Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

why is there more to it than meets the eye!?

What is the super sekret thing that more than we think Mr Bardell!?

Do we have a sell on clause?  Maybe we think Hull are trying a fly one and are jacking up the price?

Going by the Tanswell piece in the NY Times, it sounds more like a buy-back clause that is activated automatically when Hull accept a bid. 30% sell on deducted too making it pretty good business. 

Question now is have we activated it with the view of bringing him into the side for the coming season, or done it with a view to selling him on straight away or even a year or two?

Let's see. 

Can't be often a club has 4 players potentially competing for the same position in U-21 national side. Rodgers, Philogene, Illing-Jr and Dobbin all possible LW hopefuls. Interesting strategy.

Given the interest, I am guessing Villa will buy him back at reduced market value, look at him pre-season then likely loan him to either Everton/Ipswich for the season to cover his cost and give his market value a chance to double again. 

Next season he either comes back because he has been awesome, or we sell for full fat PSR based on the fact he is homegrown.

Like a properly run club thinking strategically! 

• Like 1

We can’t say that following Villa is boring.  Some 3D chess so far this window with plenty more to happen and I’m over here playing Buckaroo.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Given the interest, I am guessing Villa will buy him back at reduced market value, look at him pre-season then likely loan him to either Everton/Ipswich for the season to cover his cost and give his market value a chance to double again. 

Next season he either comes back because he has been awesome, or we sell for full fat PSR based on the fact he is homegrown.

Like a properly run club thinking strategically! 

Yeah but will JPB agree to that?  He played really well last preseason and then he wanted to leave because it looked like he wasn’t going to get game time.  Nothing suggests that has changed so why would he say yes to coming back.  If I was in his camp I would be looking at which PL club is going to give me good game time to help with the next stage in his career.  He probably won’t want that decision in the hands of Villa as per your first paragraph otherwise he would’ve stayed here last year like Emery wanted.

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Bring back the Philogene v Bailey thread

That one is done.

Fire up the Philogene v Diaby/Buendia/Rogers/JJ/Iling-JR/Dobbin thread.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Agree and expected the response in relation to Olmo (wouldn’t you love to see us try though? 😆).

There are plenty of other options, some that could be at a similar level or the potential (Baena?) to be. I’ve never experienced or seen us be able to actually target/pursue the calibre of player we can now, to actually be able to attract such signings. Bloody exciting!

I have in the early 80's when we could have had our pick of the best players in the UK and abroad. Sadly we had a chairman that didn't want to write the cheques back then. This time we have owners that would love to, but PSR stops them doing it. Talking of HDE, I heard Brian Little's interview on "The Holy Trinity" podcast (well worth a listen, by the way) and he refers to Danny Blind coming to Villa Park to sign for us from Ajax, but being embarrassed, as he knew our chairman had no intention of going through with the deal, because he had told Brian, he only wanted to meet him, rather than sign him. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We can’t say that following Villa is boring.  Some 3D chess so far this window with plenty more to happen and I’m over here playing Buckaroo.

Just wondering how previous recruitment staff at Villa would be struggling to make sense of the deals and moves Monchi is making…

spacer.png

Wyness just pretending to know, when he hasn’t the faintest idea:

spacer.png

Faulkner would be completely lost:

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just wondering how previous recruitment staff at Villa would be struggling to make sense of the deals and moves Monchi is making…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Faulkner would be completely lost:

spacer.png

We've employed some real dross over the years (managers included). So good to be in competent and ambitious hands

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Every time I see this photo I see something new. This time its the tiny little booklet left open under his monitor: presumably a copy of ‘how to run a football club for dummies’

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

We've employed some real dross over the years (managers included). So good to be in competent and ambitious hands

So much, particularly the managers, it’s been so embarrassing and a bit disgraceful too.

At least that’s all over now, never known us to be in such a good place and I firmly believe we have the best manager and owners ever!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Every time I see this photo I see something new. This time its the tiny little booklet left open under his monitor: presumably a copy of ‘how to run a football club for dummies’

Shit… now you’ve made me look too! Never paid so much attention! 😆

Edited by Jas10

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â