Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

In this day and age, would we bid for a player this far down the line having not already sussed this out? 

Remember 'tapping up'!

It's just disappeared. Was it ever officially removed as a rule.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

In this day and age, would we bid for a player this far down the line having not already sussed this out? 

Probably the club doing it for “effect” showing that we still have plans for him. 

because we probably do, yet fully understanding he wants to play regularly 

leaving the decision in his court 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Remember 'tapping up'!

It's just disappeared. Was it ever officially removed as a rule.

Exactly that. Would seem strange for us to match the bids if we knew full well he was going to reject us anyway! I am sure there is far more to it than I am suggesting, however.

The thing with Philogene is it was quite well known that Emery didn't want him to leave, he valued him and wanted him to be part of his first team squad. He sanctioned the move as he insisted he wanted to go and play regularly and you can't argue with the results.

However, I don't think it's cut and dry that he wouldn't come back, as yes Ipswich and Everton can offer him first team football, but we can also offer him a place in a premier league squad, and the chance to be in a Champions League squad. I guess it depends how much he wants to bet on himself at that level. Considering his agent was twerking for Barcelona, maybe he does.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So we sold him for £5m but are trying to buy him back for £18m? (if i'm understanding the clause correctly).

Great deal for Hull, that. 

It could be possible that we sign him back to immediately sell him for more, say to Palace for £25million. I think Madrid did this with Morata.

If it’s at the players discretion then it doesn’t make sense as if we were to sell him on then that buying team could just sign him for the original price.

I just don’t see him being part of the squad so call bullshit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

It could be possible that we sign him back to immediately sell him for more, say to Palace for £25million. I think Madrid did this with Morata.

If it’s at the players discretion then it doesn’t make sense as if we were to sell him on then that buying team could just sign him for the original price.

I just don’t see him being part of the squad so call bullshit.

We could match the bid but don’t over promise and let him pick where he wants to go. Out of respect. 

• Haha 1

Sell for £5mill - pure profit.

Buy for £18mill - 5 year contract - £3.6mill per year.

Keep him for 2 seasons (cost of £7.2mill), raise his value then sell him on for £30mill. 

Financially, it wouldn't be bad when you dig into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sell for £5mill - pure profit.

Buy for £18mill - 5 year contract - £3.6mill per year.

Keep him for 2 seasons (cost of £7.2mill), raise his value then sell him on for £30mill. 

Financially, it wouldn't be bad when you dig into it.

In theory that makes perfect sense. The challenge could be that he doesn't get a game because of the size of our squad and his value doesn't go up at all.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

why is there more to it than meets the eye!?

What is the super sekret thing that more than we think Mr Bardell!?

• Like 1

Would we have brought in Illing-Jr and especially Dobbin if the plan was always to bring back Philogene?

Just now, jacketspuds said:

In theory that makes perfect sense. The challenge could be that he doesn't get a game because of the size of our squad and his value doesn't go up at all.

Yep, that is the potential other side of the coin.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â