Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This transfer window is a bit 😬 

Just seems utterly chaotic. Yes there is time left blah blah, but I’m a tad worried about ‘the plan’ 

Base on what exactly ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Just seems utterly chaotic. Yes there is time left blah blah, but I’m a tad worried about ‘the plan’ 

Deja vu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Though most moves are just at a speculation stage, a thing I’d be a bit apprehensive about is trying to bed in multiple new key players, many without substantial experience in the premier league. We’ve seen how certain players can take a season to adjust, not necessarily worried but does seem a potential risk

21 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Its the 9th July. Don't shit the bed mate :)

95% of the rumours on Twitter and in this thread are bollocks anyway, try not to let it worry you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Really? I've rarely been as relaxed. What are you worried about?

28 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Like the sun rising in the morning. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

95% of the rumours on Twitter and in this thread are bollocks anyway, try not to let it worry you. 

This is the way to think.

The management will do everything to get the team as strong as they can within the limits they are within. It's only early July. The euros are still happening.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

This is the way to think.

The management will do everything to get the team as strong as they can within the limits they are within. It's only early July. The euros are still happening.  

Exactly. Behind the scenes we’ve signed half the Spain squad for the price of Dendoncker, Olsen and Coutinhos wages but they’re in the final so the reveals can’t happen until at least end of next week. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

They call him chicken little, they call him bubble boy

Edited by MSvillain

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Well, we seem to have brought in the two Juve players because we had to… no way we were getting the actual value for Dougie in cash so had to go about it in a weird way. Had to pick another player because one of the two was being a knob about coming… 

Talk of buying Philogene back…we already have Archer back so might as well get the band back together. 

Ross has returned. Nothing wrong with this addition to be honest. Pretty solid. Not necessarily a direct improvement on the starting 11 but gives us squad depth. 

So whats the plan then? What are we doing? 5 weeks until the season starts. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Xela said:

I’m not shitting any beds... i just don’t get what we are doing. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

is anyone else not enthused by Chiesa?

last 3 season, 68 games in Serie A, 13 goals, 11 assists.

Not exactly setting the world on fire?

add to that the near year out with a cruciate ligament tear in 2022.

Is he even the same player as before that injury?.

57 games missed in 21/22, 16 missed in 22/23, 11 missed in 23/24, not a great record is it.

Its a big gamble, im not for or against it, but are we just excited by the name, rather than looking at what he could actually provide?

The worse part will be how to offload him if it didn’t work. Add to that it’s the last position we needs to add (unless if we know we’re selling).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm pretty satisfied. Easy to forget we have lots of excellent players in key positions already so if we don't get as many injuries as last season we already have crazy depth in nearly all squad positions, just down the right hand side where we're a bit light. 

But we have lost Doug and Kamara will be out for at least half the season… we haven’t replaced them at all… we are literally weaker in the key area of the team than we were when the season ended. 

Our best CB and best no.10 are about to return. I'd take those improvements on last season's team.

Plus Maatsen, plus squad depth, minus Dougie (as it stands).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â