake)

Emery occasions like play Strong Full Back " act as 3 Centre Half and play as Full Back"

DL - Mings (would better for this roles compare to Pau) / Pau
DR - Konsa / Carlos

MIDFIELD

DM: Kamara + Enzo + Denko (Sell him)
CM: Tielemans + Barkley (+ McGinn + Ramsey)
AM/RM: Roger + Ramsey + Buendia
AM/LM: McGinn + Bailey (New AM is needed)
RW/FW: Diaby + Samuel Iling Jr (+Bailey)
LW/FW: JPB + (New LW/FW is need)

For that reason, I think it best to let Bailey or Diaby for funds to better AM/LM or LW/FW right foot and also fill squad number as limited * Loop - use Youth for the chance to grab to future keep Bailey and Diaby see "Diaby" ^ ^ 

Forward
ST: Watkins + Archer (new Sign)
FW: Bailey + Diaby + JPB + SLJ 

Cost effective if we use Diaby as forward until we find sign proper new ST back or challenge Watkins?

we need to sign a strong ST to challenge Watkins even I would give Archer a chance with the best creativity, and I'm sure he will score better than he plays with elite/very good creativity to feed him with lots of chances. compared to the loan club which is not level as we have better force.

Recommendation we need:
* 1x GK-BU - Low Priority
* 1x CH-R - High Priority
* 1x CH-(R/L/E) - Low Priority
* 1x RB 1st Choice - High Priority
* 1x AM - Low Priority
* 1x LW/FW - Med Priority
* 1x ST - High Priority

Sell: Olsen, Denko, Duran (he wants to leave for Starter), Hause, Maybe Carlos?

"Problem"
we might not have Martinez and Konsa, and Watkins will have due extra rest in the missing early season or join up late pre-season. I think we will be ok with this i think they will use just the last friendly match season to warm up, as they already know Emery's style or update them via video tactical brief? 

That’s more than 2.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RicRic said:

As skillful as bidace is i think he is too lightweight atm for this league

No he isn't. The player of the season last year is basically a 5 stone Capuchin monkey skeleton.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

We’re gonna be lucky if we avoid relegation if we keep on weakening the squad 

Emery out for me.  Just not improving the side at all!

Just now, MSvillain said:
18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Emery out for me.  Just not improving the side at all!

That Monchi guy can go too, sick of it 

Jeez that means we have to say that Chris Heck is the best thing ever 😂

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â