Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Lewis Ferguson is one I like. But can't see where he fits in and think he will go for £20m+

Hoping, even anticipating, that the moves (sales) we are making are going to set us up to bring in another 2/3 players to genuinely boost and elevate that first 11. CL level quality.

The squad is good for numbers and options but there are more players we can move on and replace… I expect more sales and signings.

We need a stronger team if we want to both finish top 4 again and do well in the CL as is Unai’s intention… again, he doesn’t want this to be “anecdotal”.

We weren’t impressive in a weaker competition last season (ECL), need to be much better this time around.

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, Shay said:

I respect your views mate but we only looked threadbare as you’ve said last season due to Kamara’s absence. We’ve fixed that with the signing of Enzo, whom i really rate. Him and Kamara will compete for one starting place.

That leaves 3 quality players (possibly 4 if we count Ramsey), to compete for the other place. Barkley is almost a like for like replacement for Luiz. Not to mention, Iling Jr and Maatsen could cover if needed to. 

But of course, if Mr Unai thinks we need more quality who can argue with that. 😄

Don't necessarily disagree with you in principle, I guess it's just about how much Unai trusts whoever we've got in.

We shall see!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Lewis Ferguson is one I like. But can't see where he fits in and think he will go for £20m+

He’s out long term with an ACL … 

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’s out long term with an ACL … 

Perfect for us 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If the figures are accurate, €18m is a lot for an 18 year old AND Moreno on loan.

Cheaper than letting someone else get him then having to pay £45-50mill in a couple of seasons if his career trajectory continues 

Moreno being offered on loan suggests that he's not homesick, which is what the original reports suggested when he was linked of a return to Betis, and that he is also definitely on the way out.

Wouldn't be offered unless he was spoken to first (you would assume).

Doesn't necessarily mean Digne is also staying, but that is perhaps more likely of the two players.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Cheaper than letting someone else get him then having to pay £45-50mill in a couple of seasons if his career trajectory continues 

Totally agree with you. I’ve never seen him play, so clearly he’s got huge potential if we are willing to pay that already.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If the figures are accurate, €18m is a lot for an 18 year old AND Moreno on loan.

That would be £15m, and I assume waive the loan fee for Moreno, but if we’re planning to loan him anyway then it could be worth it.

He does seem a talented youngster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Bring me Semih Kılıçsoy now please lord Monchi 

Just the thought of him signing for us is giving me a semih.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â