Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

55 minutes ago, Isa said:

Nah no chance. Barkley is just the additional layer of cover we needed towards the back end of last season with Luiz still here. 

I disagree. We have enough quality.

If we were signing Philogene for £12.5m after last season, and he wasn’t homegrown, we’d be very excited. This would be a great signing. Absolutely tore the league up last season. 

It does leave us with too many players in attack, so I do expect a couple to go. But I’d be very happy with this. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This.

I expect us to sign another CM of a high profile.

No chance. We already have Tielemens, Mcginn and Barkley. I reckon Ramsey can even play there in the future. 

22 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Tielemans was the Luiz replacement, if you believe Ornstein. We've been planning for this for over a year.

Barkley is cover.

It doesn’t matter. My point is, we don’t need another CM. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

If we were signing Philogene for £12.5m after last season, and he wasn’t homegrown, we’d be very excited. This would be a great signing. Absolutely tore the league up last season. 

It does leave us with too many players in attack, so I do expect a couple to go. But I’d be very happy with this. 

Yeah I hope we get him back, very talented and exciting player. Was really disappointed when we sold him at the beginning of last season.

We are a bit top heavy right now, so guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

IF a stupid bid came in from Saudi for Diaby and we were to replace him with Philogene for a pretty low fee, then had decent money left for a marquee type signing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We resign Philogene, sell Diaby and use that money/squad spot to get the killer CM we all want 

That isn’t how ffp works 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That isn’t how ffp works 🤦‍♂️

Where did I mention ffp in that statement?

or even imply it?

or suggested it?

or tabled an offer to it? 

or even build a table to table the bid? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

IF a stupid bid came in from Saudi for Diaby and we were to replace him with Philogene for a pretty low fee, then had decent money left for a marquee type signing

I don't think we need one...Marquees for Sale - Buy High Quality Marquees Online ;)

Jaden, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Tielemans, Dobbin, Diaby, Iling-Jr, McGinn.

Not sure we have enough players for the 3 forward positions (LM/RM/SS-AM)

need more tbh.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Jaden, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Tielemans, Dobbin, Diaby, Iling-Jr, McGinn.

need more tbh.

Don't forget Rodgers too.

Also, perhaps we see Tielemans and McGinn as CM only next season.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

need more tbh.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Don't forget Rodgers too.

?

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Please expand...

If we sell Diaby for £50m are you saying there is no PSR benefit?

Let's assume he signed a 5 year deal - this was never confirmed.
There is also the question of the fee - which has a very wide range reported - the BBC reportin €60m, so about £50m

This would mean he has a current 'book value' of £40m - so if we sold for £50m, we would be able to show a £10m profit.

Lot's of IF'S there though

I think the original post was referring to selling Diaby and buying Philogene - at around £12.5m, (assuming 5 years), we would amortise at £2.5m a year, so we'd have about £7.5m of additional wriggle room in year on this basis - plus any differential in salaries, less signing on fees, etc.

Diaby isn't someone we can make a lot of PSR money on.
But he's costing us £10m a year (by my assumptions) in amortisation, so that would help in future years. 

Personally, I think Diaby will come good this season. He wasn't bad last season!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â