Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Play two or three of these:

Diaby, Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Dobbins, Illing-Junior.

Then put two on the bench.

Where does Philogene fit into that?

First - I'd take Dobbin out of the mix. I don't believe he's at that level. Loan for him, at least until January. 

Otherwise you are correct - Ramsey, Rogers and Bailey are the likely starters for those positions IMO, with Diaby and Illing-Junior on the bench. We've enough games for rotation to be necessary. 
There is talk of Saudi for Diaby, and this is the move which might make Philogene viable - not for me, but Unai knows best.

I also think that McGinn should be in that list. He can cover the 2x CM positions, but I don't think he should unless it's an emergency - sort of 5 choice (we need to sign another DM in my view).

The only other thing is injuries. One injury, and we're short on the bench; 2 and we've no depth at all.  

13 hours ago, RicRic said:

I think we could stick the boat out and obtain any of those players, Olmo is the only player who may look past us, Wahi is definitely realistic too as well as Barcola

Barcola has become pretty important to PSG, and after losing Mbappe, will they want to sell another first team attacker? They also just signed him.

Is Wahi really going to sign to become a backup striker here? And will we want to spend circa 40m on a backup striker? 

Olmo has a release clause of 60m

Xavi Simmons looks Bayern Munich bound. 

Koopmeiners is Juventus bound as well IIRC

I like the ambition, I just don't think any of them are particularly realistic for us this summer (especially if we need to sign another midfielder). 

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Olmo has a release clause of 60m

If we're getting close to £40m for Duran then I'd be on this like a flash (if he would join). 

We'd then likely see a further attacker out the door though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we're getting close to £40m for Duran then I'd be on this like a flash (if he would join). 

We'd then likely see a further attacker out the door though

Yeah, If he was willing to join and we had the money then I'd be all over it. But we would then also need to sign another striker and PL registration rules would be difficult to navigate. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

But it's not just those two he'd be competing with - he'd be up against Rogers and Ramsey for a spot on the left and Bailey and Diaby for a spot on the right - Philogene is an excellent footballer, but we're really well stacked in the areas he plays.

would we even have space in the PL squad to sign him? I'm not exactly sure we have a free squad spot for him without another sale. 

25 minutes ago, MCU said:

Is this assuming Barkley starts? 😜

It's assuming at least two of Tielemans, McGinn, Barkley and Barrenechea start - usually last season we played three with the preference being McGinn, Kamara and Luiz at the start of the year and dropped to two or added Tielemans later in the season when Kamara was out - with two we have room for three of the forward midfielders, with three, we have room for two.

2 hours ago, jigen said:

If you sell Duran, you should watch Broja. Cheap price and he has a great potential (for me higher than Duran). 

Broja is awful and Chelsea wanted 50 million for him in January. Duran also has a better record than him

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t think it’s that easily because of the time spent out on loan, but admittedly I’m not certain on the rules.

It would almost be worth bringing him back for our CL squad, albeit rather unfair on the player so I’m happy we’ll respect his wishes and hopefully get a sell-on fee.

If we don't get a sell-on fee, then I myself, would match Ipswich's offer and give him the choice of potential CL football this season, rather than the near certainty of Championship football next season. 

We should use West Ham’s money to beat them to the Soule signing. We have his best mate here already, and we’re in the CL, and we’re not owned by a bunch of clearings in the woods, so there’s really no decision for him to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

We should use West Ham’s money to beat them to the Soule signing. We have his best mate here already, and we’re in the CL, and we’re not owned by a bunch of clearings in the woods, so there’s really no decision for him to make.

Which attacking mid do we sell to make space for him?

5 minutes ago, John said:

If we don't get a sell-on fee, then I myself, would match Ipswich's offer and give him the choice of potential CL football this season, rather than the near certainty of Championship football next season. 

He turned down guaranteed European starts for Championship last season. Doubt he wants to come back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Which attacking mid do we sell to make space for him?

Good point.

I was thinking about whether he could play off Watkins in a similar role to what Joao Felix could do.

But yes, balancing the squad out is going to be tough whoever we bring in, regardless of the position.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He turned down guaranteed European starts for Championship last season. Doubt he wants to come back

He's just a tractor boy, see you later boy, not good enough for us. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

There is talk of Saudi for Diaby, and this is the move which might make Philogene viable - not for me, but Unai knows best.

I've not been paying attention, but how would that work? His book value must still be enormous - presumably in the region of £35m or something? - so you have to either believe Saudi are going to make a truly enormous bid unlike any we've seen them make in the last year, or you have to believe we're so desperate to get rid of him we'll crystallise a loss. Both seem very unlikely?

(I suppose he could be going on loan, but that doesn't seem much more likely either)

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Sulé is a rw. And you have already Bailey and Diaby. You should use the West Ham's money to buy a top midfielder to replace Douglas. Koopmeiners for example: he costs 60m euros and is worth it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Good point.

I was thinking about whether he could play off Watkins in a similar role to what Joao Felix could do.

But yes, balancing the squad out is going to be tough whoever we bring in, regardless of the position.

Well this is it - we've got a lot of players at the moment, especially in that wing/attacking mid area. I can't see us signing any more of them. 

CB and a replacement for Duran would be my best guesses for next signings but we've got a lot of players to sell still. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jigen said:

Sulé is a rw. And you have already Bailey and Diaby. You should use the West Ham's money to buy a top midfielder to replace Douglas. Koopmeiners for example: he costs 60m euros and is worth it. 

Isn't Koopmeiners off to Juventus as well?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've not been paying attention, but how would that work? His book value must still be enormous - presumably in the region of £35m or something? - so you have to either believe Saudi are going to make a truly enormous bid unlike any we've seen them make in the last year, or you have to believe we're so desperate to get rid of him we'll crystallise a loss. Both seem very unlikely?

(I suppose he could be going on loan, but that doesn't seem much more likely either)

The Saudi rumour was started by the same bloke he had turned us down for the Saudis the year prior. It’s just amazing how such nonsense repeats. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â