Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Do you think they see Barrenchea as cover for Kamara? Or, does he not play the same way? I don’t really know his style of play to be fair. 

I think we’ve already got Kamara cover in Enzo, it could be a risk depending on him, but we can’t the quality we want without spending crazy money while not being able to play him with Kamara. For me as I’ve said earlier it’s the Luiz replacement which we need to work on. 
Then we can wait until next summer to identify who can replace Kamara if we intended to sell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But it's not just those two he'd be competing with - he'd be up against Rogers and Ramsey for a spot on the left and Bailey and Diaby for a spot on the right - Philogene is an excellent footballer, but we're really well stacked in the areas he plays.

100% this.

Unless there is something in the Diaby to Saudi rumours, and we could cash in significantly.
Personally, I think Diaby will come good this season in a big way - but if Unai isn't sure, then we could likely cover our losses and maintain squad depth.  

Posted (edited)

Not to diss my fellow VTers, but the idea that we would discover a glaring roster shortcoming that Monchi et al aren't already well aware of is sort of amusing.*

Spoiler

* It's possible, but unlikely, surely.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think we’ve already got Kamara cover in Enzo, it could be a risk depending on him, but we can’t the quality we want without spending crazy money while not being able to play him with Kamara. For me as I’ve said earlier it’s the Luiz replacement which we need to work on. 
Then we can wait until next summer to identify who can replace Kamara if we intended to sell.

Ugarte on loan, win/win for all concerned

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s very similar 

If he does well in pre-season I think he might have a similar Villa career to Pau - chucked in at the deep end and sink or swim. At 23 he’s not a kid anymore (in football terms). 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I'm kind of hoping the Duran deal goes through. Potential talent but his whole attitude stinks and I think we can do much better. 

Excited to see who we might be looking at as a replacement. 

If we sold Duran for 35, then Cash for 20. I guess we’d have done very well, get Kayode, Beier and Fofana (if he didn’t move to Milan). Those 3 would cost slightly more than the two left. Then we got Dendonker, Chambers, Hause and Coutinho. Well Archer, KHH and Bograde depend what will happen with them. We could do those moves with 0 net spend. Hermoso on a free signing and we’re sorted for next season.

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Think Man Utd will get him - and unfortunately he’d really strengthen them. 

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

If that’s possible why not, I wanted it earlier the window, although I guess a lot of competition for that one.

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not to diss my fellow VTers, but the idea that we would discover a glaring roster shortcoming that Monchi et al aren't already well aware of is sort of amusing.*

Hide contents

Has someone said Monchi has missed anything?

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If we sold Duran for 35, then Cash for 20. I guess we’d have done very well, get Kayode, Beier and Fofana (if he didn’t move to Milan). Those 3 would cost slightly more than the two left. Then we got Dendonker, Chambers, Hause and Coutinho. Well Archer, KHH and Bograde depend what will happen with them. We could do those moves with 0 net spend. Hermoso on a free signing and we’re sorted for next season.

I’ve forgot to add Dinge or Moreno. If we managed to get anything above 10m for Dinge after signing Hermoso I think we shall do as well. We could end the whole window with a small net spend with healthier wage structure and easier contracts to offload.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Has someone said Monchi has missed anything?

Oh, now who would dare?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But it's not just those two he'd be competing with - he'd be up against Rogers and Ramsey for a spot on the left and Bailey and Diaby for a spot on the right - Philogene is an excellent footballer, but we're really well stacked in the areas he plays.

Personally i feel Rogers is the best offensive number 10 we have. He is far better in the middle than off the left. Plus Philogene is very good in the protection he offers the fullback, which makes him very well suited to our left. 

I'm not saying we should resign him, but I wouldn't be against it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Personally i feel Rogers is the best offensive number 10 we have. He is far better in the middle than off the left. Plus Philogene is very good in the protection he offers the fullback, which makes him very well suited to our left. 

Agree with that. I'd be keen to get him back because of the home grown rule. Also dont think you can have too many attacking players, they play in bursts and often tire quickly. Last season we were really struggling for numbers, players playing when tired etc at the end of the season. We've only added Buendia and possibly Iling Jnr to that, nobody yet sure of his role. 

Plus Philogene does crazy things on the pitch that just work. Strikes me as a player with a very high ceiling. 

Dont think it'll happen mind. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I pretty much agree in terms of where Rogers is best - I think he's brilliant as an inside left (as is Ramsey) and with Maatsen playing out wide on the left from fullback, he'll stretch defences and give whichever of those two plays a bit of room. Philogene is probably better as a more traditional wide left player and I'm not sure our system would suit him as well as it suits Rogers and Ramsey - we protect our left full back from behind with Torres - we don't want anyone in front of him.

Never wanted us to sell Philogene at the time, especially for 5m.  He had the potential to be one of our top players.  Id buy back for 18m in a shot.  Will make the squad stronger.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hide contents

In fairness, Monchi isn't paid just to spot those things, he's paid to fix them - spotting them is easy enough that we can all have a go - the other bit is really, really hard.

• Like 1

Play two or three of these:

Diaby, Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Dobbins, Illing-Junior.

Then put two on the bench.

Where does Philogene fit into that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We can get a loan to cover Kamara’s injury the same way Lenglet and Zaniolo covered Mings and Buendia.

Throwing Enzo in the deep end is far too big a risk.

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Play two or three of these:

Diaby, Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Dobbins, Illing-Junior.

Then put two on the bench.

Where does Philogene fit into that?

Is this assuming Barkley starts? 😜

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â