Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This.

I expect us to sign another CM of a high profile.

Yeah we need a proper CM to replace Dougie. I think Barkley will do very well, but I can’t see him playing 38 PL games this season for us. 

I have no names to suggest, but hopefully Monchi does!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Out there in the fields. He fights for his meals.

Tommi can you hear me?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah we need a proper CM to replace Dougie. I think Barkley will do very well, but I can’t see him playing 38 PL games this season for us. 

I have no names to suggest, but hopefully Monchi does!

I have a few names!

Weiffer and Fofana can be removed though.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope we bring Philogene back, he's had two excellent seasons in the championship. 

We've seen Rogers step up and now this could be another gem.

This could also allow Ramsay to maybe go back to being a cm. 

It would also strengthen our bench. We don't want to be in the same position as last year with limited options on the bench. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I have a few names!

Weiffer and Fofana can be removed though.

Ederson remains my first choice but with all the tweets and rumours of who is or isn't available, I don't know if a push for Zubimendi, Fabian Ruiz or Merino is possible. Once the EUROs are over, I think transfers across the leagues will really start to ramp up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This could also allow Ramsay to maybe go back to being a cm.

Really good point. And might be a way we can get both JJ and Rogers in the team. Also, if Rogers isn't working, JJ isn't really a very different option even when fit. Philogene would give us genuine options.

28 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Let's assume he signed a 5 year deal - this was never confirmed.
There is also the question of the fee - which has a very wide range reported - the BBC reportin €60m, so about £50m

This would mean he has a current 'book value' of £40m - so if we sold for £50m, we would be able to show a £10m profit.

Lot's of IF'S there though

I think the original post was referring to selling Diaby and buying Philogene - at around £12.5m, (assuming 5 years), we would amortise at £2.5m a year, so we'd have about £7.5m of additional wriggle room in year on this basis - plus any differential in salaries, less signing on fees, etc.

Diaby isn't someone we can make a lot of PSR money on.
But he's costing us £10m a year (by my assumptions) in amortisation, so that would help in future years. 

Personally, I think Diaby will come good this season. He wasn't bad last season!

Great post btw.

I understand PSR, i was more calling out the hyperbolic statement that there would be zero PSR benefit from selling Diaby.

Agree, i dont think we will sell him but this move does have me thinking...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Ederson remains my first choice but with all the tweets and rumours of who is or isn't available, I don't know if a push for Zubimendi, Fabian Ruiz or Merino is possible. Once the EUROs are over, I think transfers across the leagues will really start to ramp up

Merino is out of contract next summer so gettable this summer for a fee which if we make reasonable then I say go for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shay said:

It doesn’t matter. My point is, we don’t need another CM. 

I'd say we need six in the squad - for much of last season we played three, that would most likely at the moment be Tielemans, McGinn and Barkley - we have Kamara to come back and Barrenechea as a project - so for me we need one more. We've lost our best midfielder from last season and not yet replaced him and I think it was the position where we were most exposed in terms of depth toward the end of the year - I think at least one more is an absolute  minimum requirement and I'd like to see that one be someone we can expect to start games.

• Like 2

It's weird, if we bring in Philogene, we're overstocked in terms of attacking midfielders and you'd expect one or two to go - Ramsey would be the natural one with the noise around him going to Spurs - but it's hard to see how we'd work around that with the home-grown issues we have for our CL squad. Diaby might go I guess, but perhaps wouldn't be the smartest financially this summer - I can't see us moving on Dobbin, Illing-Junior or Rogers already and from what I can see Bailey is pretty settled - a mystery!

I mean as mysteries go, I'll take having far too many fabulously gifted attacking footballers, it's a nice problem to have - but I wouldn't imagine we'll be able to keep them all happy.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â