Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

No no, we are strengthening, but we are going about it in a very chaotic way. It almost seems a bit toooo chaotic. We all know that making a massive amount of changes to a squad tends to lead to a poor season as players take time to settle and adapt. 

As a side note, Posters need to stop getting so angry when people share their opinions on a public forum. If the poster you are replying to has a thought, let them share it without name calling or calling their posts ‘excruciating’. You don’t have to respond to it. 

We've had to settle things based on a PSR requirement before 30 June which has seen us lose Douglas Luiz and a deal has been put in place with Juventus to get this through.  Outside of meeting this financial requirement, how has our strengthening been "very chaotic"?

We've identified a need for a new left back and have brought in a player who was in the Champions League Team Of The Season last time round.
We were light in midfield rotation last season (mentioned many a time on here) and have brought in Barkley as an experienced midfielder on the cheap.

Which bit was too chaotic?

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Calm down dear. We are all here to express our opinions, of course we'll all differ on how we feel. If you find my posts "excruciating" then feel free not to comment on them, ta.

On the latter part in bold and this quote; exactly, it's a forum for discussing.  When a poster is quite obviously overly negative and posts on and on and on about it then of course people will respond.  I'm expressing my opinion that the constant negative banging on about a transfer window that is barely 2 weeks old and has seen not many clubs do anything because there are some major International tournaments going on is tiresome.

Don't want me to comment on it?  Don't post.

(That's how it works, right?)

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Mate, with all due respect, it’s only 12 July. The window is open for several weeks yet. Judge it then, not now. 

I think you've misread ;) 

• Like 1

Top quality centre mid. (Don’t know)
Top quality no.10 (Baena, Felix)
Top quality right back (Kayode)
Tall, fast quality centre half. (Todibo, Araujo)
Philogene
Back up left back if Digne and Moreno leave. (Don’t know)
Young striker who can play deeper. (Semih)

Job done on ins.

Diaby, Duran, Cash, Digne, Moreno, Carlos can leave on top of those that have already gone. A loan for Mings and Buendia could be considered to get them back on track should we be able to do some good deals.

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So, who you’re selling?

im assuming it’s Cash, Olsen, Mcginn and Duran out for a CF, GK, RM, RB (like for like) 

and loans to cover Kamara/Mings?

Whoever we can.

If it's a question of freeing a spot up with Diaby sale to sign a CM, we probably have to do it.

Cash I'd want decent money. Over £25m probably. He's an idiot, but he's useful. Again though, if selling him frees up a spot to sign a back-up striker, we probably will have to do it as we have Konsa, Ned, KKH who can do the job and we don't have anyone particularly who can play up front if Ollie is out.

Wouldn't sell McGinn. No way. People like him crucial if we're having a big churn elsewhere.

Duran will go. And score against us first game. Hopefully in a 5-1 win.

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can't listen right now, but this is for anyone that can.

Neither of them actually know anything, just sharing thoughts. They don’t “expect” him to return to Villa and spoke about the 30% sale percentage.

Again, I don’t think Dan knows half as much as he tends to suggest.

Nothing factual there. Don’t know exactly what’s happening with Diaby either.

We saw insta posts from Villa players apparently welcoming Jaden back yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Chambers is gone, we are doing well in moving on players who won’t be involved/important. Moved on Sanson, Coutinho, Iroegbunam already.

Duran, Dendoncker, Archer and Hause (maybe loan) left… anyone else?

Depends on offers for more valued/important players like Digne, Moreno, Cash, Carlos… at least one of the LBs will presumably leave. If we can get Lucas’ wages off our books, that would help.

Would like to see Olsen leave and be replaced but doubt there are any takers.

Freed up a good amount of wages now…

-

Can’t wait for the incomings…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Chambers is gone, we are doing well in moving on players who won’t be involved.

Dendoncker, Archer and Hause left… anyone else?

Depends on offers for more valued/important players like Digne, Moreno, Cash, Carlos…

Would like to see Olsen leave and be replaced but doubt there are any takers.

Freed up a good amount of wages now…

-

Can’t wait for the incomings…

Duran will be next

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91kyxl6taqikyifszbhf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We've had to settle things based on a PSR requirement before 30 June which has seen us lose Douglas Luiz and a deal has been put in place with Juventus to get this through.  Outside of meeting this financial requirement, how has our strengthening been "very chaotic"?

We've identified a need for a new left back and have brought in a player who was in the Champions League Team Of The Season last time round.
We were light in midfield rotation last season (mentioned many a time on here) and have brought in Barkley as an experienced midfielder on the cheap.

Which bit was too chaotic?

On the latter part in bold and this quote; exactly, it's a forum for discussing.  When a poster is quite obviously overly negative and posts on and on and on about it then of course people will respond.  I'm expressing my opinion that the constant negative banging on about a transfer window that is barely 2 weeks old and has seen not many clubs do anything because there are some major International tournaments going on is tiresome.

Don't want me to comment on it?  Don't post.

(That's how it works, right?)

For me it’s the re-acquisitions of Archer and Philogene. The two we brought in from Juve doesn’t feel overly thought out. We decided to go for Enzo because (whilst he looks a talent) Mckennie was causing issues about coming to us. Let’s be honest nobody here wanted McKennie anyway. Maatsen is the only signing that really makes sense so far. Barkley is a good squad addition, but I don’t see it as an improvement on what we had necessarily. 

Then we have the rumours of selling Diaby who has only been with us for a season. 

It’s all a bit mad. 

For clarity - the window opened on the 14th June, so coming up to 1 month.  

• Like 1

Loan out Sousa, Kesler, Dobbin.

Maybe loan Gauci? If we get a good backup keeper in. Or Sinisalo to take his place in the squad?

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Duran will be next

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91kyxl6taqikyifszbhf

Oh of course 🤦‍♂️ 

Dunno if Diaby goes… but if he does then hopefully we get plenty of 💰💰💰

Just now, Tayls said:

For me it’s the re-acquisitions of Archer and Philogene. The two we brought in from Juve doesn’t feel overly thought out. We decided to go for Enzo because (whilst he looks a talent) Mckennie was causing issues about coming to us. Let’s be honest nobody here wanted McKennie anyway. Maatsen is the only signing that really makes sense so far. Barkley is a good squad addition, but I don’t see it as an improvement on what we had necessarily. 

Then we have the rumours of selling Diaby who has only been with us for a season. 

It’s all a bit mad. 

Archer was contractually obliged from what we understand.

So you're basically not happy with signing Philogene and selling Diaby... two things which haven't even actually happened  :D 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It’s all a bit mad. 

The Euros are a major factor in the transfer business. 

Archer was always coming back, it’s not an acquisition in the traditional sense and is very likely going to be sold this window 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Oh of course 🤦‍♂️ 

Dunno if Diaby goes… but if he does then hopefully we get plenty of 💰💰💰

Things are definitely moving with Diaby. 

him and Duran out will give us nice money and room for the “big improvements”

37 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I honestly wouldn't respond. It's the same posters who post the same worriesome/negative posts irrespective of anything.

If we win the league this season. They'll be the same next summer criticising the club/management and the decisions being made.

I remember the Rogers tears because Spurs signed Werner who showed up our ambition and would cement top 4

• Like 2

Jacob Tanswell also quoted as saying "A top class centre midfielder to replace Douglas Luiz is quite pressing" when asked if there was any other transfer news to note on 1874 Podcast.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Top quality centre mid. (Don’t know)
Top quality no.10 (Baena, Felix)
Top quality right back (Kayode)
Tall, fast quality centre half. (Todibo, Araujo)
Philogene
Back up left back if Digne and Moreno leave. (Don’t know)
Young striker who can play deeper. (Semih)

Job done on ins.

Diaby, Duran, Cash, Digne, Moreno, Carlos can leave on top of those that have already gone. A loan for Mings and Buendia could be considered to get them back on track should we be able to do some good deals.

Is there a way we could get both (or players like) Baena and Felix into our team?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â