Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Selling Diaby would be stupid. His numbers were good and he'll probably improve next season like Bailey did

We have a squad that’s already too big. To buy in more players some will need to be sold. If the Saudis want to overspend on Diaby, I’d say yes sell him. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We shouldn’t have sold him but I do worry where he fits into the squad and I hope it doesn’t mean us selling Ramsey. 

Agree, but we weren't in control, the player and his agent were. We did what was best for the club at the time. In fairness he made a decision based on footballing principles and it worked out for him. A loan to Hull for a season would have been better but he wasnt going to sign a new deal and had a year left. The £5m then probably helped at the time too.

He will try and rinse us for high wages due to our need for a club trained player in the CL squad and he has a better chance at being useful than Archer or KKH. 

Don't blame him and hopefully we win his signature. But he tried to move to Germany when he was here and then wanted out again last summer..it wouldn't surprise me if he chose minutes at Ipswich over us

Carney moved believing we would just keep buying players rather than develop our own. He was mostly right tbh, though made an even worse decision for his career. Philogene was inseparable from him and I'd anticipate he atleast has similar views in the back of his mind...but is a bit more astute in that he went to Hull and maybe Ipswich to develop his career.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

He will try and rinse us for high wages due to our need for a club trained player in the CL squad and he has a better chance at being useful than Archer or KKH. 

Don't blame him and hopefully we win his signature. But he tried to move to Germany when he was here and then wanted out again last summer..it wouldn't surprise me if he chose minutes at Ipswich over us

Carney moved believing we would just keep buying players rather than develop our own. He was mostly right tbh, though made an even worse decision for his career. Philogene was inseparable from him and I'd anticipate he atleast has similar views in the back of his mind...but is a bit more astute in that he went to Hull and maybe Ipswich to develop his career.

Athletic reporting that the contract is already signed. It was part of the buy back clause. It’s just up to Jaden if he wants to come back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Personal terms pre agreed

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tayls said:

But we have lost Doug and Kamara will be out for at least half the season… we haven’t replaced them at all… we are literally weaker in the key area of the team than we were when the season ended. 

Barkley is Luiz’s replacement. Enzo will cover Kamara till he comes back. I’m not worried. We performed better second half of the season when Tielemens was our starting CM. We didn’t missed Luiz. The only player we missed was Kamara and now we have a cover for him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Its a no brainer for me. Keep him around 18m HGP as well helps as massively.

He seems to have improved massively too. Be good cover/competition for leon too

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

Barkley is Luiz’s replacement. Enzo will cover Kamara till he comes back. I’m not worried. We performed better second half of the season when Tielemens was our starting CM. We didn’t missed Luiz. The only player we missed was Kamara and now we have a cover for him. 

Nah no chance. Barkley is just the additional layer of cover we needed towards the back end of last season with Luiz still here. 

• Like 1

I guess the sell on clause is the reason for the low £5m fee that we agreed with Hull. If UE wants him back, then who are we to doubt him? It does also show players that leave us on those sort of transfer deals, that there really is a potential route back to us, if they progress at the club that they move to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Isa said:

Nah no chance. Barkley is just the additional layer of cover we needed towards the back end of last season with Luiz still here. 

This.

I expect us to sign another CM of a high profile.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm pretty satisfied. Easy to forget we have lots of excellent players in key positions already so if we don't get as many injuries as last season we already have crazy depth in nearly all squad positions, just down the right hand side where we're a bit light.

I agree. Re-signing Philogene will solve that. We just need a back up striker if Duran leaves. 

Phiolgene, IMO, is the next Olise/Eze type player. 

If we don't get him back now, we can watch in a few years when he's being banded about for £60mill upwards and regret it. 

51 minutes ago, macandally said:

Given the interest, I am guessing Villa will buy him back at reduced market value, look at him pre-season then likely loan him to either Everton/Ipswich for the season to cover his cost and give his market value a chance to double again. 

Next season he either comes back because he has been awesome, or we sell for full fat PSR based on the fact he is homegrown.

Like a properly run club thinking strategically! 

This is the first thing that has made sense to me with this deal.  Well played.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shay said:

Tielemans was the Luiz replacement, if you believe Ornstein. We've been planning for this for over a year.

Barkley is cover.

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You never miss! #Guru.

You may bow in front of greatness. 😂

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â