Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

This wasn’t the plan, this is being reactive 

Yup, that's how it looks.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This wasn’t the plan, this is being reactive 

I still think it’s his agent using our name. I call BS for now. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why is there more to it than meets the eye!?

What is the super sekret thing that more than we think Mr Bardell!?

Classic pretending to have ITK information to try to appear to have connections inside the club. Of course he can't share those details as he doesn't actually have any...

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I really like Dan Bardell on his podcasts but I wish he’d quit with the whole “I know something you don’t know” tweets and comments. Either tell people or don’t. 

I agree with this actually, even though I was the one who posted it. 🫣

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I agree with this actually, even though I was the one who posted it. 🫣

Oh I don’t blame you. He did something similar just before Kellyman got sold. I think he actually does hear stuff but if you can’t spill the beans just keep quiet about it Dan.

• Like 1

If we buy him back for £18m and then sell him straight away for £18m. Is he then still considered a homegrown player for us and therefor be "pure profit" in the eyes of FFP?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If we buy him back for £18m and then sell him straight away for £18m. Is he then still considered a homegrown player for us and therefor be "pure profit" in the eyes of FFP?

Nope, because he now has a purchase price, but he still be a club trained player from his 3+ years of training at the club 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

Could Villa's 'interest' drive up the fee, increasing the sell-on clause to be paid to Villa?

*taps side of nose*

or

*puts 'Dunce' hat on*

Just now, PieFacE said:

no because he would have a book value of 18m because that is what weve just spent on him. 

When we sell him for 18m, we make £0

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I really like Dan Bardell on his podcasts but I wish he’d quit with the whole “I know something you don’t know” tweets and comments. Either tell people or don’t. 

I agree with this apart from the really liking Dan Bardell part.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why is there more to it than meets the eye!?

What is the super sekret thing that more than we think Mr Bardell!?

we use him as leverage to get Eze from Palace :)

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah its annoying. Hints of "I know more than you but im not going to tell you hahaha"

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Nope, because he now has a purchase price 

Makes sense. Figured this would be the case and was trying to think of a scenario where this makes sense for us. 

I wonder what "matching rights" really means anyway. Surely everyone in the league has "matching rights" to all intents and purposes.

In the days of Fab Romano and sky sports, everyone knows everything anyway so whats really to stop us putting in a bid identical to others for any player.

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I wonder what "matching rights" really means anyway. Surely everyone in the league has "matching rights" to all intents and purposes.

In the days of Fab Romano and sky sports, everyone knows everything anyway so whats really to stop us putting in a bid identical to others for any player.

It’s more like Villa are privy to the offers, particularly the accepted offers. Giving Villa the knowledge what’s is an acceptable offer 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Now Jamie Gray is in on the act. I presume it’s all financial bargaining rather than actually trying to sign him to include him in our squad.

Shameless.

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm fairly sure that when he , Ramsey  and Archer left , part of the process was agreeing potential new contracts with all players agreed in advance  , in the event they came back 

but maybe I misunderstood / Imagined this 

Edited by tonyh29

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â