Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Could Villa's 'interest' drive up the fee, increasing the sell-on clause to be paid to Villa?

*taps side of nose*

or

*puts 'Dunce' hat on*

Our involvement wouldn’t really matter because our interest would mean we match the highest fee anyway…  if it’s 2/3 other clubs then, guess there would be a larger fee payable to us if we have a sell on clause… 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I heard it was only 10%.

That’s a surprise, interested to see how this pans out if we bring him back to the club.

Is it possible we buy him back and use him as a transfer plus cash deal for a player?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Looks like we’ve done the old switcheroo and sent them Wesley

Looks more like Bacuna!

Maybe he’ll finally fulfil his dream of playing CL football!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

Could Villa's 'interest' drive up the fee, increasing the sell-on clause to be paid to Villa?

*taps side of nose*

or

*puts 'Dunce' hat on*

I've seen this suggested on X but it's only a matching clause so unless the player is likely to choose us over the rival bids, I do not see how it effects much. But I could be missing something. 

20 minutes ago, brommy said:

*taps side of nose*

or

*puts 'Dunce' hat on*

I reckon you could be on to something. We drive up the price, he goes elsewhere, we get a few extra mill.

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Our involvement wouldn’t really matter because our interest would mean we match the highest fee anyway…  if it’s 2/3 other clubs then, guess there would be a larger fee payable to us if we have a sell on clause… 

Wouldn't another interested club then need to to beat our bid which matched the previous highest offer, thus increasing the fee and the sell on fee due to us?

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So we sold him for £5m but are trying to buy him back for £18m? (if i'm understanding the clause correctly).

Great deal for Hull, that. 

Suppose our sell on clause would be removed from the deal to reduce it

29 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I really like Dan Bardell on his podcasts but I wish he’d quit with the whole “I know something you don’t know” tweets and comments. Either tell people or don’t. 

He's a content maker, it's his job to make you tune in to his content. I don't like it either.

24 minutes ago, brommy said:

*taps side of nose*

or

*puts 'Dunce' hat on*

Just what I was thinking 😆

• Like 1

could this be for the CL squad ruling of "club trained" players in the squad - would he still qualify even if he has been away for the year?

4 minutes ago, Isa said:

I've seen this suggested on X but it's only a matching clause so unless the player is likely to choose us over the rival bids, I do not see how it effects much. But I could be missing something. 

Couldn't it go something like this?

Club X bid £15m;

We match £15m and now have 'first refusal';

Club X bid £18m, hoping Villa 'drop out';

Villa match the £18m, gaining first refusal from the player again;

Club X make a last and final bid of £20m, accepting if Villa match it they might lose the player;

Villa don't bid again but have effectively raised the fee by £5m.

Just guessing here.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ever consider scouting? Luiz,Koopmeiners and Ramsey shit but Kalvin Phillips is great

Never said Ramsey was shite. Luiz was sold as I said he would be and Philips turned down Villa when they tried to sign him. Reputedly one of the very best managers then signed Philips.

Atalanta are trying to sell Koopmeiners who can’t get into the Dutch side and looks like joining your mate Luiz at Juve who have won **** all since 20/21!

Yes I’m no scout but then again neither are you. 😂

Started catching up on some of the pages from about 598/600 ish and it started getting a bit "handbaggy" so apologies if someone's already said this but just sharing my outlook on this...

• It's the 10th July and we've added to our squad with more depth and quality 👍
  • We've had one first team player out and another in (admittedly in different positions)
  • I have faith in Unai & Monchi but not blind faith so will question things if I don't agree. However for they seem to have a plan and I like/understand their moves 👍
  • Squad players tend to need more time with the team to adapt to the system/manager/team so it's better to get them in early  -  we've done that 👍
  • Some bigger profile or better players, often get less expensive as the window progresses because selling clubs lower their valuations (think Mr Levy's approach). Money is still somewhat of a concern for us so if we make some kind of statement signing (expect us to in mindfield), we'll do this from now to the end of the window 👍   
  • Add in that the better players are probably at the EUROs/COPA, then it's understandable

We're in an amazing position ahead of our first year back in the CL. Some people need to chill the **** out and enjoy this. I've never had this in my lifetime and many others won't have either so enjoy being a good team with a proper mgmt structure for once!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

People that need their “heads friggin looked at”? Those who rate Kalvin Phillips.

Bloody hell 😂

Yeah the same player Villa tried to sign. 😂

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Never said Ramsey was shite. Luiz was sold as I said he would be and Philips turned down Villa when they tried to sign him. Reputedly one of the very best managers then signed Philips.

Atalanta are trying to sell Koopmeiners who can’t get into the Dutch side and looks like joining your mate Luiz at Juve who have won **** all since 20/21!

Yes I’m no scout but then again neither are you. 😂

Koopermeiners got injured before the Euro's, just like de Jong. Both would have been playing if fit.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Yeah the same player Villa tried to sign. 😂

In 2019, when he was a championship player and we went on to scrape PL survival.

Hardly 2024 CL Villa going for him is it. 

Edited by Steero113

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

This would be a very good re-signing. Never should have sold him in the first place.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â