Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Olmo… the class or calibre of player that would replace, and improve on(!), what we have lost…

think he could play in central midfield too (has height and strength to go with his supreme technical prowess).

There are, of course, other (and more affordable) options out there, but the profile and quality has to be good enough imo. CL baby!!

Olmo is my favourite from this tournament, but given his performances, safe to assume he has played himself onto another level of suitor. If he goes anywhere, he won't be joining Villa.

There's no doubt we have increased our profile and we can pay Premier League wages, so that broadens the palate in terms of the market place available to us, but we are still new to this shopping centre.

We are not established at this level, so represent a risk to most top players looking to move. That's why we are (seemingly) interested in Chiesa and Felix, both undoubtedly talented, but only available to us because their form has dipped, so they are no longer the hot prospects the top dogs are slavering over.

Emery is a positive factor in player decision making for sure, but Villa are seen a risk and it's likely to stay that way for a while until we fix our place in the top six places on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I think if we got those 4 from who we’ve been linked to, we’d have done really well. All are realistic.

Kayode, Beier, Fofana and Hermoso. Won’t cost more than 70m I’d assume. 
So selling Duran, Cash and one of Dinge/Moreno could get us a near value to that. If we add Archer and whoever academy sales and if we managed offloading Dendonker, Chambers…etc we’ll be around 20-30m net spend in total. 

9 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Really? I've rarely been as relaxed. What are you worried about?

Same poster thought United would catch us and made a dramatic cry about it. Makes me more comfortable about this window

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Olmo is my favourite from this tournament, but given his performances, safe to assume he has played himself onto another level of suitor. If he goes anywhere, he won't be joining Villa.

There's no doubt we have increased our profile and we can pay Premier League wages, so that broadens the palate in terms of the market place available to us, but we are still new to this shopping centre.

We are not established at this level, so represent a risk to most top players looking to move. That's why we are (seemingly) interested in Chiesa and Felix, both undoubtedly talented, but only available to us because their form has dipped, so they are no longer the hot prospects the top dogs are slavering over.

Emery is a positive factor in player decision making for sure, but Villa are seen a risk and it's likely to stay that way for a while until we fix our place in the top six places on a regular basis.

Agree and expected the response in relation to Olmo (wouldn’t you love to see us try though? 😆).

There are plenty of other options, some that could be at a similar level or the potential (Baena?) to be. I’ve never experienced or seen us be able to actually target/pursue the calibre of player we can now, to actually be able to attract such signings. Bloody exciting!

Edited by Jas10

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

is anyone else not enthused by Chiesa?

last 3 season, 68 games in Serie A, 13 goals, 11 assists.

Not exactly setting the world on fire?

add to that the near year out with a cruciate ligament tear in 2022.

Is he even the same player as before that injury?.

57 games missed in 21/22, 16 missed in 22/23, 11 missed in 23/24, not a great record is it.

Its a big gamble, im not for or against it, but are we just excited by the name, rather than looking at what he could actually provide?

Before his injury he probably be out of our reach. Post injury he looks finished. Its no different than Zaniolo pre and post injury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, striker said:

And he’s been shite every time I’ve seen him play. Another player vastly overrated on here.

Those looking Villa to sign Chiesa need their friggen heads looked at. Could barely get into the Italian side in the Euros and when he did come on was useless.

Ever consider scouting? Luiz,Koopmeiners and Ramsey shit but Kalvin Phillips is great

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I know...  Almost like that Ollie Watkins guy...  Could barely get into that England side in the Euros and when he did come on he was useless...

People that need their “heads friggin looked at”? Those who rate Kalvin Phillips.

Bloody hell 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Can do his Zulu signs every game

If he scores us the goals that gets us CL again or a trophy let him do what he wants.

Obviously if he signed for me it would be history.

Cant see this happening anyway. Brentford would want more and i cant see toney being happy being under study to ollie 

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/atletico-madrid/20240709/1002278797/nueva-exigencia-joao-felix-futuro.html

This summer, Joao Felix is clear that he does not want his future to become a soap opera like it was last summer. The 24-year-old player wants to start the pre-season with the team he is going to play for. For this reason, he has asked his agent Jorge Mendes to speed up his departure from Atlético de Madrid.

July 27 is the date on which El Menino would have to join Atlético de Madrid 's preseason . After enjoying 21 days of vacation. Date on which his departure from the club must be resolved, either on transfer or on loan.

Joao is very clear that he does not want to meet up again with Diego Pablo Simeone , a coach with whom he does not have a good relationship, nor with the dressing room of the red-and-white team, with whom he broke relations last summer after multiple snubs. That is something he wants to avoid.

A request that automatically rules out Barcelona , as Javier Gascón pointed out in MD . Right now Barça needs, as happened last summer, for the player to remain calm. LaLiga has not yet granted him the 1:1 rule. The problem is that when the economic 'fair play' allows him to sign, he has other priorities such as Nico Williams . Both the president Joan Laporta and the sporting director Deco love the player, but they need him to wait until the end of the market like last summer because he is not a priority.

Thus, Joao Felix 's options are quite limited. This summer, the one that has been most talked about is his return home. From Portugal , Benfica are said to be willing to pay 20 million euros for 50% of the player. Something that would be close to the demands of the club, which would be between 50 and 60 million euros for the Portuguese. An option that has cooled off because the player wants to aspire to play in one of the major European leagues.

For that same reason, Fenerbahce 's interest may fall on deaf ears . That, and the fact that Atlético are looking for a transfer while the Istanbul club would only be happy with a loan. It is an issue that was discussed when both clubs negotiated the transfer of Soyuncu . A player who stayed in Turkey with the approval of his new coach, Jose Mourinho , who has reportedly hinted to the board that he would be delighted to have Joao Félix , a player with whom he shares an agent.

For this reason, Aston Villa is back in the mix . Unai Emery already praised the player when he preferred Chelsea . Now that the Basque coach has his team in the Champions League , it could be the time for him to take the step to sign him. If England continues to believe in Joao, it is the time to sign him. In addition, it is a club with financial muscle at the moment.

Last season, the option of going to Saudi Arabia appeared . An option that, in principle, neither the player nor the club seem to like if they do not want to pay a significant transfer fee for the player. A move to that country would devalue the player, and if there is no transfer, there are no options on the table, unless the situation becomes unbearable at the club.

Now, it is up to Jorge Mendes to find a destination for Joao. 

This article implies that Villa are pretty much the only realistic option for Felix at the moment...

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/atletico-madrid/20240709/1002278797/nueva-exigencia-joao-felix-futuro.html

This article implies that Villa are pretty much the only realistic option for Felix at the moment...

If/when Duran leaves, would Joao Felix be deemed as his replacement in the squad or would we still need to buy a "proper striker" as back up to Watkins?

14 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

The 'talk' was £50m - probably BS, but as I said, this is perhaps the thing that could make Philogene a viable option.

Otherwise - why would we sign him for £18m? Unless he was another one for PSR FC. 

Think you've answered your own question! 

And yeah, I simply don't believe a Saudi club is going to spend £50m on Diaby. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think if we got those 4 from who we’ve been linked to, we’d have done really well. All are realistic.

Kayode, Beier, Fofana and Hermoso. Won’t cost more than 70m I’d assume. 
So selling Duran, Cash and one of Dinge/Moreno could get us a near value to that. If we add Archer and whoever academy sales and if we managed offloading Dendonker, Chambers…etc we’ll be around 20-30m net spend in total. 

Who is Dinge?  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â