Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If/when Duran leaves, would Joao Felix be deemed as his replacement in the squad or would we still need to buy a "proper striker" as back up to Watkins?

Depends whether Emery is wedded to a particular formation, which I don’t think he necessarily is. Citeh pre-Haaland played without a recognised striker and were amazing. Have we got the depth of versatile attackers to play a similar way if Ollie was out? Maybe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

But I don't think I want it to happen...

I would like to see him come back but I don't think he will want to. If he has good advice he will end up at Palace, if he has bad advice he will end up at Everton and if he has terrible advice he will end up at Ipswich. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Agree and expected the response in relation to Olmo (wouldn’t you love to see us try though? 😆).

There are plenty of other options, some that could be at a similar level or the potential (Baena?) to be. I’ve never experienced or seen us be able to actually target/pursue the calibre of player we can now, to actually be able to attract such signings. Bloody exciting!

Definitely exciting. We are used to making do with dross, hence the ongoing believe it when I see it filter!

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would like to see him come back but I don't think he will want to. If he has good advice he will end up at Palace, if he has bad advice he will end up at Everton and if he has terrible advice he will end up at Ipswich. 

Certainly interesting to see how this one plays out! 

Would just feel a weird one all around. I was gutted that he left because he seemed ready to be involved and his talent is obvious, but couldn't begrudge him wanting to play regularly. From his perspective I'm not sure why he'd feel any differently now about his chances at Villa given we've gotten into the Champions League in the intervening period, and from Villa's it feels like there's already an overload of wide/attacking midfield players without accommodating another one.

If he was to come back, there must be at least 1 or 2 of the players that we deem as "wingers" that Unai sees as playing behind the striker instead.

Bailey and JPB on the right?

Ramsey and Iling Jr on the left? 

Rogers and Buendia behind the striker? Oh and Diaby!

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Why? He’s not going to come close to starting, he left because he wanted game time, it just seems pointless.  The only reason to bring him back is for the homegrown/trained quota which seems unfair on him.

• Like 2

I suspect he’ll turn us down for regular 1st team football at Ipswich 

He would be very handy for squad registration 

but tbh, we are stacked with wingers. Him getting game time with us would be rare. 

unless we do sell Diaby to the Saudis 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I suspect he’ll turn us down for regular 1st team football at Ipswich 

He would be very handy for squad registration 

but tbh, we are stacked with wingers. Him getting game time with us would be rare. 

unless we do sell Diaby to the Saudis 

In this day and age, would we bid for a player this far down the line having not already sussed this out? 

I think he'll go elsewhere.

We cocked up selling him for £5m though.

Would be another excellent option. Possibly too many options.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â