Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But those teams haven't sold anyone key. We've sold Luiz a key player, Diaby possibly off which whatever you think of him as a player he basically played in every game last season either starting or off the bench, and even Duran would be a loss because he is the perfect backup striker to Ollie and has the potential to be a world class player. 

That's why we're not excited. The only player we have signed so far that has excited me is Maatsen and we could be losing three players from the first team squad. That clearly isn't strengthening. 

I understand all this but do you not have faith in our ownership, management & recruitment to correct this? This isn't Doug Ellis and Martin O'Neill anymore 

18 minutes ago, burchy said:

Or Rodgers as I think he’d make a decent centre forward at a push. 

I don't think Emery wants him to play there though, he'd prefer to work with him in the 10 position coming in off left mid. 

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We then have a new contingent of 5 players who need to learn, adapt and prove themselves in the Premier League. 

Barrenechea, Iling Junior, Philogene, Dobbin, Nedeljkovic, Gauci 

In total if we make 4 new signings and Moreno, Chambers, Dendonker, Duran, Olsen, Duran move on

We'll have a squad of 22 first teamers (with 2 out injured) and 6 up and coming players. That means 28 players and only 25 allowed in PL squad

duran-duran-john-taylor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Iling Junior, Nedeljkovic and Dobbin are u21 players as born on or after 1 Jan 2023 so that means are allowed on second list so we can have 28 players

I think the Euros have proved that if you’re good enough you’re old enough.

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

I wouldn't exactly cite Lamine Yamal as par for the course, seeing that there have been only a handful of players in footballing history who were as accomplished as him at that age. 

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

Is that you, Mike Bassett?

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wouldn't exactly cite Lamine Yamal as par for the course, seeing that there have been absolutely no players in footballing history who were as accomplished as him at that age. 

This, more like. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This, more like. 

Was talking about this with friends. We could name Pele, Rooney, Fabregas as players of a similar age who had that sort of impact. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The plan won't be to sell Luiz, replace him with Barkley then ship out Diaby and Duran and do nothing.

I find your posts **** excruciating to be honest - the transfer window is barely open and next to no-one has done any business, yet Aston Villa are NOT STRENGTHENING.

No no, we are strengthening, but we are going about it in a very chaotic way. It almost seems a bit toooo chaotic. We all know that making a massive amount of changes to a squad tends to lead to a poor season as players take time to settle and adapt. 

As a side note, Posters need to stop getting so angry when people share their opinions on a public forum. If the poster you are replying to has a thought, let them share it without name calling or calling their posts ‘excruciating’. You don’t have to respond to it. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The plan won't be to sell Luiz, replace him with Barkley then ship out Diaby and Duran and do nothing.

I find your posts **** excruciating to be honest - the transfer window is barely open and next to no-one has done any business, yet Aston Villa are NOT STRENGTHENING.

Calm down dear. We are all here to express our opinions, of course we'll all differ on how we feel. If you find my posts "excruciating" then feel free not to comment on them, ta.

2 hours ago, zak said:

I understand all this but do you not have faith in our ownership, management & recruitment to correct this? This isn't Doug Ellis and Martin O'Neill anymore 

I have faith in Unai's coaching which got us top 4 and want him to have the tools needed to go for top 4 again next season and have a good run in the Champions League. 

Hopefully he will be able to do that. 

I think its ok to say you havent been entirely convinced about how we are looking at as a team right now. But its also a valid point that the window hasnt shut yet so plenty of time for that to change

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wouldn't exactly cite Lamine Yamal as par for the course, seeing that there have been only a handful of players in footballing history who were as accomplished as him at that age. 

Bur he’s not born on or after Jan 1st 2023.

Sorry was just a bad joke.

50 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Was talking about this with friends. We could name Pele, Rooney, Fabregas as players of a similar age who had that sort of impact. 

All of those players were world class and incredible talents at a super young age, obviously, but none were rocking out scoring in major tournaments at 16  - but I am being very picky when I say that :D 

Rooney was 18 at Euro 2004

Pele 17 in the 1958 world cup. Did score at 16 for Brazil, but not in a Major tournament. 

Fabregas was 19 when he made his Spanish debut. 

Edited by Steero113

I’m sure one of the objectives for this window and the next couple of windows is to get rid of aging players on high wages and bring in talented younger players on lower wages. Our high wage bill in relation to revenues tells me that.

Hopefully we can do this in a smart way without weakening the team, and even making it stronger in the long run.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its ok to say you havent been entirely convinced about how we are looking at as a team right now. But its also a valid point that the window hasnt shut yet so plenty of time for that to change

i wonder how much the Euros and Copa depress the transfer market, probably quite a lot as many of the top players were recently, or are at the Euros or Copa.

I would guess the transfer market will go in to overdrive next week.

IMG-0487.jpg

that’s our CL squad. With Dendonker, Hause, Chambers, Moreno (or Digne), Dobbin, Kosta and one of the goalies being unregistered to play. 

So, where are we weak? And who are we dropping/selling to make room? 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0487.jpg

that’s our CL squad. With Dendonker, Hause, Chambers, Moreno (or Digne), Dobbin, Kosta and one of the goalies being unregistered to play. 

So, where are we weak? And who are we dropping/selling to make room? 

In order:

CM, RB, CF, GK (depending on Gauci/Sinisalo level), CB, RM.

Despite that, looking at that, McGinn is going to be up against it to keep his place. He's at his best with a fire up his mountainous arse, so I'm looking forward to it.

I think Ned will end up playing a lot of games this season, so he could be the RB already.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â