Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, brommy said:

Wouldn't another interested club then need to to beat our bid which matched the previous highest offer, thus increasing the fee and the sell on fee due to us?

Yea so X amount of interested clubs would be bidding against each other, and then ours would match the highest bid each time (if we decided to follow it up). Player can then choose where he goes. If he goes to one of the other clubs then we get some sell on fee. 

What I don’t get is why we would buy him back to not play him… so maybe there is someone with some accounting knowledge that can clarify the benefits of such a move. 

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Started catching up on some of the pages from about 598/600 ish and it started getting a bit "handbaggy" so apologies if someone's already said this but just sharing my outlook on this...

• It's the 10th July and we've added to our squad with more depth and quality 👍
  • We've had one first team player out and another in (admittedly in different positions)
  • I have faith in Unai & Monchi but not blind faith so will question things if I don't agree. However for they seem to have a plan and I like/understand their moves 👍
  • Squad players tend to need more time with the team to adapt to the system/manager/team so it's better to get them in early  -  we've done that 👍
  • Some bigger profile or better players, often get less expensive as the window progresses because selling clubs lower their valuations (think Mr Levy's approach). Money is still somewhat of a concern for us so if we make some kind of statement signing (expect us to in mindfield), we'll do this from now to the end of the window 👍   
  • Add in that the better players are probably at the EUROs/COPA, then it's understandable

We're in an amazing position ahead of our first year back in the CL. Some people need to chill the **** out and enjoy this. I've never had this in my lifetime and many others won't have either so enjoy being a good team with a proper mgmt structure for once!

I've put my handbag away now and I apologise. 🫶

• Haha 1

It's happening again..

Villa have chosen to do this and the figure will be reduced by 30 per cent because of a sell-on clause that was also placed in the terms that took Philogene to Hull.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Thanks 1

We need an emergency 1874 podcast where Tanswell and Bardell allude to knowing more than the other about whether the club actually wants Philogene or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I was expecting a more exciting higher profile signing than Philogene tbh. 

Do you believe this possible signing will be our last this summer window?

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Now I know we have a 30% discount, this makes it a no brainer TBH

pity we dont have a BOGOF.

54 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

So as others have mentioned, and as touted at the time, Unai really did rate him, but he wanted to go and play.

All interesting this.

If the thought is to buy him then sell him, is this legal?

14 minutes ago, brommy said:

Couldn't it go something like this?

Club X bid £15m;

We match £15m and now have 'first refusal';

Club X bid £18m, hoping Villa 'drop out';

Villa match the £18m, gaining first refusal from the player again;

Club X make a last and final bid of £20m, accepting if Villa match it they might lose the player;

Villa don't bid again but have effectively raised the fee by £5m.

Just guessing here.

I'd love that if true.   My only thought here is that if Club X bids £15m and we match it, then CLub X are under no obligation to increase the bid as the decision still rests with JPB. If he prefers Club X then he goes there. The only forced increase of offer might be what they have to offer him in terms of wages to pick them over us   -   but I may be wrong!

I think as @PaulMcGrath_5 laid out, there's merits to buying and then letting that figure amortise whilst we hope for his value to appreciate so we cans ell for profit later.

Morata was mentioned before... Real cleverly put a low/realistic buy-back clause in his deal with Juve so they were able to get him back and then sell for the profit. We don't have a buy-back, ours if a matching clause only (apparently) 

• Like 2

He's one of the best player/if not the best in the Championship. Given the amount of players that have flourished from that League in recent years, we have to sign him if possible.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2024 at 02:07, RicRic said:

Can i think of better players we could get right now that are in the realistic bubble, absolutely i’ve mentioned them in my last post.

Do i think Emery has made permanent signings that have failed no, but loan signings have been questionable but will disregard that.

Yes Jas think most of this forum would regard Felix as a special player but that doesn’t mean everything as we know, @TRO and a few others have explained the downsides to this player, now anything over £35m is a huge risk, Atletico well overpaid based on the potential he had which of course didn’t materialise.

His inconsistencies and lack of desire remain a heavy concern, we are best moving to other options, also Chiesa has declined and looked out of place in Serie A, again there are better options available

I would say " Special Talent" as opposed to special player.....he still has a lot to prove, to be be a special player...In My Mind, Nico Williams, Lamine Yamal, Musiala, Jude Bellingham are special players.

These things are gambles, much like signing Paul McGrath, if they come off, we all smell of roses....and we have had a few who have come off with Paul and Martin Laursen.

It's about judgment....If Unai wants to have a crack at him, who am I to doubt it.

However, We finished the season in a great position, but we are not established in the top 6 yet, so we can't afford too many gambles, right now, and we are not financially sound to make mistakes on big money buys......some more established clubs are in betty shape to ride the poor signings.....A Loan would please me.

I can see, the sheer excitement of getting a player like Felix to shine, and if we did, I have no doubt he would have a huge impact on our other players.

I'm glad, I don't have to make calls like this, but if Unai fancies it, more power to him.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

I'd love that if true.   My only thought here is that if Club X bids £15m and we match it, then CLub X are under no obligation to increase the bid as the decision still rests with JPB. If he prefers Club X then he goes there. The only forced increase of offer might be what they have to offer him in terms of wages to pick them over us   -   but I may be wrong!

I think as @PaulMcGrath_5 laid out, there's merits to buying and then letting that figure amortise whilst we hope for his value to appreciate so we cans ell for profit later.

Morata was mentioned before... Real cleverly put a low/realistic buy-back clause in his deal with Juve so they were able to get him back and then sell for the profit. We don't have a buy-back, ours if a matching clause only (apparently) 

Also now knowing we have the 30% sell on, it means it's £12.6mill to be amortised rather than £18mill.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

£12.6mill to re-sign him then.

Bardell and Gray say NO.

Tanswell says YES.

Manchester United fans find inventive new way to troll ...

Club could have fed something to Tanswell (or his colleague Orstein) to help frame a narrative and drive bidding.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â