Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Jacob Tanswell also quoted as saying "A top class centre midfielder to replace Douglas Luiz is quite pressing" when asked if there was any other transfer news to note on 1874 Podcast.

"Rangy, athletic, box to box and good defensively are what Villa are looking at."

Sounds like Onana to me.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

All this chopping and changing serves as further reminder that unai achieved what he did with a largely inherited team

Can't help but make you excited for the future

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is there a way we could get both (or players like) Baena and Felix into our team?

Baena can play across the wings or as a 10. Ramsey can pivot to central midfield too. 

If, and that’s a big if, Felix to me comes in as a second striker and rotates with Rogers 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think so without selling Ramsey. 

Not on board with that, but I meant how/would they both fit into our lineup?

Or would it have to be one or the other?

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

All this chopping and changing serves as further reminder that unai achieved what he did with a largely inherited team

Can't help but make you excited for the future

Yep, feel the same. Seems like Monchi is trying to help him build a team/squad more to his style and liking now. Stronger, to do well in both league and CL (and maybe fare better in the domestic cups too).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not on board with that, but I meant how/would they both fit into our lineup?

Or would it have to be one or the other?

The club has said multiple times that JJ isn’t going anywhere. They will find a way to bring in players whilst rotating our established name. It’s going to be a lot of game time. We need bodies. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Baena can play across the wings or as a 10. Ramsey can pivot to central midfield too. 

If, and that’s a big if, Felix to me comes in as a second striker and rotates with Rogers 

I don’t think JJ has what it takes for CM, especially in our side and style. Much more suited to LM and has/can thrive(d) there, especially with his ball carrying ability.

Posted (edited)

If you sell Diaby you should buy a true striker to play alongside Watkins. Santiago Gimenez could be a top signing. Plus you need a rb and a replacement for Douglas. 

Dibu

Kayode or Zappacosta (Cash)

Konsa (new young cb) 

Mings (Torres) 

Maatsen (Digné)

Bailey (Mc Ginn, Buendia) 

Kamara (Enzo) 

O Riley (Tielemans, Barkley) 

Philogene (Ramsey, Iling) 

Watkins (Duran) 

Jimenez (Rogers) 

This is a realistic and very good team.

And if you have the money you could add a top rcb (Todibo) and a number 10 (Joao Felix). 

Edited by jigen

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The club has said multiple times that JJ isn’t going anywhere. They will find a way to bring in players whilst rotating our established name. It’s going to be a lot of game time. We need bodies. 

Yeah, I’m not even thinking of a JJ sale, I know he is highly valued by Unai. Many of us rate and like him too, plenty more to offer (over many years) and his value will skyrocket with a decent run of games.

Wasn’t even thinking of him in my original question.

Basically, how many new attacking/creative players can we stick in that first 11?

I’m happy to have at least 2 good options for every position, we need it really.

Edited by Jas10

Do we have confidence in a Pau and Konsa CB partnership in the main?

We have Mings back but, I’d like to see us sign another dominant (particularly in the air, yet still good with his feet, control and passing) CB. Konsa to continue to play as RB hybrid quite regularly with Maatsen bombing down the left for us.

We must stop conceding so many and so many cheap goals. Got to be harder to score against and beat.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I’m not even thinking of a JJ sale, I know he is highly valued by Unai. Many of us rate and like him too, plenty more to value and his value will skyrocket with a decent run of games.

Wasn’t even thinking of him in my original question.

Basically, how many new attacking/creative players can we stick in that first 11?

I’m happy to have at least 2 good options for every position, we need it really.

That’s a fair question. If we look at the minutes last season, the shortcomings in our squad thanks to injuries and a lack of depth meant that we had 

Ollie, Ezri, Dibu, Dougie and McGinn clocking over 3,000 minutes. Core parts of our squad but as we saw, we had Digne, Pau, Moussa and Matty and Leon registering over 2,000 minutes each in the league. That’s so much game time before we begin looking at cups. With a bench of 5 now we will be buying to build quality squad options where names can still play. Plus, creating space for youth names. Next season is going to be very long also so it’s about addressing the quality gaps so we can also rotate more - not out of necessity but the luxury of a better squad. 

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Right now, Villa probably has the least amount bomb squad players we ever had

Dendonker, Hause, and Maybe Olsen 

everyone else is either decent, a prospect or new 

and technically Coutinho again next summer. 

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do we have confidence in a Pau and Konsa CB partnership in the main?

We have Mings back but, I’d like to see us sign another dominant (particularly in the air, yet still good with his feet, control and passing) CB. Konsa to continue to play as RB hybrid quite regularly with Maatsen bombing down the left for us.

We must stop conceding so many and so many cheap goals. Got to be harder to score against and beat.

Ive probably seen you write this 88 times 😂 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

We are taking back too many old players, filling up the squad spaces with players that are not ready to play at the highest level

ONE.  We've taken back one player, Archer, and he counts as homegrown so doesn't fill a squad A-list space.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0487.jpg

that’s our CL squad. With Dendonker, Hause, Chambers, Moreno (or Digne), Dobbin, Kosta and one of the goalies being unregistered to play. 

So, where are we weak? And who are we dropping/selling to make room? 

As below for me, but I believe *atleast* one of Kamara and Mings won't be registered for the Champions League until the next registration window, so there's room to add one to the squad (to cover either of those)

RB - Cash out,  New In

CM - 1x New in

Striker (backup) - Archer, Duran out, 1x New in

GK - Olsen out, New in

CB - last priority, 1x New in, maybe Carlos out depending on Mings.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â